Art Vandelay's Pro Wrestling Ground Official Puroresu Thread 2: Electric Boogaloo

10/20/14 4:15 PM
1/1/01
Stryfe - What type of shirt were you wearing? I thought it was a Raven shirt which led me to the Levy guess over Callihan

Lucha Fiction

10/21/14 10:18 PM
5/5/14
Before this thread goes away. Anyone have thoughts on Noah's Global League tournament?

I'm about to dive into the first couple of days, hopefully it's half as fun as g1 was.

Also it's my first time watching anything from this promotion but I'm pretty excited to see some names I recognize. Phone Post 3.0
Edited: 10/21/14 11:44 PM
1/1/01
No worries, the thread isn't going anywhere. I'll be keeping it up with results/news pretty regularly, just not much going on this week so far until today with the second day of the Noah Global League

Honestly, I expect it will play out how it does basically every year. The GHC champion will lose a couple high profile matches to build potential title contenders and finish 2nd in the block, missing the final. Nakajima already got the first of the upset wins over the champ, and I expect one more, hopefully to Sekimoto. I'm thinking it'll be Sekimoto coming out of block A and Masato Tanaka from block B, with Sekimoto getting the win

One thing you can always count on with Japanese tournaments like this though is questionable booking, but it should be a fun tournament anyway
Edited: 10/21/14 11:42 PM
1/1/01
Matches from today's show are up already, here are the tournament matches. Results moved to the next post

Block B: Masato Tanaka (Zero-1) vs Quiet Storm

Block B: Mikey Nicholls vs Yuji Nagata (NJPW)

Block A: Naomichi Marufuji vs Colt "Boom Boom" Cabana

Block A: Satoshi Kojima (NJPW) vs Katsuhiko Nakajima (Diamond Ring)

Block A: Takeshi Morishima vs Daisuke Sekimoto (Big Japan)
Edited: 10/21/14 11:45 PM
1/1/01
Results from Day 2 of the Global League

NOAH "GLOBAL LEAGUE 2014", 21.10.2014
Osaka BODYMAKER Colosseum
900 Fans

1. Crazy Dynasty vs Growing Generations: Super Crazy & Pesadilla beat Mitsuhiro Kitamiya & Hitoshi Kumano (6:09) Pesadilla over Kumano with a Dynamic Bomb.
2. Cho Kibou-Gun vs. BRAVE: Mohammed Yone, Taiji Ishimori & Atsushi Kotoge beat Maybach Taniguchi, Kenou & Hajime Ohara (7:17) Yone over Ohara with a Muscle Buster.
3. GHC Jr. Heavyweight Title Skirmish: Shane Haste, Chris Hero, Yoshinari Ogawa & Zack Sabre Jr. beat Takashi Sugiura, Akitoshi Saito, Daisuke Harada & Genba Hirayanagi (8:06) Sabre over Harada with the Jim Breaks Armbar.
4. Global League - Block B: Masato Tanaka [4] beat Quiet Storm [0] (7:39) with the Sliding D.
5. Global League - Block B: Mikey Nicholls [2] beat Yuji Nagata [2] (11:01) with the Blue Ben Jens (Moonsault Press).
6. Global League - Block A: Naomichi Marufuji [2] beat Colt Cabana [0] (9:11)
7. Global League - Block A: Satoshi Kojima [2] beat Katsuhiko Nakajima [2] (10:27) with a Lariat.
8. Global League - Block A: Daisuke Sekimoto [4] beat Takeshi Morishima [0] (13:17) with a German Suplex Hold.

Block A
-------
Daisuke Sekimoto (Big Japan) - 4
Shane Haste - 2
Satoshi Kojima (New Japan) - 2
Katsuhiko Nakajima (Diamond Ring) - 2
Naomichi Marufuji - 2
Akitoshi Saito - 0
Takeshi Morishima - 0
Colt Cabana - 0

Block B
-------
Masato Tanaka (Zero-1) - 4
Maybach Taniguchi - 2
Yuji Nagata (New Japan) - 2
Mikey Nichols - 2
Mohammed Yone - 0
Chris Hero - 0
Takashi Sugiura - 0
Quiet Storm - 0

And as I said earlier about questionable booking, Nakajima gets the main event win over the GHC champion and face of Noah in Marufuji on day one, then loses to Satoshi Kojima on day two when Kojima had lost on day one to tag wrestler Shane Haste. Little things like that annoy me a bit, but it will all even out by the end of the block matches
10/22/14 12:31 AM
1/1/01
I've been catching up on some other companies that I haven't had time to watch much of lately and just finished watching this match. The big companies get all the attention, so here's something from the little guys. It's not Tanahashi/Okada or anything, but I thought it was a fun match. Hopefully some people will give it a shot

Kaientai Dojo - Champion of Strongest K Championship Match: Kengo Mashimo (C) vs Hiro Tonai
10/22/14 12:51 AM
5/5/14
Kinda crazy that kojima and nagata are in another round robin tournament. Although I'm sure thus one isn't as trying as g1.

Those guys are pretty old to be wrestling that often. Kind of impressive. Phone Post 3.0
10/22/14 1:07 AM
1/1/01
Nagata won last year's Global League. I don't see it happening again though Phone Post 3.0
10/22/14 1:10 AM
5/5/14
no idea how to embed videos and i know i cant since im not a blue but i felt the need to post this match. holy fucking shit

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x28963g_t-hawk-eita-c-vs-jimmy-susumu-jimmy-kagetora-dragon-gate_sport
10/22/14 1:17 AM
1/1/01
sambo4248 - no idea how to embed videos and i know i cant since im not a blue but i felt the need to post this match. holy fucking shit

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x28963g_t-hawk-eita-c-vs-jimmy-susumu-jimmy-kagetora-dragon-gate_sport

Open the Twin Gate Championship: The Millennials (T-Hawk & Eita) vs The Jimmyz (Jimmy Susumu & Jimmy Kagetora)

This match is fantastic. The Millennials have been white hot since they formed after they came back from Mexico and are my favorite part of Dragon Gate right now
Edited: 10/22/14 11:30 PM
1/1/01
AJPW "RESURRECTION! 2014 GIANT SERIES JR. TAG BATTLE OF GLORY", 22.10.2014
Tokyo Korakuen Hall
1,181 Fans

1. Masayuki Mitomi beat Naoya Nomura (4:34) with a Camel Clutch.
2. Jr. Tag Battle of Glory Finalist Decision Match: Atsushi Aoki & Hikaru Sato beat Keisuke Ishii & Soma Takao (7:08) Aoki over Takao with the Trap Over.
3. Masanobu Fuchi & Chikara beat Osamu Nishimura & Masao Inoue (12:55) Fuchi over Inoue with a Small Package Hold.
4. Jr. Scramble Premium Six Man Tag Match: Ryuji Hijikata, Yohei Nakajima & Soma Takao beat Kotaro Suzuki, Keisuke Ishii & SUSHI (13:56) Hijikata over SUSHI with a Super Fisherman's Buster.
5. KENSO beat Kengo Mashimo (12:36) with the Hagakure.
6. Raising An Army Commemorative Match: Joe Doering, Suwama & Zeus beat Go Shiozaki, Kento Miyahara & Shigehiro Irie (14:45) Doering over Shiozaki with the Revolution Bomb.
7. Jr. Tag Battle of Glory - Final: Atsushi Aoki & Hikaru Sato beat Yoshinobu Kanemaru & Ultimo Dragon (22:07) Sato over Kanemaru with a Cross Armbreaker.
8. AJPW World Tag Team Title: Jun Akiyama & Takao Omori (c) beat Akebono & Yutaka Yoshie (19:40) Omori over Yoshie with a Sliding Axe Bomber (3rd defense).

By virtue of their victory in the "Jr Tag Battle of Glory" tournament, the Evolution team of Aoki & Sato get a slot in the upcoming Real World Tag League. The rest of the lineup for the league was announced as well. The field will be made up of 8 teams, most of whom are usual suspects in All Japan. Not much outside involvement other than the Kaientai Dojo team of Kengo Mashimo and Tank Nagai.

Also coming out of this show, Ryuji Hijikata challenged Kotaro Suzuki to a Gaora TV title match after his victory in the Jr scramble, and after their victory in the Jr Tag Battle of Glory, Hikaru Sato challenged his partner Atsushi Aoki to a Jr Heavyweight title.

Real World Tag League:
- Joe Doering & Suwama (2013 Champions)
- Jun Akiyama & Takao Omori (Current AJPW World Tag Team Champions)
- Go Shiozaki & Kento Miyahara
- Akebono & Yutaka Yoshie
- KENSO & Mitsuya Nagai
- Zeus & The Bodyguard
- Kengo Mashimo & Tank Nagai
- Atsushi Aoki & Hikaru Sato (Jr. Tag Battle of Glory Winners)
10/23/14 11:35 PM
1/1/01
Rumors out there that Jim Ross is confirmed to be doing the announcing on the American PPV broadcast of the January 4th New Japan Dome show. JR is denying it, but it's almost certain to happen. Last rumor I saw on his broadcast partner was Mike Tenay.

Full disclosure, I wouldn't be very happy with either Phone Post 3.0
10/24/14 2:25 AM
5/5/14
Who would be your choice as announcers? Actually kinda curious to here what everyone thinks. Phone Post 3.0
Edited: 10/24/14 11:11 AM
11/5/06
For me it would be Joey
10/24/14 4:12 PM
1/1/01
Problem is that I don't know who I'd like to announce it, I just know that I don't want JR. Sounds weird and downright blasphemous, but I think he'll be terrible Phone Post 3.0
10/24/14 4:49 PM
11/11/11
i totally agree. hes got too many recent years of doing sensational wwf style commentating. not to mention his southern voice is going to be an awkward presentation of all the japanese wrestlers.
10/24/14 5:15 PM
11/5/06
My phone has omitted " in my post twice so not really sure why but Joey I think would do a good job and besides doing the international stars from ECW justice he also did good on the FMW/ECW joint show
10/24/14 5:42 PM
1/1/01
You can't use the word s t y l e on this forum for some reason. Hence my use of "AJ Stiles" everywhere Phone Post 3.0
10/24/14 7:46 PM
11/5/06
Thank you Grizz. Was not aware but atleast now I know it's not just me
10/25/14 12:21 AM
1/1/01
Super Jr Tag tournament starts tonight! Pulling for my boys reDRagon Phone Post 3.0
10/25/14 12:53 PM
1/1/01
My efforts to stay awake to watch the show live failed miserably, but luckily it's up online already. Here's the tournament matches

reDRagon vs Mascara Dorada & BUSHI

Ryusuke Taguchi & Fuego vs Taichi & El Desperado

The Young Bucks vs Jushin Thunder Liger & Tiger Mask IV

Time Splitters vs Forever Hooligans
10/25/14 12:53 PM
1/1/01
Here's the main event, and the full results:

Hiroshi Tanahahi, Katsuyori Shibata, & Hirooki Goto vs Kazuchika Okada, Shinsuke Nakanura, & Tomohiro Ishii

NJPW, 10/25/14 (Samurai! TV)
Tokyo Korakuen Hall
2,015 Fans – Super No Vacancy Full House

1. Minoru Suzuki, Takashi Iizuka & TAKA Michinoku beat Toru Yano, YOSHI-HASHI & Gedo (10:14) when Suzuki used a Sakuraba Lock on Gedo.
2. Togi Makabe, Tetsuya Naito, Tomoaki Honma, Captain New Japan & Kota Ibushi beat Karl Anderson, Doc Gallows, Bad Luck Fale, Yujiro Takahashi & Tama Tonga (13:12) when Ibushi used a Phoenix splash on Tonga.
3. Super Jr. Tag Tournament 2014 – Round 1: Bobby Fish & Kyle O'Reilly beat BUSHI & Mascara Dorada (10:21) when O'Reilly pinned Dorada after the Chasing The Dragon.
4. Super Jr. Tag Tournament 2014 – Round 1: Taichi & El Desperado beat Ryusuke Taguchi & Fuego (12:19) when Taichi used an avalanche- Black Mephisto on Fuego.
5. Super Jr. Tag Tournament 2014 – Round 1: Matt Jackson & Nick Jackson beat Jushin Thunder Liger & Tiger Mask (8:32) when Matt pinned Tiger after the More Bang For Your Buck.
6. Super Jr. Tag Tournament 2014 – Round 1: Rocky Romero & Alex Koslov beat KUSHIDA & Alex Shelley (15:43) when Romero pinned KUSHIDA after the Contract Killer.
7. Special 6 Man Tag Match: Hiroshi Tanahashi, Katsuyori Shibata & Hirooki Goto beat Kazuchika Okada, Shinsuke Nakamura & Tomohiro Ishii (20:52) when Goto used the Shouten Kai on Ishii.
10/25/14 12:54 PM
1/1/01
Results from the last two days of the Noah Global League. A nice couple of days for Chris Hero

NOAH "GLOBAL LEAGUE 2014", 23.10.2014
Kumamoto Circulation Information Hall
420 Fans

1. NO MERCY vs Growing Generations: Akitoshi Saito & Genba Hirayanagi beat Mitsuhiro Kitamiya & Hitoshi Kumano (11:48) Saito over Kumano with the Sickle of Death.
2. Japanese-Anglo Technician Combi vs. Crazy Dynasty: Yoshinari Ogawa & Zack Sabre Jr. beat Super Crazy & Pesadilla (10:35) Sabre over Pesadilla with a European Clutch.
3. 3 Way Match: Quiet Storm beat Atsushi Kotoge & Junji Tanaka (Kyushu Pro) (7:56) with a Lariat on Tanaka.
4. BRAVE vs. Cho Kibou-Gun: Takeshi Morishima, Maybach Taniguchi, Kenou & Hajime Ohara beat Naomichi Marufuji, Mohammed Yone, Katsuhiko Nakajima & Taiji Ishimori (12:45) Maybach over Ishimori with the Maybach Bomb.
5. NOAH vs. NJPW Special Singles Match: Satoshi Kojima beat Daisuke Harada (9:45) with a Lariat.
6. Global League - Block A: Colt Cabana [2] beat Shane Haste [2] (10:57) with the Chicago Skyline.
7. Global League - Block B: Chris Hero [2] beat Masato Tanaka [4] (13:22) with a Rolling Elbow Smash to the back of the head.
8. Global League - Block B: Takashi Sugiura [2] beat Mikey Nicholls [2] (13:54) with an Olympic Slam.

NOAH "GLOBAL LEAGUE 2014", 25.10.2014
Sasebo Sports Bunka Center
690 Fans - Super No Vacancy

1. Japanese-Anglo Technician Combi vs. Growing Generations: Yoshinari Ogawa & Zack Sabre Jr. beat Mitsuhiro Kitamiya (5:02) Ogawa over Kumano with a Backdrop.
2. 3 Way Match: Taiji Ishimori beat Quiet Storm vs. Junji Tanaka (Kyushu Pro) (4:02) with a 450 Splash on Tanaka.
3. BRAVE vs. Crazy Dynasty: Naomichi Marufuji & Atsushi Kotoge beat Super Crazy & Pesadilla (11:39) Marufuji over Pesadilla with the Shiranui.
4. NO MERCY vs. Cho Kibou-gun: Takeshi Morishima, Maybach Taniguchi, Kenou & Hajime Ohara beat Takashi Sugiura, Akitoshi Saito, Daisuke Harada & Genba Hirayanagi (10:15) Kenou over Hirayanagi with a Kick to the back of the head.
5. Global League - Block B: Chris Hero [4] beat Mikey Nicholls [2] (11:26) with a Rolling Elbow to the back of the head.
6. Global League - Block A: Satoshi Kojima [4] beat Colt Cabana [2] (10:14) with a Lariat.
7. Global League - Block B: Masato Tanaka [6] beat Mohammed Yone [0] (12:34) with the Sliding D.
8. Global League - Block A: Katsuhiko Nakajima [4] beat Shane Haste [2] (13:36) with the Diamond Bomb.

Global League Standings:

Block A:
1. Katsuhiko Nakajima [4]
-. Satoshi Kojima [4]
-. Daisuke Sekimoto [4]
4. Shane Haste [2]
-. Colt Cabana [2]
6. Naomichi Marufuji [0]
-. Akitoshi Saito [0]

Block B:
1. Masato Tanaka [6]
2. Chris Hero [4]
3. Takashi Sugiura [2]
-. Mikey Nicholls [2]
-. Yuji Nagata [2]
6. Mohammed Yone [0]
-. Quiet Storm
10/25/14 2:15 PM
5/5/14
Yea i was gonna try to wake up early to watch it seeing as o gas to work the morning shift buy that definitely didn't happen. I'll be catching up when i get home from work. Phone Post 3.0
10/25/14 8:12 PM
1/1/01
Fish & O'Reilly are going to the finals at least. Cmon reDRagon! Phone Post 3.0