15 days ago
3/7/05
Also to be fair she is not hot enough to even be a butterface...
15 days ago
2/29/16
Dravenlives -
Mandible_Claw -

So if he said roast beef instead of fried chicken, would it still be racist?

Fuck off.

Dont act dumb he could've said any food he chose fried chicken 

Everyone knows what the fuck he was doing

Lose the assumption and answer my question.

Edited: 15 days ago
8/19/03

Sucks that Cornette is gone, but you can't make those types of jokes these days without the the SJW's and flakes coming after you.   I can't blame Lagana for doing what he had to do to protect the brand.  

Poor choice by Cornette, but I'll still follow the product.   I respect what they're trying to do and Cornette leaving doesn't change that fact.

15 days ago
2/25/12
Mandible_Claw -
Dravenlives -
Mandible_Claw -

Fuck off.

What assumption? That he chose to say fried chicken?

Is he reading off a script?

15 days ago
5/4/04

Rubes in the 80s were offended at Cornette using a loaded racket.  Just another gimmick to draw heat.

15 days ago
11/3/14

Cornette was the only reason I gave it a chance. Oh well, outside of James Storm and Colt Cabana I didn't see enough to want to continue watching.

15 days ago
2/29/16
Dravenlives -
Mandible_Claw -
Dravenlives -
Mandible_Claw -

Fuck off.

The question is - had he said roast beef instead of fried chicken, would it still be racist?

15 days ago
1/1/01
Mandible_Claw - 
Dravenlives -
Mandible_Claw -
Dravenlives -
Mandible_Claw -

Fuck off.

The question is - had he said roast beef instead of fried chicken, would it still be racist?

It wouldn't because while people today are looking for something to be offended about, they looked at this comment as something other than it was.

It wasn't a sarcastic, dickhead-ish comment aimed at black people - it was a sarcastic, dickhead-ish comment aimed at starving people.

Saying "bucket of chicken" is racist to Ethiopians because they're predominately black would be akin to saying meth use & pumpkin spice is racist to Scandinavians because they're predominately white.
15 days ago
8/27/11

I’m literally shaking right now. 

-dravenlives 

15 days ago
11/11/11

Why isn't thunder rosa in wwe or aew? She seems awesome

15 days ago
1/1/01
TheBearStare - 

Totally agree.
14 days ago
10/10/02

It's a taped showed, why didn't they just edit it instead of firing him?

It wasn't really that bad to begin with.

14 days ago
7/13/09
NKcell -

I just wonder if it’s a work. 

An 80s manager makes an 80s joke on an 80s themed retro wrestling show. Dave Lagana the editor/director/producer has the content for about two months and releases it no fucks given then fires Cornette’s over it?

How the fuck isn’t the person who’s job it is to manage the talent and edit the program not fired or taking any responsibility? And how the fuck do they not just say “it’s an old 80s joke about Famine not race, look at the ridiculous liberal who just said it!”. Or acknowledge that it’s mostly the AEW kids on twitter who already hated him that were upset? 

hope he makes a tag team and invades. 

14 days ago
11/11/11
JJitsu -
NKcell -

I just wonder if it’s a work. 

An 80s manager makes an 80s joke on an 80s themed retro wrestling show. Dave Lagana the editor/director/producer has the content for about two months and releases it no fucks given then fires Cornette’s over it?

How the fuck isn’t the person who’s job it is to manage the talent and edit the program not fired or taking any responsibility? And how the fuck do they not just say “it’s an old 80s joke about Famine not race, look at the ridiculous liberal who just said it!”. Or acknowledge that it’s mostly the AEW kids on twitter who already hated him that were upset? 

hope he makes a tag team and invades. 

This would be ingenius and now im wondering if you may be right.

Either way cornette was actually quick to gove a press release/ad indicating he will be discussing his release on his podcast which I'm sure will give him a huge bump in downloads cause of the controversy. He had his angle with Russo, then his recent angle with the aew/omega/bucks bashing and now potentially this.

I dont dispute cornette believes the things he says but I do firmly believe he amps it up because it keeps him relevent and creates a buzz. Its his personal opinions on wrestling amped up for gimmicks sake. 

14 days ago
6/5/15

eh its okay but if cornettes off i probably wont mess with it anymore.

14 days ago
11/19/09

That's so weak. He's a heel gimmick his whole career. He's calling stuff just like he always has. Just the same way, Bobby heenan, Jerry Lawler and Jesse Ventura did as commentators. So fucking lame a heel comment is taken that way in PRO WRESTLING! The world is so fucking soft. 

One of the funniest heel moments I remember is back in around 97 Jerry Lawler called goldust a flaming fag and took a shot at his little kid. Obviously he meant nothing by it and it was used to get heat. I guess this day and age you can't offend anyone at all, movie, wrestling, tv or whatever. Such a joke 

I will not watch anymore

Edited: 14 days ago
3/2/11

So far Charles Barkely is still employed for saying "I don't hit women but if I did I would hit you" to some female reporter.

And for the record I don't think either or Don Cherry should be fired, cancel culture is the slacktivism of the weak.

14 days ago
2/25/12
Charles Barkley -

I’m literally shaking right now. 

-dravenlives 

I don't care tbh

Just think he's a dick and he knew what he was doing

Edited: 13 days ago
2/29/16
Dravenlives -
Mandible_Claw -

Fuck off.

Act dumb? Told you so! Cornette's explanation...

During a recent edition of The Jim Cornette Experience, Cornette had the following to say about this situation:

“It’s a starvation joke, not a race joke. Whether it’s a good joke or a bad joke, it was a joke that has been told on TBS, USA Network, broadcast television stations across America over a variety of locations for the past 30 years.

If when I had said it, the producer – one of whom is Dave Lagana, but there’s a variety of people that can talk to us on our headsets – had said, ‘Awww, Jim. Don’t say that.’ ‘Ok, sorry’.

If after the show, well we’re gonna have to take out that one joke out, ‘Ok, fine, sorry to make you have extra work.’ If anybody called me up and said, ‘Jim, you told that joke you’ve told a bunch of times, well that’s racist.’ ‘Ok, I didn’t know that.’ Cause I was thinking it was f*cking funny cause the people in Ethiopia were hungry.

I’m not that sorry, cause it was a joke. And if you don’t like the joke, that’s fine, and I’d even apologize for a bad joke. But this goddamn feedback was above and beyond the offense. And I didn’t mean it in any racist way, for f*cks sake.

I think the people that took it instantly as racist think that must be the only thing on people’s minds when they think of black people and chicken. Which, that’s a whole another issue that you’ve got. Cause I’m going for Starvin Marvin.

I, in now way, was thinking in that direction. To anyone who was legitimately offended by a bad joke in kinda sort of a way and would accept a reasonable apology, as humans sometimes do … yes, I’m sorry. Because I didn’t intend it that way.”

13 days ago
3/2/11
Mandible_Claw -
Dravenlives -
Mandible_Claw -

Fuck off.

During a recent edition of The Jim Cornette Experience, Cornette had the following to say about this situation:

“It’s a starvation joke, not a race joke. Whether it’s a good joke or a bad joke, it was a joke that has been told on TBS, USA Network, broadcast television stations across America over a variety of locations for the past 30 years.

If when I had said it, the producer – one of whom is Dave Lagana, but there’s a variety of people that can talk to us on our headsets – had said, ‘Awww, Jim. Don’t say that.’ ‘Ok, sorry’.

If after the show, well we’re gonna have to take out that one joke out, ‘Ok, fine, sorry to make you have extra work.’ If anybody called me up and said, ‘Jim, you told that joke you’ve told a bunch of times, well that’s racist.’ ‘Ok, I didn’t know that.’ Cause I was thinking it was f*cking funny cause the people in Ethiopia were hungry.

I’m not that sorry, cause it was a joke. And if you don’t like the joke, that’s fine, and I’d even apologize for a bad joke. But this goddamn feedback was above and beyond the offense. And I didn’t mean it in any racist way, for f*cks sake.

I think the people that took it instantly as racist think that must be the only thing on people’s minds when they think of black people and chicken. Which, that’s a whole another issue that you’ve got. Cause I’m going for Starvin Marvin.

I, in now way, was thinking in that direction. To anyone who was legitimately offended by a bad joke in kinda sort of a way and would accept a reasonable apology, as humans sometimes do … yes, I’m sorry. Because I didn’t intend it that way.”

Yeah cancel culture doesn't care, in their mind they just got another "Nazi scalp" for their Marxist wall.

A scalp that hates Trump I might add.

13 days ago
6/22/07
TheBearStare - 

She seems like more of a star than anyone else on Powerrr.
13 days ago
2/25/12
Mandible_Claw -
Dravenlives -
Mandible_Claw -

Fuck off.

"I thought it was fucking funny because people in Ethiopia are hungry"

LOL the guy is trash fuck him

13 days ago
7/13/09
Dravenlives -
Mandible_Claw -
Dravenlives -
Mandible_Claw -

Fuck off.

Nope, more like fuck you and the bitchmade parents that make bitchmade overly offended millenial pussys like you.  Anyone who grew up in the 80s heard tons of Etheopian jokes and knows they weren’t about race they were about starving motherfuckers. So I’m assuming you’re from the bitchmade everyone gets a trophy generation because you’re seeing race in it the way most bitchmade millennials who weren’t there at the time would because they project their own racist thoughts at everything. If you’re not a bitchmade millennial then there’s absolutely no excuse for this level of faggotry. 

13 days ago
7/13/09

Friend: Have you tried Ethiopian food?

Me: yeah I’ve skipped lunch before

Did you hear about the Ethiopian who fell into the piranha pool?

He ate half of them before they could pull him out.

How do you start an Ethiopian rave?

Nail food to the ceiling

Why don't Ethiopians ever take medicine?

The package says, "take in after eating".

13 days ago
2/25/12
JJitsu -
Dravenlives -
Mandible_Claw -
Dravenlives -
Mandible_Claw -

Fuck off.

Nope, more like fuck you and the bitchmade parents that make bitchmade overly offended millenial pussys like you.  Anyone who grew up in the 80s heard tons of Etheopian jokes and knows they weren’t about race they were about starving motherfuckers. So I’m assuming you’re from the bitchmade everyone gets a trophy generation because you’re seeing race in it the way most bitchmade millennials who weren’t there at the time would because they project their own racist thoughts at everything. If you’re not a bitchmade millennial then there’s absolutely no excuse for this level of faggotry. 

Suck my dick faggot