Art Vandelay's Pro Wrestling Ground Official Puroresu Thread 2: Electric Boogaloo

9/2/15 10:56 AM
6/1/12
Is Bullet Club still a thing since Devitt left? Heard Aj Styles joined or something, I don't watch much of that side of the world because the foreign commentary always through me off, love the matches tho when I do ever sit down and watch! Phone Post
9/2/15 11:03 AM
1/1/01
Not only are they still a thing, Bullet Club is running shit in NJPW. They've held every belt in NJPW at one point or another over the past year, including 2 IWGP Heavyweight titles for AJ. They have the IWGP tag titles right now Phone Post 3.0
9/2/15 11:17 AM
6/1/12
grizz632 - Not only are they still a thing, Bullet Club is running shit in NJPW. They've held every belt in NJPW at one point or another over the past year, including 2 IWGP Heavyweight titles for AJ. They have the IWGP tag titles right now Phone Post 3.0
Whatt!!! Man that is awesome I'm a look up some recent ippv and watch them today forsure! I would be a full time viewer but like I posted previously the foreign language on commentary always got to me for some reason, But their epic reactions I always loved "BrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnBbbbbbuuuuustttttttaaaaaaaaaaa" Always loved their culture and need to start viewing more forsure Phone Post
9/2/15 8:32 PM
11/5/06
grizz632 - To my knowledge They don't have US distribution. You could buy from their Japanese site using a proxy service to deliver it to the US. Are you looking for something particular? I have a friend in Japan that picks up stuff for me for a small fee, I could ask him to look for it for you Phone Post 3.0

Thanks for checking. I am needing this shirt and not sure I can function in society without. I would need an XL because one day I plan on hitting the gym ;)

http://ckec.jp/pc/goodsImageFileView.do?___SHOP_NO=00000003&display_code=364107&goods_sku_code=00000000
9/2/15 10:31 PM
6/1/12
Stryfe -
grizz632 - To my knowledge They don't have US distribution. You could buy from their Japanese site using a proxy service to deliver it to the US. Are you looking for something particular? I have a friend in Japan that picks up stuff for me for a small fee, I could ask him to look for it for you Phone Post 3.0

Thanks for checking. I am needing this shirt and not sure I can function in society without. I would need an XL because one day I plan on hitting the gym ;)

http://ckec.jp/pc/goodsImageFileView.do?___SHOP_NO=00000003&display_code=364107&goods_sku_code=00000000
Very cool shirt BTW! Phone Post
10/2/15 11:19 AM
1/1/01
So I've been kind of M.I.A. lately, life getting in the way of my puroresu fandom, but I wanted to bump this with some fairly big and interesting news

All Japan held a press conference this week to announce that Go Shiozaki will be leaving the company as of October. Go said that he "wants to expand his potential" as a pro wrestler and both he and company president Jun Akiyama felt this was the best move for Go's career. As a result, the tag titles he held with Kento Miyahara have been declared vacant, much to the dismay of Miyahara who also declared their Xceed faction "dead". This upcoming tour should go a long way in clarifying the future of Xceed.

As for Go, it's an interesting move for him but his options are somewhat limited. New Japan is the obvious #1 choice, but it's unclear if they have interest. I think he could become a big success there, similar to someone like Ishii or even Shibata, but New Japan didn't express too much interest in Go when he left Noah a while back so I'm not sure that changes now.

Speaking of Noah, that's the #2 option for him in my mind. He could become the returning hero that dethrones the Suzuki-gun reign of terror and returns the GHC title to the Noah sekigun. That said, there were reasons Go left Noah to begin with and he may not want to return. If be does return, there's not much else for him to accomplish that he hasn't already, sonit doesn't really fit with his statement of wanting to "expand his potential"

Option #3 is probably Wrestle-1, where he'd be reunited with Keiji Mutoh who he worked under briefly in All Japan until the Wrestle-1 split. I'm personally not huge on Wrestle-1 and I'm not sure if that fits Go's ambition either. However, it's completely unknown territory for him so, in that sense, it would be an entirely new challenge

After those three options, there's really nothing for him. Dragon Gate doesn't fit his wrestling at all, DDT is kind of a neat thought but they're not quite at the level he'd be looking for, IGF maybe but I think he's looking for more exposure than that. Personally, I like the idea of him returning to Noah to run off Suzuki, then follow Suzuki back to NJPW to take him out on Suzuki-gun's own turf, then stick around as a NJPW regular
10/2/15 1:08 PM
11/11/11
Your last idea of chasing Suzuki from Noah to njpw is exactly what I was thinking Phone Post 3.0