Art Vandelay's Pro Wrestling Ground Meltzer and Cornette have twitter beef

2/7/20 12:42 AM
1/13/10

https://wwfoldschool.com/jim-cornette-ends-friendship-with-dave-meltzer-over-aew-wrestler-kenny-omega/

2/7/20 12:50 AM
12/28/12

no thanks

2/7/20 1:21 AM
8/14/12

Cornette hates Everyone

2/7/20 1:26 AM
8/2/05

Cornette seems like a sad depressed old man whose mouth writes cheques his body cant cash. He had the opportunity to help guide wrestling with NWA but he couldnt help himself running that damn mouth of his and used racist terminology.

Meltzer destroyed him in the back and forth it wasnt close. AEW beating NXT every week is more proof hes out of touch and left behind.

2/7/20 3:57 AM
11/11/11

Cornette's rant is fn awesome. Whether you agree with him or not the scathing venom and the way he points out stupid shit is funny as hell.

I'm glad the business still has voices like cornette around because he knows his shit and its an intelligent opinion thats divergent from what everyone else is saying. I think cornette believes 90% of what he says but he is still working everyone. He just heightens up his opinions for dramatic effect just like any good worker does. Cornette advertises aew more than aew itself cause he rants about them every week while reviewing practically every episode and ppv. Cornette just goes from target to target keeping himself involved in internet feuds cause it keeps getting him heat and thus ears to his product.

2/7/20 4:23 AM
12/10/08

Cornette is a clown, and is going down the same road as his buddy Vince Russo going further and further into irrelevance. 

2/7/20 10:27 AM
10/8/07

It'll be a sad day when Cornette dies. Whether you agree with him or not he's usually hilarious to listen to. And he has a mind for the business unlike anyone else.

2/7/20 11:29 AM
11/11/11

Kenny olivier

Jelly janela

Ri-hoooo

Dork order

Are the greatest roster ever

2/7/20 11:45 AM
3/7/05

Don't forget his little dog Pockets.

Cornette is hilarious, but I think he has crossed the line where his manager character has become a real person.

2/7/20 12:06 PM
5/1/14

Cornette is incredible. I love the guy simply for the fact he will say whatever he wants no matter how crazy it may be. 

2/7/20 12:51 PM
10/8/07
TheBearStare -

Kenny olivier

Jelly janela

Ri-hoooo

Dork order

Are the greatest roster ever

Dont forget the balding brothers (young bucks)

2/7/20 3:11 PM
9/24/18

The fact is that these guys both have the wrestlers they like, and the wrestlers they don't like. 

2/7/20 3:44 PM
3/7/05
Thrill Hammer - 

Cornette is incredible. I love the guy simply for the fact he will say whatever he wants no matter how crazy it may be. 

And he doesn't back track or back down. Offended? Well fuck you too! Cornette is awesome.
2/7/20 5:11 PM
6/22/12

I like cornette but he seems like such a child, not friends with meltzer anymore cus he likes kenny omega, block brian zane on Twitter cus he said comedy has a place in wrestling, like why do you have to have a problem with everything

2/7/20 7:26 PM
5/1/14
BigWilliam -
Thrill Hammer - 

And he doesn't back track or back down. Offended? Well fuck you too! Cornette is awesome.

Exactly.

2/7/20 7:57 PM
10/11/18
SuperKamiGuru - 

I like cornette but he seems like such a child, not friends with meltzer anymore cus he likes kenny omega, block brian zane on Twitter cus he said comedy has a place in wrestling, like why do you have to have a problem with everything

Cornette's like the drama queens he claims to be against.
2/7/20 10:13 PM
5/8/13

He entertains me. That's All I care about. 

2/7/20 10:14 PM
5/8/13
Dugs95 -

He entertains me. That's All I care about. 

He is a dick tho. A real life character 

Edited: 2/8/20 7:17 AM
7/13/09

This has been building for a while.

Cornette's absolutely correct about certain parts of the modern business sucking and being full of midgets who need a cycle of steroids and some actual wrestling training instead of gymnastics training. It's obvious Jelly Janella has been in the gym since that got started. Everyone in AEW should be listening to what he's saying and just filtering out his over the top bullshit.. Where he takes it too far is acting like because Kenny Omega wrestled a doll him and his "outlaw mudshow fuck friends"has no place in the business. They do and  they could use his knowledge. 

So instead both sides double down like dumbasses. The Young Buck skinny fats  say "you just don't get it man" and don't listen to his critiques about not selling or tagging in properly until Jericho spoke up. Then Cornette goes all apeshit and says "You're too fake I'll never work with you" completely ignoring he was at WCW during the Robocop PPV. AEW does need someone to tell them some of their stuff is crap. Or basic shit like don't have boring bad women's matches for 20 minutes going on at the hour turnover spot. He would be the perfect guy to help them when it comes to old school structuring a story buildup and payoff the way Cody and Jericho do and the rest of their roster doesn't.  So he has a point...

Then Meltzer comes in full blown defending everything they do and saying he's old and it's passed hm by not acknowledging he has a point. Meltzer just says "that's the way it is now".  So after he did that a bunch of times Cornette had an all time epic meltdown, it was great. The problem with shit talking Cornette is he actually has put asses in seats with his mouth. He's actually taken bumps, worked with legends, actually booked stuff etc.  Meltzer hasn't done any of it, he's a jock sniffer, so him just saying "yeah he's old the times have changed" without acknowledging his points drives him nuts. 

The fact is that the "best stuff" right now in wrestling is Cody and Jericho doing oldschool wrestling angles, the NWA that has more buzz than any of the other indys and NXT who also do "old fart" style wrestling.. and NXT UK even who do the "oldschool" British style. The "new" stuff is the flippy floppy no selling suicide dive every match shit that has people tuned out of Smackdown, Raw and parts of AEW.

Basically the LARPer gymnastics skinny fats and the Cranky old farts need each other. Both have points both can't see the others.

Sorry for the manifesto it was a long morning poop so I just kept writing

Edited: 2/8/20 7:16 AM
7/13/09

I like Discos take on it.

2/8/20 11:26 AM
11/11/11
JJitsu -

I get where they are coming from but I dont completely agree. Even though he has never stepped in the ring Meltzer is far more educated than most. The fact you have high level guys like Austin, Jim Ross, flair, etc. Who regularly talked to him and regularly used his perspective. Hell vince mcmahon met privately with meltzer before to get his perspective and may have even offered him a job.  However thats the thing, they only seek out his perspective. He was another sounding board to hear thoughts from. All the power players in the history of this business have had various opinions and there is no issue that everyone agrees 100 percent on. The smart ones tried to get input from as many people as possible along with their own experience to make educated decisions on business and working.

Fans act like meltzer is the definitive voice on the business. Fans and perhaps newer wrestlers are the ones giving meltzer too much power and thats simply cause his opinion was one of very few that got written down in this business.

2/8/20 1:30 PM
7/13/09
TheBearStare -
JJitsu -

I get where they are coming from but I dont completely agree. Even though he has never stepped in the ring Meltzer is far more educated than most. The fact you have high level guys like Austin, Jim Ross, flair, etc. Who regularly talked to him and regularly used his perspective. Hell vince mcmahon met privately with meltzer before to get his perspective and may have even offered him a job.  However thats the thing, they only seek out his perspective. He was another sounding board to hear thoughts from. All the power players in the history of this business have had various opinions and there is no issue that everyone agrees 100 percent on. The smart ones tried to get input from as many people as possible along with their own experience to make educated decisions on business and working.

Fans act like meltzer is the definitive voice on the business. Fans and perhaps newer wrestlers are the ones giving meltzer too much power and thats simply cause his opinion was one of very few that got written down in this business.

Yeah i don't agree that you can't call bullshit if you've never trained but I also don't think you can act as much of a know it all as Meltzer does if you haven't trained either.  

Ive subscribed to F4W at different times so like Meltzers knowledge but his blatant jocking of Japan gets old and his partner Brian Alvarez is doing a lighter version of Cornette every episode shitting on the logic in WWE. He doesn't tell Alvarez or Stone Cold times passed them by..  Alvarez calls bullshit, Stone Cold says it, Jericho and Jim Ross and a bunch of other wrestlers and podcaster crap on modern flippy flop no sell suicide dive wrestling.

Jim Cornette just says it more venemously so his point is lost in his venom and blind hatred of Omega and the other two. Omega and the rest seem like nice guys who would probably take his points on some stuff if he wasn't such an asshole towards them. Seems like they actually do listen to his podcast and have changed some things actually. Janellas obviously in the gym more and a few other things are noticeable.

2/10/20 12:43 AM
11/12/06

Here is whats funny, he hates the midgets, yet loves Ricky morton..... hates comedy in wrestling.... yet did promos about his momma, hates so much that he actually pioneered!

2/10/20 9:50 AM
3/7/05

Comedy in promos is not what Jim is against. It's matches made up entirely of comic gimmicks. His wrestling was the old school, blood and guts stuff from the south.

And I agree more with Jim than with Meltzer. Kenny is an incredible talent but when it pulls out a barb wire broom it's hard to take him seriously. And yes wrestlers should at least look like they would do well in a real fight. They don't have to be roid freaks, but at least be athletic and over 5'5".

2/10/20 10:42 AM
12/10/08
phillyhybridmma -

Here is whats funny, he hates the midgets, yet loves Ricky morton..... hates comedy in wrestling.... yet did promos about his momma, hates so much that he actually pioneered!

He's mad the Bucks are a way better tag team than any version of the midnights