Art Vandelay's Pro Wrestling Ground Official Puroresu News/Discussion/Video Thread

5/12/13 8:24 PM
11/5/06
who's your pick for the Super Jrs. ? I've done went way out on a limb with Ricochet.

Also seems like NJPW is doing a lot (for them) of the three and four way dances.

Also I wouldn't rule out the Islander gimmick since right now Devitt has a Jericho jacket and Fale is playing Diesel. Western influence has already cost Japan the samurai and as far as wrestling goes I would rather the west learn from the east then vice-versa.

As always thanks for the work Grizz
5/12/13 9:03 PM
1/1/01
What's so stereotypical of two tongan guys playing hockey in New York as a gimmick? Phone Post
5/12/13 9:57 PM
1/1/01
Stryfe - who's your pick for the Super Jrs. ? I've done went way out on a limb with Ricochet.

Also seems like NJPW is doing a lot (for them) of the three and four way dances.

Also I wouldn't rule out the Islander gimmick since right now Devitt has a Jericho jacket and Fale is playing Diesel. Western influence has already cost Japan the samurai and as far as wrestling goes I would rather the west learn from the east then vice-versa.

As always thanks for the work Grizz
You always get the 6-8 man tags on the Super Junior shows since the rest of the card is filled with Jr singles matches.

Right now I'm going with either Devitt or Taguchi. It's been done to death, but I don't see many other options right now. I do think Ricochet will make some noise, as will Omega. I also have a feeling KUSHIDA will have a good showing also. They really need to establish some new blood in the Jr division Phone Post
5/14/13 11:45 PM
1/1/01
Results and notes from the Pro Wrestling Noah show at Korakuen Hall, along with results from the most recent Dragon Gate "King of Gate" show

NOAH "ARK NEW CHAPTER", 12.05.2013 (G+)
Tokyo Korakuen Hall
2,000 Fans - Super No Vacancy

1. New Chapter of the Ark: Taiji Ishimori besiegt Hitoshi Kumano (4:41) mit einem Modified Camel Clutch.
2. Go Forward: Naomichi Marufuji & Yoshinari Ogawa besiegen Maybach SUWA Jr. & Genba Hirayanagi (11:01) nach einem Cross Armbreaker von Marufuji gegen Hirayanagi.
3. Battle of Spirits: Mohammed Yone besiegt Maybach Taniguchi (11:04) mit einem Muscle Buster.
4. Momo no Seishun Confrontation: Atsushi Kotoge besiegt Daisuke Harada (12:10) mit dem Kill Switch.
5. BATTLE THE SUPER HEAVY: Yoshihiro Takayama besiegt Takeshi Morishima (1:48) mit einem Cradle.
6. GHC Tag Team Title: Toru Yano & Takashi Iizuka © besiegen Mikey Nicholls & Shane Haste (15:03) nach dem Oni Koroshi von Yano gegen Haste (1st defense).
7. GHC Heavyweight Title: KENTA © besiegt Takashi Sugiura (32:33) mit dem Go 2 Sleep (2nd defense).

After the main event, Sugiura agreed to join KENTA's NO MERCY stable. It was also announced at the show that Akira Taue will officially retire in December.
Taue hasn't seen any ring action in a while and is the current president of Noah. He's decided to put the speculation about his in-ring career to rest and officially retire so that he can concentrate fully on his duties as president. His retirement show will be in December, making him the last standing member of the legendary "4 Pillars of Heaven" after Misawa's passing and Kawada and Kobashi's retirements. It was also announced that Shane Haste and Mikey Nicholls are officially part of the NOAH roster and are no longer considered touring gaijins.

Dragon Gate
5/11/2013 Aichi, Tsushima Culture Hall - 600 Attendance

1. Akira Tozawa, BxB Hulk{W} (11:19 First Flash) Jimmy Kagetora, Mr. Quu Quu Naoki Tanizaki Toyonaka Dolphin{L}
2. Ryo "Jimmy" Saito, Genki Horiguchi H.A.Gee.Mee!!{W} (15:01 Backslide from Heaven) YAMATO, Cyber Kong{L}
3, CIMA, Masaaki Mochizuki, Don Fujii{W} (15:42 Gedo Clutch) Masato Yoshino, Ricochet, Rich Swann{L}
4. KING OF GATE 2013 First Round B Block: Jimmy Susumu (8:45 Inside Cradle) Uhaa Nation
5. KING OF GATE 2013 First Round B Block: Dragon Kid (15:11 Ultra Hurricanrana) Naruki Doi

Susumu's win over Uhaa Nation was the first singles loss Uhaa has ever suffered in a Dragon Gate ring. The loss came after a distraction by rookie Kankichi Shimizu, who will have his debut match against Uhaa on the 25th
5/15/13 10:45 PM
11/5/06
5/15/13 10:46 PM
11/5/06
5/17/13 5:47 PM
1/1/01
IVP order arrived in the mail today.

I know what I'm doing this long weekend.
5/17/13 11:43 PM
11/11/11
KOBASHIIIIIIIIIII I MISS YOU
REST WELL ON YOUR LAURELS.
5/17/13 11:47 PM
11/11/11
The fact he is so beloved and respected by his peers is reassuring to me. He really seemed passionate about wrestling and his fans and it seems like he's probably a good guy in person.like pro- wrestling brought out the good in him unlike the ugly it's brought out of a lot of others
5/18/13 1:46 PM
1/1/01
Holy shit, was Dustin Runnels ever green in 1992. His match at Jan 4/92 Tokyo Dome show has 4 botchamania worthy moments in the first 90 seconds.
5/21/13 3:16 PM
1/1/01
Lol, I'm still around! Not too much going on, I'll post some King of Gate results and some Noah results when I get home from work, along with video from any other recent shows I can track down

In the meantime, here's your Japanese news for the day: I'm going back to Japan for about 2 1/2 weeks this July. Already on the docket is a Kaientai Dojo show on the 15th and, if I can get tickets, Dragon Gate's biggest show of the year at Kobe World Hall. I'm looking into getting a mobile hotspot for the trip, so if i do I'll post live results from the shows I go to

Should be a spectacular trip Phone Post
5/21/13 6:14 PM
11/5/06
grizz632 -  Lol, I'm still around! Not too much going on, I'll post some King of Gate results and some Noah results when I get home from work, along with video from any other recent shows I can track down

In the meantime, here's your Japanese news for the day: I'm going back to Japan for about 2 1/2 weeks this July. Already on the docket is a Kaientai Dojo show on the 15th and, if I can get tickets, Dragon Gate's biggest show of the year at Kobe World Hall. I'm looking into getting a mobile hotspot for the trip, so if i do I'll post live results from the shows I go to

Should be a spectacular trip Phone Post

Have a safe trip and enjoy!
5/23/13 11:59 PM
1/1/01
Enjoy I shall. I had a blast on my last trip over there. This time around there may not be as many wrestling shows though. It looks like New Japan may be up in Hokkaido during most of the time I'm there, and unfortunately the dates I picked are right between the two biggest tournaments of the year, so I'll be there in the lull between Best of the Super Junior and the G1 Climax. I'll make the most of it though

Since I've been slacking lately, here are a few full shows I found to make amends to you all

NJPW "Raising an Army Anniversary ~ Strong 41st Anniversary~", 3/3/2013 @ Korakuen Hall in Tokyo

(1) Hiromu Takahashi & Takaaki Watanabe vs. Sho Tanaka & Yohei Komatsu

(2) Yuji Nagata, Wataru Inoue, Super Strong Machine & Captain New Japan vs. Hirooki Goto, "The Machine Gun" Karl Anderson, Tama Tonga & Ryusuke Taguchi

(3) IWGP Jr. Tag Championship Match: [34th Champions] "TIME SPLITTERS" KUSHIDA & Alex Shelley vs. [Challengers] Jushin Thunder Liger & Tiger Mask IV
~ 2nd Defense.

(4) Togi Makabe, Hiroyoshi Tenzan, Satoshi Kojima & Manabu Nakanishi vs. Toru Yano, Takaashi Iizuka, Yujiro Takahashi & YOSHI-HASHI

(5) Elimination Tag Match: [CHAOS] Kazuchika Okada, Tomohiro Ishii, Gedo & Jado vs. [Suzuki-gun] Minoru Suzuki, Davey Boy Smith, Jr., Kengo Mashimo & TAKA Michinoku

(6) IWGP Intercontinental Championship Match: [4th Champion] Shinsuke Nakamura vs. [Challenger] Lance Archer
~ 6th Defense.

(7) Special Single Match: [58th IWGP Heavy Champion] Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. [66th IWGP Jr. Champion] Prince Devitt
5/23/13 11:59 PM
1/1/01
Dragon Gate
3/2/2013 Osaka, BODYMAKER COLOSSEUM #2
1. Ryo "Jimmy" Saito, Jimmy Kanda, Jimmy Kagetora vs. Akira Tozawa, Mondai Ryu, Kzy
2. Naruki Doi, Shachihoko BOY vs. Genki Horiguchi H.A.Gee.Mee!!, Mr. Quu Quu Naoki Tanizaki Dolphin
3. YAMATO, Shingo Takagi, Super Shenlong III vs. Jimmy Susumu, Kotoka, Cyber Kong
4. Masato Yoshino, Rich Swann vs. CIMA, Super Shisa
5. Open the Twin Gate Title Match: Masaaki Mochizuki, Don Fujii vs. BxB Hulk, Uhaa Nation
6. Open the Brave Gate Title Match: Dragon Kid vs. HUB

5/24/13 12:01 AM
1/1/01
NJPW - Road to Pro Wrestling Dontaku
Osaka BODYMAKER COLOSSEUM #2
1,480 Fans - Super No Vacancy

01. Suzuki-gun (TAKA Michinoku & Taichi) vs Sho Tanaka & Yohei Komatsu

02. Jushin 'Thunder' Liger, Tiger Mask & Maximo vs Ryusuke Taguchi, Hiromu Takahashi & Takaaki Watanabe

03. Time Splitters (Alex Shelley & KUSHIDA) & BUSHI vs CHAOS (Rocky Romero, Alex Koslov & Gedo)

04. Yuji Nagata & Hirooki Goto vs CHAOS (Tomohiro Ishii & YOSHI-HASHI)

05. TenKoji (Hiroyoshi Tenzan & Satoshi Kojima) vs CHAOS (Toru Yano & Takashi Iizuka) vs Muscle Orchestra (Manabu Nakanishi & Strongman)

06. GBH (Togi Makabe & Tomoaki Honma) vs CHAOS (Yujiro Takahashi & Jado)

07. Hiroshi Tanahashi & Captain New Japan vs Karl Anderson & Tama Tonga

08. CHAOS (Kazuchika Okada & Shinsuke Nakamura) vs Suzuki-gun (Minoru Suzuki & Shelton Benjamin)

NJPW - Road to Pro Wrestling Dontaku
Osaka BODYMAKER COLOSSEUM #2
1,500 Fans - Super No Vacancy

01. Jushin 'Thunder' Liger & Tiger Mask vs BUSHI & Yohei Komatsu

02. Time Splitters (Alex Shelley & KUSHIDA), Maximo & Captain New Japan vs CHAOS (Forever Hooligans (Rocky Romero & Alex Koslov), Jado & YOSHI-HASHI)

03. Yuji Nagata & Hirooki Goto vs Hiromu Takahashi & Takaaki Watanabe

04. TenKoji (Hiroyoshi Tenzan & Satoshi Kojima) vs CHAOS (Toru Yano & Takashi Iizuka) vs Muscle Orchestra (Strong Man & Manabu Nakanishi)

05. GBH (Togi Makabe & Tomoaki Honma) vs CHAOS (Masato Tanaka & Yujiro Takahashi)

06. Hiroshi Tanahashi & Ryusuke Taguchi vs 'Machine Gun' Karl Anderson & Tama Tonga

07. 8-MAN ELIMINATION TAG: CHAOS (Kazuchika Okada, Shinsuke Nakamura, Tomohiro Ishii & Gedo) vs Suzuki-gun (Minoru Suzuki, Shelton Benjamin, TAKA Michinoku & Taichi)

5/24/13 12:02 AM
1/1/01
DDT "MAX BUMP 2013", 03/05/2013
Tokyo Korakuen Hall

1. Daisuke Sasaki, Yuji Hino & Hoshitango Vs Akito, Tetsuya Endo & Konosuke Takeshita
2. Danshoku Dino & Makoto Oishi Vs Kenny Omega & Gota Ihashi
3. Sanshiro Takagi, Toru Owashi, Kazuki Hirata & El Samurai Vs MIKAMI, Masa Takanashi, Michael Nakazawa & DJ Nira
4. KUDO Vs Antonio Honda
5. Keisuke Ishii & Takao Soma Vs Katsuhiko Nakajima & Satoshi Kajiwara
6. KO-D Tag Team Titles: HARASHIMA & Yasu Urano (c) Vs Hikaru Sato & Yukio Sakaguchi
7. KO-D Openweight Title: Shigehiro Irie (c) Vs Kota Ibushi

1/1/01
Here's the top half of the card from the Stardom Yuzuki Aikawa retirement show at Sumo Hall

STARDOM, "CHAMPION FIESTA 2013 Ryogoku Cinderella", 2013.04.29
Ryogoku Kokugikan, Tokyo
5,500 fans

5. Wonder of Stardom Title, Decision Match: Act Yasukawa vs. Dark Angel
6. High Speed Title: Natsuki*Taiyo (c) vs. Yuhi
7. Goddesses of Stardom Title: Kyoko Kimura & Hailey Hatred (c) vs. Kairi Hojo & Natsumi Showzuki
8. Nanae Takahashi That's Women's Pro-Wrestling: Nanae Takahashi, Tsukasa Fujimoto & Mika Nagano vs. Kaori Yoneyama, Hiroyo Matsumoto & Shuri
9. World of Stardom Title: Alpha Female (c) vs. Io Shirai
10. Yuzuki Aikawa Retirement Match - Yuzupon Retirement Best Fighting Spirit FINAL: Yuzuki Aikawa vs. Yoshiko

1/1/01
BJW "ENDLESS SURVIVOR", 05.05.2013
Yokohama Bunka Gymnasium

1. Yusaku Obata & Hideyoshi Kamitani vs Kazuki Hashimoto & Hoshito Takahashi
2. Yuichi Taniguchi, Keizo Matsuda & Bear Fukuda vs Shinya Ishikawa, Shinobu & Madoka
3. Abdullah Kobayashi, Takashi Sasaki & Shadow WX vs Yoshihito Sasaki, Yuji Okabayashi & Ryuichi Kawakami
4. Murderride Show Bring The Weapons Death Match: Masashi Takeda & Takumi Tsukamoto vs Jun Kasai & "Black Angel" Jaki Numazawa
5. BJW Tag Team Title: Yuko Miyamoto & Isami Kodaka (c) vs Kankuro Hoshino & Masato Inaba
6. BJW Strong World Heavyweight Title: Daisuke Sekimoto (c) vs Takao Omori
7. BJW Death Match Heavyweight Title, Fluorescent Lighttubes + Glass Boards + Kenzans Death Match: Shuji Ishikawa (c) vs Ryuji Ito

1/1/01
AJPW, 29.04.2013 (GAORA TV)
Tokyo Korakuen Hall
2,150 Fans - Super No Vacancy Full House

1. Kaz Hayashi & Shuji Kondo vs SUSHI & Yasufumi Nakanoue
2. Champion Carnival - Semi Final: KAI vs Go Shiozaki
3. Champion Carnival - Semi Final: Seiya Sanada vs Jun Akiyama
4. Takao Omori, KENSO & Yutaka Yoshie vs Akebono, Ryota Hama & Masanobu Fuchi
5. All Japan vs. Burning: Koji Kanemoto, Minoru Tanaka & Hiroshi Yamato vs Yoshinobu Kanemaru, Kotaro Suzuki & Atsushi Aoki
6. Masakatsu Funaki & Masayuki Kono vs Suwama & Joe Doering
7. Champion Carnival - Final: Seiya Sanada/Jun Akiyama winner vs KAI/Go Shiozaki winner

5/24/13 12:04 AM
1/1/01
That's it for tonight. If anybody actually watches any of it let me know what you thought
5/24/13 12:12 AM
1/1/01
Super Juniors starts right away!

I have been aware of the tournament in the past obviously, but this is the first time I will be following it day by day.
Edited: 5/24/13 12:26 AM
1/1/01
It's gonna be a great tournament for sure. Almost forgot, here are the results from the lead-in show yesterday courtesy of puroresufan.com

NJPW "BEST OF THE SUPER JR. XX EVE", 5/22/13 (Samurai! TV)
Nagoya International Conference Hall
1,500 Fans

1. Sho Tanaka vs. Yohei Komatsu went to a draw (10:00) when the time limit expired.
2. Road to the BEST OF THE SUPER JR. XX I: Titan & Barreta beat BUSHI & Hiromu Takahashi (8:29) when Barreta used the Dudebuster on Takahashi.
3. Road to the BEST OF THE SUPER JR. XX II: Kenny Omega & Ricochet beat TAKA Michinoku & Taichi (8:32) when Omega used the Croyt's Wrath on TAKA.
4. Road to the BEST OF THE SUPER JR. XX III: Jushin Thunder Liger, Tiger Mask, KUSHIDA & Alex Shelley beat Rocky Romero, Alex Koslov, Brian Kendrick & Jado (11:19) when KUSHIDA used a Japanese leg roll clutch hold on Romero.
5. Toru Yano, Takashi Iizuka, Tomohiro Ishii & YOSHI-HASHI beat Hiroyoshi Tenzan, Satoshi Kojima, Yuji Nagata & Takaaki Watanabe (15:44) when Ishii used a lariat on Watanabe.
6. Prince Devitt, Karl Anderson, Tama Tonga & Bad Luck Fale beat Hiroshi Tanahashi, Manabu Nakanishi, Ryusuke Taguchi & Captain New Japan (11:19) when Devitt pinned Captain after Fale used a choke lariat.
7. Togi Makabe, Hirooki Goto & Tomoaki Honma beat Kazuchika Okada, Yujiro Takahashi & Gedo (14:15) when Makabe used a King Kong kneedrop on Gedo.

Tournament starts in a few hours, results posted tomorrow morning before I head to work hopefully. I'm driving the Devitt bandwagon this year, though I really hope for a strong showing from Ricochet also
5/24/13 1:10 AM
11/11/11
Have a safe trip grizz! Any further word on Kobashi's retirement and the show itself Phone Post
5/24/13 9:21 AM
1/1/01
And we're off and running!

NJPW "BEST OF THE SUPER JR. XX", 24.05.2013 (TV Asahi Ch.2)
Tokyo Korakuen Hall

1. Best of the Super Jr. - Block A: Jushin Thunder Liger [2] beat Hiromu Takahashi [0] (7:49) with a Vertical-Drop Brainbuster.
2. Best of the Super Jr. - Block B: TAKA Michinoku [2] beat Tiger Mask [0] (4:00) with the Heavy Killer.
3. Best of the Super Jr. - Block B: Jado [2] beat Kenny Omega [0] (9:37) with the Crossface of JADO.
4. Best of the Super Jr. - Block A: Taichi [2] beat Rocky Romero [0] (8:30) via Pinfall.
5. Kazuchika Okada, YOSHI-HASHI & Gedo beat Togi Makabe, Hirooki Goto & Tomoaki Honma (15:20) Okada over Honma with the Rainmaker.
6. Best of the Super Jr. - Block A: Ricochet [2] beat Barreta [0] (11:56) with the Double Rotation Moonsault Press.
7. Best of the Super Jr. - Block B: Alex Koslov [2] beat Ryusuke Taguchi [0] (12:25) with the Russian Star Press.
8. Best of the Super Jr. - Block B: BUSHI [2] beat KUSHIDA [0] (9:25) with the Bushiroll.
9. Best of the Super Jr. - Block A: Prince Devitt [2] beat Alex Shelley [0] (12:44) with the Bloody Sunday.

couple surprises, mainly Bushi over KUSHIDA and Jedo over Omega. Was not expecting that with Jedo
5/24/13 9:35 AM
1/1/01
Block A seems much stronger than Block B.