Results from the big New Japan "Dominion" PPV
1. Kota Ibushi , Kenny Omega & Daisuke Sasaki beat Prince Devitt, KUSHIDA & BUSHI (10:48) when Ibushi used a sit-down Last Ride on BUSHI.
2. YOSHI-HASHI, Tomohiro Ishii & Rocky Romero beat Yuji Nagata, Wataru Inoue & Captain New Japan (9:26) when Ishii used a brainbuster on Captain.
3. IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Team Title: Jushin Thunder Liger & Tiger Mask beat TAKA Michinoku & Taichi (9:20) when Tiger used a Tiger suplex hold on Taichi to become the 32nd champions (decision match).
4. Special Tag Match: MVP & Shelton Benjamin beat Karl Anderson & Tama Tonga (10:19) when Benjamin used the Paydirt on Tonga.
5. IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Title: Low Ki (c) beat Ryusuke Taguchi (12:32) with the Warrior's Wrath (1st defense).
6. IWGP Tag Team Title: Toru Yano & Takashi Iizuka (c) vs. Hiroyoshi Tenzan & Satoshi Kojima went to a double countout (2:41). (RESTART) Toru Yano & Takashi Iizuka (c) vs. Hiroyoshi Tenzan & Satoshi Kojima went to a no contest (12:26) (1st defense).
7. Special Tag Match: Shinsuke Nakamura & Masato Tanaka beat Hirooki Goto & Tetsuya Naito (13:28) when Tanaka used the Sliding D on Naito.
8. Special Singles Match: Togi Makabe beat Minoru Suzuki (16:21) with a King Kong kneedrop.
9. IWGP Heavyweight Title: Hiroshi Tanahashi beat Kazuchika Okada (c) (28:06) with the High Fly Flow to become the 58th champion.
So the Okada experiment is over after just 4 months and the belt goes back to John Cena..., er I mean Hiroshi Tanahashi. I really thought Okada was doing a great job as champ and would have benefited from a longer title run, but New Japan decided that their top face and cash cow needed the title back, so the 6th title reign of Tana begins. Incidentally, his total of 6 reighns as IWGP Heavyweight Champion ties Tana for the most in New Japan history with Tatsumi Fujinami, and his next successful defense will break his tie with Shinya Hashimoto for the most combined defenses in history
In the IWGP Jr Tag Title decision match, the old dogs showed they still have some fight in them as Tiger Mask and Jushin Thunder Liger got the win over Suzuki-gun's TAKA and Taichi. Liger wrestled as "Kishin Liger", the persona he debuted against The Great Muta back in '96. He used red mist on Taichi, which Tiger Mask took advantage of to get him in the Tiger Suplex for the win
After his successful defense over the Best of the Super Juniors winner Taguchi, Low Ki was challenged by the returning Kota Ibushi. That match may happen at the New Japan/All Japan joint 40th anniversary show coming up
After the main event, the next challengers for the IWGP Heavyweight title made their claims as both Togi Makabe and Masato Tanaka challenged Tana. Both of them got big wins on the show, with Togi pinning Minoru Suzuki and Tanaka getting the win over Naito