Edited: 17 days ago
8/20/15

Ok, so Graves comments got Mauro upset...again. I like Mauro, but does anyone else think it's starting to get a tad bit ridiculous? I understand mental health is a very tricky thing to deal with, but he deleted his Twitter and hasn't been back on TV yet. Maybe he was last night, not sure. I just think he is going to have to man up at some point. He overreacted to Corey's comments. I'm no graves fan these days, but he didn't say anything that bad ... Maybe he was building up the brand heat, maybe not, but Mauro cannot seem to accept any criticism at all. He takes his ball and goes home when someone says anything negative. 

Maybe I'm wrong here. I understand he is bipolar, but this seems ridiculous to me.

17 days ago
1/1/01

Graves is just a dick. He knew exactly what he was saying and that Mauro could potentially take it badly. I’m completely against the snowflake culture but Mauro is legitimate mentally ill. If you haven’t watched the documentary on Mauro be sure to do so. That guy lives on the brink of a breakdown. Honestly surprising that he didn’t kill himself when he was at his worst.

17 days ago
10/8/07

Corey could've handled the situation better. Such as talking to Mauro face to face instead of blasting him on social media.

17 days ago
12/28/12

Yeah, I wouldn’t want to have to be so cautious around a coworker like Mauro but it’s also really easy to not go on Twitter and blast someone publicly. Graves is a piece of shit.

17 days ago
9/21/19
Robert Thomas -

Ok, so Graves comments got Mauro upset...again. I like Mauro, but does anyone else think it's starting to get a tad bit ridiculous? I understand mental health is a very tricky thing to deal with, but he deleted his Twitter and hasn't been back on TV yet. Maybe he was last night, not sure. I just think he is going to have to man up at some point. He overreacted to Corey's comments. I'm no graves fan these days, but he didn't say anything that bad ... Maybe he was building up the brand heat, maybe not, but Mauro cannot seem to accept any criticism at all. He takes his ball and goes home when someone says anything negative. 

Maybe I'm wrong here. I understand he is bipolar, but this seems ridiculous to me.

I agree with you completely. Every time Mauro has his feelings hurt it's this insane melodrama where everyone has to tip toe around his feelings.  Sorry for his condition but this is pro wrestling where shit talking is literally part of the gig.  Just get rid of him as professionally as they can and move on. 

17 days ago
12/28/12
RumBarLife -
Robert Thomas -

I agree with you completely. Every time Mauro has his feelings hurt it's this insane melodrama where everyone has to tip toe around his feelings.  Sorry for his condition but this is pro wrestling where shit talking is literally part of the gig.  Just get rid of him as professionally as they can and move on. 

I think you’re confusing announcers for wrestlers. I don’t recall seeing a lot of announcers burying each other for non-story reasons. There’s no real purpose to that.

17 days ago
9/21/19
evh -
RumBarLife -
Robert Thomas -

I think you’re confusing announcers for wrestlers. I don’t recall seeing a lot of announcers burying each other for non-story reasons. There’s no real purpose to that.

Who cares?   It's wrestling.  Everyone is working.  

17 days ago
5/31/16

If Mauro can't handle a simple critque, then he needs to find a new line of work.

Graves did nothing wrong.

Mauro was horrible at the Takeover show. Nigel and Beth hardly had any time to speak because wouldn't take a breath for a second.

17 days ago
1/22/05
Bipolar disorder is a really tough disease to live with. My GF has it and her moods are so unpredictable. It's not something they have control over. The smallest of things can ruin their day.

Mauro probably deactivated his twitter to escape for a while. It was probably the best thing to do.

It would be different if Graves didn't know, but he knows. He's a fucking dick. He sucked as a wrestler and he's just a dick on commentary. There's a difference between playing a heel commentator like Lawler and just being a straight up dickhead like Graves.

As for people saying Mauro should go somewhere else - commentating is his life. It's his passion. It's what he has invested the past 20 years of his life into. The notion that somebody should quit the job they love because of an illness is stupid.
Edited: 17 days ago
7/13/09

I haven’t watched the doc on him so don’t know but just on the stories out there it looks like he’s  high maintenance.  

Way too much butthurt goes on with wrestling twitter and not enough “living the gimmick” nowadays. Pro wrestling’s at its best when it’s on the verge of a worked shoot.  So a commentator from the “Enemy” brand said something mean about you? You mean the way Bischoff and Schiavone did at WCW while JR and Jerry Lawlor did the same?When ratings were way better? You said you’re a fan of pro wrestling right?  Work the angle and calm your shit. 
but again haven’t seen the documentary 

17 days ago
1/14/12

My only point here is if Vince or Management we’re unhappy with Mauro then you know he would have been talked to about it.

This just makes Graves look like a real prick it’s just cheap heat that simple.

17 days ago
1/8/04
Somebody post Graves' comments.
17 days ago
12/6/10

They’re both insecure about losing their job to the CM Punk

17 days ago
12/15/00

I feel for Mauro and know he has a really tough road with his mental illness...but I will say after watching his doc, he would be a very hard guy to be around. 

17 days ago
2/29/16

Graves is an asshole but Mauro is a little pussy. I know he has bipolar disorder but seriously... Take your meds and go back to work.

17 days ago
1/1/01
Glowman - 

If Mauro can't handle a simple critque, then he needs to find a new line of work.

Mauro was horrible at the Takeover show. Nigel and Beth hardly had any time to speak because wouldn't take a breath for a second.

to be fair, the less Beth speaks, the better.
17 days ago
5/31/16
RKing85 -
Glowman - 

to be fair, the less Beth speaks, the better.

She's not as bad as Mauro's pop culture references he shoehorns in everyone 90 seconds.

17 days ago
3/12/14

Lol @ Graves shitting on anyone when he's sat next to Cole for years

16 days ago
1/1/01
I don't think Graves is a piece of shit. Personally, I like his kinda over-the-top snarky attitude. From listening to him on a couple podcasts, I think he's generally a pretty sarcastic person (which I can appreciate, because I am, too lol) and he just ramps it up for commentary.

At the same time, I am NOT gonna judge anyone for having bi-polar. I've not yet watched Mauro's doc (which I should kick my own ass for...need to fix that this weekend), but I know two people with bi-polar. One is a great friend of mine whose moods can almost cripple her. Another is a guy I know from the gym who is a legit tough dude, strong guy, etc...he was having mental health issues which exacerbated like crazy after needing surgery from a car wreck. Turned out he got diagnosed with bi-polar and when he found out, it landed him in the hospital for like two weeks.

I don't think you can really appreciate / understand just how intense bi-polar is by simply reading about it online. Until you see someone you know going through it or hear about it first-hand, my personal feeling is that most people probably under-estimate it by at least 5-10x.

Anyway, Cory could be trying to cover his ass, but he's apparently come out and since said that he tweeted that stuff not as an actual dig on Mauro, but to further the "enemy brand" storyline so they'd have something to jab at each other about the next night on Survivor Series.

I'm guessing this was just one of those things that caught Mauro the wrong way and had Corey said the exact same thing on any other day, it wouldn't have been an issue. This just so happened to be the thing that triggered the bi-polar...and it's something you can't necessarily predict.

Where I think Corey *did* fuck up is that once he found out the effect it had, he shoulda reached out, he shoulda apologized, etc - not waited to address it on the next episode of his podcast.

I mean, he and Mauro worked together for who knows how long - I'm sure they have some semblance of a relationship / friendship, and he could (should) have reached out.

As far as Mauro deleting his Twitter, etc - I don't at *all* see it as him "taking his ball and going home" or whatever. I'm betting Corey's comments set off his bi-polar, and Mauro knows enough (or someone close to him does) to simply delete / pause his social media not pouty, "oh yeah, well fuck you guys!", but rather in an effort to isolate himself from any of the continued backlash, commentary, etc on it so as to be able to get all that shit out of his world for a little while so he can focus on himself.

Think of it like someone who decides they can't take the negativity, arguing, politics, etc that incessantly pervades their newsfeed, so they delete their facebook...only a *much* more extreme version.

Regardless, I hope Mauro is getting the time he needs to settle himself mentally and will be back at it soon (Beth said on the latest episode of NXT that he'd be back next week). I love the guy's announcing and NXT is better with him, IMO.

I mean, there's something to be said for his contributions when a crowd is chanting "MAMA MIA!" at a big spot when he's not even there. lol
16 days ago
1/8/04
His commentating during the Cro Cop/Noguiera fight was awful.
16 days ago
8/20/15
Wiggy - I don't think Graves is a piece of shit. Personally, I like his kinda over-the-top snarky attitude. From listening to him on a couple podcasts, I think he's generally a pretty sarcastic person (which I can appreciate, because I am, too lol) and he just ramps it up for commentary.

At the same time, I am NOT gonna judge anyone for having bi-polar. I've not yet watched Mauro's doc (which I should kick my own ass for...need to fix that this weekend), but I know two people with bi-polar. One is a great friend of mine whose moods can almost cripple her. Another is a guy I know from the gym who is a legit tough dude, strong guy, etc...he was having mental health issues which exacerbated like crazy after needing surgery from a car wreck. Turned out he got diagnosed with bi-polar and when he found out, it landed him in the hospital for like two weeks.

I don't think you can really appreciate / understand just how intense bi-polar is by simply reading about it online. Until you see someone you know going through it or hear about it first-hand, my personal feeling is that most people probably under-estimate it by at least 5-10x.

Anyway, Cory could be trying to cover his ass, but he's apparently come out and since said that he tweeted that stuff not as an actual dig on Mauro, but to further the "enemy brand" storyline so they'd have something to jab at each other about the next night on Survivor Series.

I'm guessing this was just one of those things that caught Mauro the wrong way and had Corey said the exact same thing on any other day, it wouldn't have been an issue. This just so happened to be the thing that triggered the bi-polar...and it's something you can't necessarily predict.

Where I think Corey *did* fuck up is that once he found out the effect it had, he shoulda reached out, he shoulda apologized, etc - not waited to address it on the next episode of his podcast.

I mean, he and Mauro worked together for who knows how long - I'm sure they have some semblance of a relationship / friendship, and he could (should) have reached out.

As far as Mauro deleting his Twitter, etc - I don't at *all* see it as him "taking his ball and going home" or whatever. I'm betting Corey's comments set off his bi-polar, and Mauro knows enough (or someone close to him does) to simply delete / pause his social media not pouty, "oh yeah, well fuck you guys!", but rather in an effort to isolate himself from any of the continued backlash, commentary, etc on it so as to be able to get all that shit out of his world for a little while so he can focus on himself.

Think of it like someone who decides they can't take the negativity, arguing, politics, etc that incessantly pervades their newsfeed, so they delete their facebook...only a *much* more extreme version.

Regardless, I hope Mauro is getting the time he needs to settle himself mentally and will be back at it soon (Beth said on the latest episode of NXT that he'd be back next week). I love the guy's announcing and NXT is better with him, IMO.

I mean, there's something to be said for his contributions when a crowd is chanting "MAMA MIA!" at a big spot when he's not even there. lol

Taking his ball and going home isn't him deleting his Twitter. It was.him not showing up for work the next night.

I understand he is bi polar, but still what Graves said should not have been that big of a deal. This seems less to do with a bipolar episode and more to do with hurt feelings and being overly sensitive

16 days ago
1/1/01
OP, do you know / have you personally interacted with anyone that's bipolar?

Because telling someone that suffers from an extreme case of being bipoplar that *insert whatever here* "should not have been that big of a deal" is like telling someone that suffers from severe depression or suicidal tendencies that they should just "feel better".
16 days ago
4/5/02
I see both sides, but it's hard when Mauro is in the public eye. That fact, by nature, opens you up to criticism - both constructive and from trolls.

I feel bad for Mauro and maybe Graves was pushing it, but at the same time the company can't tip toe around one person's feelings. It wasn't like he said, "Mauro sucks and should shut the fuck up." If it wasn't for a storyline, I would hope Graves wouldn't post that to be an actual dick and instead talk to him offline.

I don't even know why I'm posting though as I don't watch WWE or NXT.
16 days ago
3/28/10

I like both of them. I wish Mauro wasn’t severely mentally ill. That doc was REALLY something. Scary. 

16 days ago
8/20/15
Wiggy - OP, do you know / have you personally interacted with anyone that's bipolar?

Because telling someone that suffers from an extreme case of being bipoplar that *insert whatever here* "should not have been that big of a deal" is like telling someone that suffers from severe depression or suicidal tendencies that they should just "feel better".

Yeah I had an aunt who was bipolar. She was never set off by small criticisms though. She was batahit crazy though.