Art Vandelay's Pro Wrestling Ground My WWE Elite Customs/Fix-Ups Thread (pics)

10/31/14 1:49 PM
9/30/12
Awesome Phone Post 3.0
10/31/14 1:50 PM
9/30/12
Do you customize for commission? If so what would the price be to have a figure made. Phone Post 3.0
10/31/14 2:11 PM
6/8/10
RedDragonUK - Brilliant stuff. Great thread. Man with a ring and a good camera and lighting you could recreate some of wrestlings great moments and sell prints. There is a photographer that does this with baseball figures. Phone Post 3.0
Brilliant. I would put some in my man cave. Phone Post 3.0
10/31/14 6:18 PM
11/11/11
can i get a closer shot of your cactus jack? i noticed he was on your shelf
10/31/14 7:22 PM
1/1/01
Very nice. Where are those shelves from? Phone Post 3.0
10/31/14 10:58 PM
5/8/13
Dude, i thought it'd be kinda corny but I like Ryan black so I'd never have said that, butchaving seen your work, it's cool as fuck, that ring is amazing! The detail is amazing. I'm blown away by how cool they all looked. The stop motion thing sounds cool and really fun actually! If you were local id be down to help play with your dolls and make movies lol Phone Post 3.0
11/1/14 7:41 AM
4/30/12
TheBearStare - can i get a closer shot of your cactus jack? i noticed he was on your shelf
Absolutely, sir. Thank you for the request, pic coming shortly, just have to get back on the laptop. At the moment I'm back on my phone to vote all you guys up and answer some questions. Phone Post 3.0
11/1/14 7:55 AM
4/30/12
Dugs95 - Dude, i thought it'd be kinda corny but I like Ryan black so I'd never have said that, butchaving seen your work, it's cool as fuck, that ring is amazing! The detail is amazing. I'm blown away by how cool they all looked. The stop motion thing sounds cool and really fun actually! If you were local id be down to help play with your dolls and make movies lol Phone Post 3.0
Thanks, Dugs! They're not dolls, and I don't play with them, you fucker! Lol. VTFU.

Part of me wishes they were a little more doll-like, honestly... with my daughter's Monster High dolls, you take it out of the box, and forget to untie one plastic fastener, and boom- head pops-off, arm is out of the socket at the elbow & wrist... dolls are a lot easier to take apart. Lol.
My arms are covered in lacerations from my accident a little over a month ago (that are mostly scarring over now, with the deepest ones still healing-up), and I am creating new ones daily- whenever I have to swap a torso. Lol. It's crazy. The process is pretty serious work. Boiling water & hobby/utility knives are always a part of this process, and I *always* end up forgetting to cut away from myself getting caught in the moment, because you have to seperate pieces in a hurry, before the factory glue dries, lest you end-up with a warped torso or pelvis, or other parts... it's a dangerous job, but damn it, it's all I've ever been good at. Lol. Phone Post 3.0
11/1/14 7:59 AM
4/30/12
Art(Monday Night Instigator) - Very nice. Where are those shelves from? Phone Post 3.0
Those shelves I re-built myself, they've been in the wall in my family room since the house was built. I actually have a 'before' pic of that, too- before they were painted and I rebuilt the frame... because it shows how my collection started off two years ago, I may post it ;) Phone Post 3.0
11/1/14 8:45 AM
4/30/12
Uncle Rukus - Do you customize for commission? If so what would the price be to have a figure made. Phone Post 3.0
Thanks man. I have done custom figures for orders in the past, and I usually don't ask for much. It all depends on the amount of work involved, and how much the parts cost.

And I always give *exact* prices when it comes to shipping- never a penny more than what it actually costs me to ship it to you... because I do a lot of business over the internet, and I can't stand companies that charge ridiculous shipping prices off an estimated amount just to grab a couple extra bucks from the customer.

If you're interested, you can PM me anytime (now that I can actually check PM's!) and I am always willing to work something out.

When it comes to custom accessories, however- the ring I've built was actually going to serve as a prototype for an online business I was looking to start.

Anyone interested in buying a custom ring, in the specific colors they want- that is the base product in the 'before' pic.

What you would be able to get from me, would be a fully customized scale ring for your figures, with whatever logos you decided (that I could design for you, based off of your description) on the ring aprons, turnbuckle pads, or the center of the canvas. I would also include padding, and either a real cloth canvas, or just about any color microsuede ring canvas. When I build the ROH circa 2004 scale ring prototype I had in mind for this website I was going to put together, you guys would really see the difference microsuede makes in quality/realism. For figures, it looks as close to the real thing as an actual ring canvas does in real life.

There are actually a decent amount of kids out there (and adults, too) that play with their wrestling figures, and take it dead-seriously... and would absolutely love a custom ring that was highly detailed specifically for them. Some of them actually keep records of wins & losses, and actually have created their own characters, gimmicks, and storylines. So my plan was to also offer the customer the ability to give me a description to design a logo for their figure federation, or enable them to send me their own logo for their figure fed, that they wanted on the aprons and/or turnbuckle pads.

Please excuse my FRAT. Lol, no matter what the post is, I just can't help but ramble... I'm sorry. Thanks for reading, and everyone in this thread is getting a daily VU. Haha.

But, FRAT answer: Yes, I do build customs for orders, and would only take a small commission based on the work/time involved. I also wanted to start an online business building custom rings specifically tailor-made for the individual buyer. That would be my speciality. Thank you all again for the positive vibes and compliments, and thank you for reading. Phone Post 3.0
11/1/14 9:35 AM
5/8/13
That's awesome man....I could see people wanting a specific ring like that, that's a good idea. I'll call them action figures then lol, I want to play with your action figures..... What do you do, where green gloves in front of a green screen to do the stop motion stuff? I'm intrigued now... Phone Post 3.0
11/1/14 9:46 AM
4/30/12

Ringside Collectibles Exclusive Cactus Jack:

I just added the cloth plaid red shirt, purchased online, and the barbed-wire baseball bat I felt was a necessary accessory in this case...

11/1/14 12:19 PM
4/30/12
Dugs95 - That's awesome man....I could see people wanting a specific ring like that, that's a good idea. I'll call them action figures then lol, I want to play with your action figures..... What do you do, where green gloves in front of a green screen to do the stop motion stuff? I'm intrigued now... Phone Post 3.0
Lol, I was just messin' with ya, man. It's actually stop-motion, meaning you pose the figures, take a picture, make a slight adjustment, take a picture, rinse & repeat. You basically end up putting dozens to hundreds of pictures together at a time in order to make an animation. There are several amateur attempts on YouTube, along with a few really good ones- none of which are done in anything remotely resembling the custom arena I'm building. Glad you're interested! Haha it's an awesome hobby for me... Phone Post 3.0
11/1/14 12:55 PM
1/1/01
Hell yeah, thanks for sharing. Really cool stuff here. Phone Post 3.0
11/1/14 4:11 PM
1/14/07
Awesome shit man.
11/1/14 4:41 PM
11/11/11
Thanks for posting the cactus pic!

bang bang Phone Post 3.0
11/1/14 5:12 PM
5/8/13
Ryan Black -
Dugs95 - That's awesome man....I could see people wanting a specific ring like that, that's a good idea. I'll call them action figures then lol, I want to play with your action figures..... What do you do, where green gloves in front of a green screen to do the stop motion stuff? I'm intrigued now... Phone Post 3.0
Lol, I was just messin' with ya, man. It's actually stop-motion, meaning you pose the figures, take a picture, make a slight adjustment, take a picture, rinse & repeat. You basically end up putting dozens to hundreds of pictures together at a time in order to make an animation. There are several amateur attempts on YouTube, along with a few really good ones- none of which are done in anything remotely resembling the custom arena I'm building. Glad you're interested! Haha it's an awesome hobby for me... Phone Post 3.0
I'm down, let's remake some events with funny/alternate endings!! Phone Post 3.0
11/1/14 5:12 PM
5/8/13
I wanna play with these things for reals lol Phone Post 3.0
11/1/14 5:42 PM
9/30/12
Pm Phone Post 3.0
11/1/14 7:57 PM
8/2/05
Cactus is really great Phone Post 3.0
11/2/14 9:18 AM
4/30/12
Thanks a lot guys! Another round of VU's for everyone. I have my girls for the weekend, but check back later tonight for an update- some new figures and new pics of my near-complete ring. Just got the ropes up appropriately, and guard rails for a test shot/arena setup prototype.

Uncle Ruckus, I will check your PM as soon as I have a chance. Thanks! Phone Post 3.0
11/3/14 5:28 AM
6/28/10
You definitely have a talent Phone Post 3.0
11/3/14 6:18 AM
7/23/09

VU--thanks for sharing

11/3/14 6:44 PM
4/30/12
CavRyda -

VU--thanks for sharing

Back at'cha man :)

Sorry I didn't come through with more pics yesterday, but I just uploaded a ton of pics taken today to make up for it. Will be posting as I wait for the first hour of Raw to DVR... happy this thread made it to a 3rd page so quickly! VTFU's all-around again.

Thanks again for the compliments and your interest. Honestly, I don't feel I'm worthy of the compliments when they seem to be minor part-swaps, slight adjustments & corrections of factory errors, so far- I haven't gotten into the more intricate stuff yet. But thank you sincerely PWF! More pics to come... Phone Post 3.0
11/3/14 8:11 PM
4/30/12

"Rated-R Superstar" Edge Ringside Collectibles Exclusive Fix-Up:

Recipe: Elite Series 1 Edge head, with painted hair, eyebrows, and goatee

Ringside Collectibles Exclusive "Rated-R Superstar" Edge body, belt, and jacket

Elite Series 1 Edge arms

Elite Series 9 Luke Gallows hands

Description: I was a big fan of this attire, so I decided to purchase this one, and sacrifice a valuable first series Elite Edge to make a Seth Rollins custom in his new gear. Should have some time to work on that tomorrow. I added the taped hands because I remember Edge taping his fists often around this time. I also added the medium-sized black elbow pads, as he actually either comes without elbow pads, or with very small ones. I felt this, along with the shades I added to the hair, made for a better likeness. Have been thinking lately of swapping the generic skinny torso out for a more-ripped Legends series 3 Brian Pillman torso. If I do change anything, i'll take some pics.