1/6/20 2:14 AM
10/5/12

Question mark and all the commercials rule. Shooter Stevens behind a Christmas tree was the funniest thing, and he grew on me after the original tough sell on his movie star gimmick.

Eli Drake is the man on the mic, but Royce Isaacs and his girl is terrible. Royce is good in the ring, but his podium promo where he was obviously reading the paper in front of him was hard to watch. They shouldn't have allowed him to be out there that long alone. He does well in ring, like when he said "this is what they can't do" and high fived Lattimer when the one Dawson was selling an injured hand.

I'm all for giving new guys a chance, but make sure they are ready or just let them do a 30 second 2 question promo. I don't know if I really want to hear Zicky Clay in a long promo, but after the Dawsons read Shakespeare I always want to hear them. They just need to introduce the green guys with promos and get all the women in a camp. The womans match on the last show was a botch fest, and they don't have anyone built other than thunder rosa and allison kaye. Everyone else is there to be pinned and can't gel well.

1/8/20 5:57 PM
10/8/07

ODB looks like she'd be fun in bed and leave me feeling sore in the morning. 

1/9/20 2:28 AM
11/11/11

Another great episode this week. Aldis is totally winning me over.

Why were aldis and Tim storm never picked up by bigger companies?

1/9/20 2:58 AM
10/8/07
TheBearStare -

Aldis was in TNA for like six or seven years as Magnus. 

1/9/20 8:12 AM
1/1/01
The Destroyer88 - 
TheBearStare -

Aldis was in TNA for like six or seven years as Magnus. 

From what I understand, he also turned down an AEW contract because he was proud of his work the last few years in NWA and didn't wanna leave what he felt like he'd help built back up.
1/9/20 11:07 AM
11/11/11

Thanks guys!

1/9/20 7:00 PM
7/13/09

I just don't get why Cody wouldn't have asked Shooter Stevens to be in AEW. They were funny together back in the day with Cody's mustache. This weeks interview was more gold. 

You've then got a fat Indy guy getting over with the Question Mark more than most of the Indy guys on AEW.  

they should avoid showing Camile from a profile angle. Serious witch chin. 

Never cared about Eli Drake or the other ex Impact guys they have there but he's growing on me and it feels like grown men pro wrestling. Not kids doing a gymnastics routine. 

Nick Aldis layed the Ric Flair on a little too thick this week with the "shut up fat boy" line but it's still working for him. 

And now Ricky Morton, a guy I could never stand, along with his lazy eyed psycho partner are doing the Tim Storm thing and shooting better promos and being more "entertaining " than the 30 year olds who can "go". 

1/9/20 7:09 PM
7/20/04
JJitsu -

I just don't get why Cody wouldn't have asked Shooter Stevens to be in AEW. They were funny together back in the day with Cody's mustache. This weeks interview was more gold. 

You've then got a fat Indy guy getting over with the Question Mark more than most of the Indy guys on AEW.  

they should avoid showing Camile from a profile angle. Serious witch chin. 

Never cared about Eli Drake or the other ex Impact guys they have there but he's growing on me and it feels like grown men pro wrestling. Not kids doing a gymnastics routine. 

Nick Aldis layed the Ric Flair on a little too thick this week with the "shut up fat boy" line but it's still working for him. 

And now Ricky Morton, a guy I could never stand, along with his lazy eyed psycho partner are doing the Tim Storm thing and shooting better promos and being more "entertaining " than the 30 year olds who can "go". 

It is totally refreshing to hear a wrestler yell "Shutup, fat boy!" into the audience. I loved it and hope Aldis does it more. He is very entertaining

Edited: 18 days ago
7/13/09

DUDES!! Watch the ending with Skurl and Aldis

Best hour on TV. Meltzer put them over big time in his podcast last night.

18 days ago
11/11/11

Only wrestling I watch on a weekly basis. Great show every week. I want to date thunder rosa. Nick aldis and aron stevens are superb

18 days ago
11/11/11

I'm becoming a big fan of aldis. 

Says he would love to defend the nwa title against hhh. Apparently hhh has a replica in his office of the nwa title and unsurpisingly may be a bit of a mark for it. 

18 days ago
11/11/11

If my cub was older this is the wrestling id have her watch with me

13 days ago
7/13/09

Pantera... fuck yeah

13 days ago
8/31/07

I was hoping somewhere in between on the era and heaviness spectrum, Wild Side by Crue, Eyes of a Stranger by Queensryche, too soon to go Far Beyond Driven IMO

13 days ago
7/13/09
savage animal -

I was hoping somewhere in between on the era and heaviness spectrum, Wild Side by Crue, Eyes of a Stranger by Queensryche, too soon to go Far Beyond Driven IMO

Yeah a more cheesy 80s was probably still in order but it did give me the old ECW feel when they'd always play the montages to WALK. 

13 days ago
1/1/01
JJitsu - 
savage animal -

Yeah a more cheesy 80s was probably still in order but it did give me the old ECW feel when they'd always play the montages to WALK. 

I was thinking about this earlier today. I don't know how doable this would be, but here's what I think would be cool as shit:

Find '80s rock / hair bands that were popular back in the day, but don't have the huge following now (simply because it'll be cheaper to license something from Dokken, Warrant, Queensryche, etc than it would Motley Crue, AC/DC, G&R, etc).

Pick a badass song of theirs for each new "season" (what they seem to be calling the lead up to each new PPV on youtube).

Then have the song, or some element of it, be the title of the upcoming PPV, just like they did with their first PPV and Dokken's "Into the Fire".

Not only would you have a cool new song for each "season", but it could be the "theme".

aka - not just the song they play, but sorta the baseline idea for storylines, feuds, matches, etc

13 days ago
1/1/01

Oh and Thunder Rose in the S3 intro makes me want to have her babies...

...even more than I did before. lol

12 days ago
8/31/07

^^cannot wait to hear Joe Galli announce, Live on pay per view, our next big event, 

NWA:Smooth Up in Ya !

12 days ago
11/11/11

Joe galli is fantastic and would have fit perfectly alongside mooney and mean gene in the wwf newscenter in the 80s and esrly 90s

Bring back Dokken!

-_-

Edited: 12 days ago
7/13/09

NWA Final Countdown

NWA Balls to the Wall

NWA Down Boys

NWA Once Bitten Twice shy 

NWA Wildside...oh wait