10/21/19 6:05 PM
5/13/17
JJitsu -
The Salaminzer -
JJitsu -

NWA at 605 on Saturdays I would think would get better ratings than another Big Bang Theory rerun. That’s where it should be, he supposedly had talked to them a while back.  I figure it’s a passion project, he’s spending serious Cherub Rock money, the commercial spots are place holders for real commercials so he can show the people he talked to what he can do. 

its basically NWA Hollywood/Championship wrestling from Hollywood who he used before he got this show and is where Josephus and the Librarian came from. But it’s usually horrible public access wrestling. He took that and put the CAW 80s NWA filter on it and added some better talent.  It’s perfect for an hour on TBS and can have AEW guys stop by once in a while for a crossover. 

I love horrible wrestling shows from dinky little venues. Reminds me of all the old wrestling mags I read as a kid. Never got to see anything but WWF on TV because we didn’t have cable in the ‘70s. 

Yeah I love finding old stuff in YouTube like that. They had all of Ole’s Anderson’s Georgia Championship Wrestling up there for a while and a bunch of the Blanchard family stuff from New Mexico. It’s horrible...but fun to watch. 

Living in New England in the late ‘80s-early ‘90s a local channel had something called IWCCW(?).  Really low budget. Tony Atlas was champ, Tommy Dreamer, Taz, 1-2-3 Kid, (oh shit 6:05...

10/24/19 11:00 AM
8/12/19
The Salaminzer -

Nobody else watching the premiere episode of the new NWA?

They’ve recreated the look and feel of the old Mid Atlantic and Georgia Championship Wrestling from the 70s and 80s.

Even started it at 6:05!!

Love it.. it is the best wrestling on tv right now 

Edited: 16 days ago
7/13/09

Best theme music 

16 days ago
2/25/12

Cornette is a dumb asshole

16 days ago
12/28/12

mods please change the thread title to “NWA White Powerrr”

16 days ago
2/16/09
evh -

mods please change the thread title to “NWA White Powerrr”

Lmao 

16 days ago
1/1/01

Cornette has a cross burning at 9:30 so wrap it up.

16 days ago
3/2/11

lol

"Jim Cornette just a little bit racist"

-New Jack

Or however he said it.

16 days ago
7/13/09

Seriously tha fuck did you guys make it all Klany up in here for WTF? Did I miss a white supremacy moment in the show or what? Did Bitch ass evh mistake the question mark for a Klan hood or something? I could see that happening. 

16 days ago
3/2/11
JJitsu -

Seriously tha fuck did you guys make it all Klany up in here for WTF? Did I miss a white supremacy moment in the show or what? Did Bitch ass evh mistake the question mark for a Klan hood or something? I could see that happening. 

https://411mania.com/wrestling/nwa-temporarily-removes-this-weeks-nwa-powerrr-over-jim-cornette-line/

People are conflating a stereotype driven joke with supremacy. The joke was in bad taste for youtube released show looking for wide appeal though.

16 days ago
11/1/00

The WeakSauce cancel culture strikes again.  If that comment offended you then you shouldn't be allowed out of the house without a handler.

12/28/12

that was quick

now he can get to the grift of being the guy forever crying about being “cancelled by SJWs”

16 days ago
8/2/05

I’m enjoying it so far Some of Cornettes comments about real men being over 6”5 and having digs at other companies is a bit pathetic when their most over guy is a fat dude in a question mark mask.

I think the hour length is about right any longer would be too long. I’m finding some of the stories a bit shallow and amatuer hour. A bit more depth would be nice without the weird editing. Kamille is smoking hot and Sandow is doing a great job as heel. 

16 days ago
10/20/07

The latest episode of NWA Powerrr was removed from YouTube today after a line from Jim Cornette on commentary drew fire from fans.

The moment occurred during a non-title match between Nick Aldis and Trevor Murdoch when Cornette attempted to describe the strength and courage of Murdoch.

“He’s the only man I’ve ever known that can strap a bucket of fried chicken on his back and ride a motor scooter across Ethiopia,” the announce proclaimed.

The comment, which is a line he used during a promo in the past, drew heavy criticism from fans. 

NWA Vice President David Lagana released an apology on the matter via Twitter, promising to take down and re-edit the episode.

“On tonight’s episode of NWA Powerr airing on November 19th 2019, one of our talents made comments which some viewers found offensive. We deeply regret the error and apologize. We have temporarily taken the program down while we correct this error.”

16 days ago
10/20/07

Thos going to turn Cornette conservative? Lol

16 days ago
2/29/16

So if he said roast beef instead of fried chicken, would it still be racist?

Fuck off.

16 days ago
11/11/11

Sad to hear. I liked cornette on commentary. Can't believe it didnt cross their mind to edit it out of the original release

7/13/09

LMFAO!
(In Jim Cornette voice)  A fucking Ethiopian joke in 2019 are you fucking stupid or just some outlaw mud show amateur not thinking about sponsors and shit like that? Just because that shit got over in a VFW hall in Reseda doesn’t mean you can do it on the big stage! 

but also that’s weak of Billy and Lagana to have it in the can for over a month then put it out there without editing that out then turn around and make him resign over it. WTF leadership is that ? They should have edited it out and known better before putting it out or should have defended that he used it before and the show is an 80s throwback to stuff like that. They’re the ones that actually fucked up. 

16 days ago
1/1/01
danny A - 

The WeakSauce cancel culture strikes again.  If that comment offended you then you shouldn't be allowed out of the house without a handler.

Plot twist - half the people upset about this are probably still big Bobby Heenan fans.
16 days ago
10/20/07

Even Dusty didnt let cornettes Challenger promo make it to tv in the 80s.  Agree that post production should have caught it and edited it out

16 days ago
1/1/01
Jim Cornette is stuck 30 years behind the times?!?!?!

I can't believe it.
Edited: 15 days ago
7/13/09

https://mobile.twitter.com/kamillebrick/status/1177343112831746048/photo/1

16 days ago
2/25/12
Mandible_Claw -

So if he said roast beef instead of fried chicken, would it still be racist?

Fuck off.

Dont act dumb he could've said any food he chose fried chicken 

Everyone knows what the fuck he was doing

16 days ago
3/7/05
Damn that is almost tragic. Jim waits for decades to get into an old timey NWA style promotion and screws the pooch like that.
16 days ago
8/2/05

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/08/20/fanboy-wrampage-jim-cornette/

To be fair Jim seems to be his own worst enemy .  Hes an out of shape old man he shouldnt becalling  dudes out or insulting their partners