Art Vandelay's Pro Wrestling Ground My WWE Elite Customs/Fix-Ups Thread (pics)

12/11/14 6:31 PM
4/30/12
homegrowncone -

Hey Ryan, how is your recovery coming along?

Even better than doctors expected, actually. I'm nearly walking 100% without a limp. I want to get back in the ring so bad. Focusing on building strength back in my legs, and it's going really well. VTFU and thank you for asking brotha. Sincerely appreciated :) Phone Post 3.0
1/30/15 2:50 PM
4/30/12

Happy New Year, gentlemen! It's been awhile. Work-in-progress Seth Rollins:

Recipe:

Elite Series 33 Seth Rollins head (with hair, eyebrows, and facial hair repainted)

Elite Series 33 Cesaro torso (with chest hair sanded-down)

Elite Series 20 Cody Rhodes shoulders

Elite Series 25 Seth Rollins arms

Elite Series 1 MVP gloved hands & wristbands

Elite Series 1 Edge upper legs

Elite Series 29 CM Punk knee joints

Elite Series 29 CM Punk calves

Elite Series 29 CM Punk boots/kickpads

Description:

Feels like it's been forever since I've actually had a chance to work on some figures! I started this Seth Rollins quite awhile back... probably around the last week of November of last year. I ran into a couple problems along the way, though... the most annoying problem being the scale/height of the figure.

The solution to that problem, was swapping out the Elite Series 1 Edge lower legs at the knee-joints for Elite 29 Punk's lower legs, sanded-down and painted black using Krylon Fusion spraypaint. Then, putting the whole thing together: joints, pegs, and all. It was not an easy solution, but it was worththe end result. By doing this, it put the figure near-perfectly in-scale with the others...

The belt buckle "SR" is just a placeholder that I did off-memory... so I plan on touching that up quite a bit. I just recently obtained the paint needed to acurately detail the three different shades of black in his tights design, so I'll be adding that as soon as I have a chance, as well.

Thanks for looking, as always :)

1/30/15 5:24 PM
1/7/14
Excellent work on the Future of the WWE! I can't wait for your 2014 Money in the Bank Curtis Axel custom doll.
1/31/15 8:36 PM
4/30/12
dinobro - Excellent work on the Future of the WWE! I can't wait for your 2014 Money in the Bank Curtis Axel custom doll.
Thanks man, and lol... say what, now? Phone Post 3.0
2/2/15 1:35 AM
6/1/12
So idk if this has been discussed but can I purchase anything off you? Phone Post 3.0
2/3/15 6:02 PM
4/30/12
The LOL GUY - So idk if this has been discussed but can I purchase anything off you? Phone Post 3.0
I'm always down to make customs for orders. PM me anytime! Phone Post 3.0
2/4/15 7:35 PM
10/28/07
Ryan could you post some links to some decent extra accessories? I want to get some for my son but I remember you saying some really disappointed. Thanks in advance. Phone Post 3.0
2/7/15 2:08 AM
4/30/12
JoeMimic - Ryan could you post some links to some decent extra accessories? I want to get some for my son but I remember you saying some really disappointed. Thanks in advance. Phone Post 3.0
Sure, VU & I'm sorry I didn't see your response sooner!

WrestlingSuperstore.com sells several different accessories (just about anything you could imagine) taken from the exact same mold as created originally by WWE's 90's Action Figure Manufacturer, Jakks Pacific. Things like regular tables, ladders & steel chairs, are available in a variety of different colors.

However, I would certainly steer clear of their self-designed, breakaway announcer's tables. Very poor quality & design.

If I knew what you were looking for in particular, I could give you a much more accurate, personal suggestion.

Generally, anything from RingsideCollectibles.com is of good quality. However, I am not too thrilled with their design of a 3-piece breakaway table. The legs are slanted, and it doesn't look very realistic. I would imagine it would be extremely difficult to use functionally in a match being had by a kid playing with their figures. Very difficult to actually "put someone through" the table itself.

RingsideCollectibles.com also sells a 20+ piece accessory package with pretty much one of every weapon/hardcore accessory Jakks ever created. If you're looking for the best 'bang for you buck,' you can't go wrong with that. You pretty much get every prop they made over time at Jakks Pacific in one big package deal, and it's a decent price as opposed to buying them all separately from WrestlingSuperstore.com.

They also have several different items- folding chairs, ladders, etc- available in all sorts of different colors. They have & sell some of Mattel's molds, as well. Decent quality is virtually guaranteed. Again, if there is anything you're looking for in specific, I could offer a much more clear and helpful opinion. Feel free to ask me anything!

Basically, Ringside is a little more expensive (a couple bucks here & there) than WrestlingSuperstore, but the quality is usually superior and worth it, IMO. With WrestlingSuperstore, what you see is what you get- and sometimes even that is not the case, as I've ordered items based on their pictures & descriptions, and received something entirely different than what it looked to be on their website in pictures. Phone Post 3.0
2/7/15 6:53 AM
10/28/07
Ryan Black -
JoeMimic - Ryan could you post some links to some decent extra accessories? I want to get some for my son but I remember you saying some really disappointed. Thanks in advance. Phone Post 3.0
Sure, VU & I'm sorry I didn't see your response sooner!

WrestlingSuperstore.com sells several different accessories (just about anything you could imagine) taken from the exact same mold as created originally by WWE's 90's Action Figure Manufacturer, Jakks Pacific. Things like regular tables, ladders & steel chairs, are available in a variety of different colors.

However, I would certainly steer clear of their self-designed, breakaway announcer's tables. Very poor quality & design.

If I knew what you were looking for in particular, I could give you a much more accurate, personal suggestion.

Generally, anything from RingsideCollectibles.com is of good quality. However, I am not too thrilled with their design of a 3-piece breakaway table. The legs are slanted, and it doesn't look very realistic. I would imagine it would be extremely difficult to use functionally in a match being had by a kid playing with their figures. Very difficult to actually "put someone through" the table itself.

RingsideCollectibles.com also sells a 20+ piece accessory package with pretty much one of every weapon/hardcore accessory Jakks ever created. If you're looking for the best 'bang for you buck,' you can't go wrong with that. You pretty much get every prop they made over time at Jakks Pacific in one big package deal, and it's a decent price as opposed to buying them all separately from WrestlingSuperstore.com.

They also have several different items- folding chairs, ladders, etc- available in all sorts of different colors. They have & sell some of Mattel's molds, as well. Decent quality is virtually guaranteed. Again, if there is anything you're looking for in specific, I could offer a much more clear and helpful opinion. Feel free to ask me anything!

Basically, Ringside is a little more expensive (a couple bucks here & there) than WrestlingSuperstore, but the quality is usually superior and worth it, IMO. With WrestlingSuperstore, what you see is what you get- and sometimes even that is not the case, as I've ordered items based on their pictures & descriptions, and received something entirely different than what it looked to be on their website in pictures. Phone Post 3.0
Awesome thank you sir! Yeah I'm thinking mostly weapons. I got him that real scale raw ring off Amazon for Christmas and now he needs some good weapons. If I have any specific questions I'll definitely hollar. Vtfu! Phone Post 3.0
2/7/15 10:18 AM
4/30/12
Awesome, that ring is SO much better than the shitty, spring-loaded, 12" square ring they market to kids. I mean, honestly, what kid having a wrestling match with their figures wouldn't want more space in the ring to have their matches? Plus, the realistic aspect is awesome, too. You can stack tables, ladders, and chairs underneath the Scale Ring. Not so with the shitty little 12" ring.

With that in mind, here are a few accessories that I'd suggest. I would also recommend purchasing them from Amazon, as Amazon does not allow their customers to get raped on shipping charges... which is something WrestlingSuperstore.com loves to do to get a couple extra bucks off you. You're guaranteed a fair price on Amazon.

3 Piece Set of Wood Color Breakaway Tables:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00ARJMTFS/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1423313814&sr=8-1&keywords=break+away+tables+for+wrestling+figures&dpPl=1&dpID=51Vb2jhHJGL&ref=plSrch&pi=AC_SY200_QL40

Commentator's Playset (Black/Silver):

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00FJ98UPO/ref=pd_aw_sbs_t_38?refRID=01SVVGW8G9FZC589HH1D

Set of 3 Silver Trashcans for Wrestling Figures:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B002QYX5FA/ref=pd_aw_sim_t_27?refRID=0PXQA5P7A90WRDMSS21M

Large 10" Ladder for Wrestling Figures (Silver):

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00792QW22/ref=mp_s_a_1_56?qid=1423316887&sr=8-56&pi=AC_SX110_SY165_QL70&keywords=ladder+for+wrestling+figures

Set of Six Black Folding Chairs for Wrestling Figures:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B004S23CQ0/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?qid=1423317251&sr=8-2&keywords=set+of+black+chairs+for+wrestling+figures&dpPl=1&dpID=51dnqF6a51L&ref=plSrch&pi=AC_SY200_QL40

Hope that helps. Let me know if you have any questions at all. Have a great weekend brotha! Phone Post 3.0
2/8/15 1:05 AM
9/15/11
Awesome work on the Rollins figure homie. Phone Post 3.0
2/9/15 12:30 PM
4/30/12
HammerHead - Awesome work on the Rollins figure homie. Phone Post 3.0
Thank you brotha, VU!

Some new pics, new work, and an announcement to come later today.

Have a great Monday, my friends. Phone Post 3.0
2/9/15 8:02 PM
7/23/09

3 Piece Set of Wood Color Breakaway Tables

Commentator's Playset (Black/Silver):

Set of 3 TRASH CANS w/Lids

Large 10 Inch Silver Ladder

Black Folding Chairs

for Ryan Black

2/22/15 3:28 AM
1/1/01
These pics got released the other day, they're prototypes of the ROH championship belts from the upcoming toy line

2/22/15 9:12 AM
4/30/12
Looking pretty good so far! Any prototype images of the actual figures yet? Or any mention of how they're going to look? Or who will be in the first line?

VTFU & thanks for TTT'ing my thread, grizz!

I am currently unable to work, I have been diagnosed with a serious illness, despite my physical setbacks from the accident last September. I'll be undergoing strict and harsh medical treatment for this condition. Which sucks, because I feel amazing. Actually got back in the ring last week, and didn't miss a step. Had I not gotten blood work done, I would have no idea of what was going on inside my body.

Bottom line is, customizing will be my only form of income for the next few months. I would be glad to take any orders for custom figures from my PWF brethren, and I will also be posting new work with more detailed features as examples of what I can do- also, putting some up on eBay. For you guys, I would only charge for parts, and a small commission (based on time & detail). PM me anytime. Have a wonderful Sunday, gentlemen! Phone Post 3.0
2/23/15 1:12 AM
1/1/01
They haven't released any pics of the actual figures yet, or a lineup. Hopefully soon, I'm really interested to see who they launch with

And I'm sorry to hear about the health issues and wish you nothing but the best. How about some custom Bullet Club figures to occupy your time? And I'm not looking for a discount, I'll pay full price for them. Couldn't think of any better place for my money to go than the pocket of a PWFer that needs it. Let me know what you think, and keep your head up brother, things will turn around for you I'm sure Phone Post 3.0
2/24/15 8:19 PM
4/30/12
grizz632 - They haven't released any pics of the actual figures yet, or a lineup. Hopefully soon, I'm really interested to see who they launch with

And I'm sorry to hear about the health issues and wish you nothing but the best. How about some custom Bullet Club figures to occupy your time? And I'm not looking for a discount, I'll pay full price for them. Couldn't think of any better place for my money to go than the pocket of a PWFer that needs it. Let me know what you think, and keep your head up brother, things will turn around for you I'm sure Phone Post 3.0
Thanks grizz, VU. I appreciate your kind words. If you could PM me some reference pics I'd be happy to make some Bullet Club customs. I saw a Bullet Club AJ Styles that was flawless, and I'd love to make one myself. I am definitely down man, hope to hear from you soon. Phone Post 3.0
2/24/15 8:29 PM
4/30/12
I Lost An SN Bet To A Freakin 12 Yr Old - Question: Do you think you could make a Randy the Ram and a Hayabusa figure?

financially, I am 50 shades of fucked up but tough times don't last and would eventually like to buy a figure. Keep us updated on your health.
With the right reference pics, I could make just about anybody you may be interested in. Shoot me a PM and I'm always up for the challenge!

As far as my health problems go, it's really not looking good right now. My liver enzyme count is 200 points away from a dead body's- and they don't know what the problem is. I've been tested for all the usual liver problems (Hepatitis, HIV, etc.) So they're thinking it's advanced liver disease. I was told that, at this rate, I "would be lucky to live five more years." I'm dealing with it, though, trying to get to the bottom of it all.

Thyroid problems as well, but at least it's the less-common type, where I can't retain much body fat (as opposed to those with thyroid issues that can't stop gaining unhealthy weight.) I still feel good, and started training again, and am building muscle at an escalated pace, so I don't see that issue as too much of a bad thing, lol.

Thanks for the kind words and concern, guys. I'll keep you all updated for sure. Have a wonderful night, and thanks for reading. Phone Post 3.0
2/24/15 9:10 PM
11/11/11
BEAT WISHES RYAN BLACK. YOU ARE AWESOME. Phone Post 3.0
2/24/15 9:53 PM
1/1/01
I'll pull up some pics and send them over to you when I have a chance Ryan, either tonight or tomorrow. Keep the faith brother, you'll get through all this and be stronger for it