Art Vandelay's Pro Wrestling Ground Official Puroresu Thread 2: Electric Boogaloo

11/2/14 11:35 PM
12/22/10
The young bucks vs reDRagon should be another great match between them I love when they face each other Phone Post 3.0
11/3/14 12:52 AM
1/1/01
"Gate of Destiny 2014" is up now too. The Twin Gate match was fantastic, as was the main event, so get watching

1. Yosuke?Santa Maria, "Mr. High Tension" Kotoka, Yuga Hayashi vs. Don Fujii, Super Shisa, "Hollywood" Stalker Ichikawa

2. Jimmy Kagetora, Mr. Quu Quu Tanizaki Naoki Toyonaka Dolphin vs. Mondai Ryu, Punch Tominaga

3. Open the Brave Gate Championship Match: Flamita vs. Jimmy Kanda

4. Masaaki Mochizuki, Dragon Kid, Big R Shimizu vs. Masato Yoshino, Shingo Takagi, Shachihoko BOY

5. Open the Triangle Gate Championship Match: Ryo "Jimmy" Saito, Jimmy Susumu, Genki Horiguchi H.A.Gee.Mee!! vs. YAMATO, Naruki Doi, Cyber Kong

6. Open the Twin Gate Championship Match: T-Hawk, Eita vs. CIMA, Gamma

7. Open the Dream Gate Championship Match: BxB Hulk vs. Akira Tozawa
11/3/14 1:47 AM
12/22/10
Grizz when u get the chance could you suggest some Akira Tozawa matches for me to watch

I recently started watching pwg from the beginning and I've got to the point where Akira Tozawa is there and I instantly became a fan his matches with hero were amazing Phone Post 3.0
11/3/14 3:07 AM
1/1/01
Start with the match vs Hulk from last night, Tozawa was fantastic in it.

I can look up specific match dates for some others tomorrow when I've had some sleep, but he was on fire when he came back from PWG in 2011-2012. He had a great match with Shingo at the Kobe World show in 2012, and had a bunch of great tags with Hulk over the past few years. There was a great one against Doi and Ricochet that I'll try and find for you too Phone Post 3.0
11/3/14 3:19 AM
1/1/01
Oh, and his Dream Gate title match with Mochizuki was awesome too. Mochy gets the best out of everyone and Tozawa was amazing that night Phone Post 3.0
11/3/14 8:36 AM
3/4/06
This thread is glorious. Phone Post 3.0
11/3/14 8:37 AM
3/4/06
I believe the finals of the NJPW Jr. Tag Tournament are going on right now. ReDRagon (my current favorite tag team) vs. the Young Bucks. CAN NOT WAIT to see their fourth match together. Phone Post 3.0
11/3/14 8:40 AM
3/4/06
Tom Lawlor - Fish & O'Reilly are going to the finals at least. Cmon reDRagon! Phone Post 3.0
Will you be in town for Final Battle in NYC? Phone Post 3.0
11/3/14 9:10 AM
3/4/06
Part of me wants to know the results from ReDRagon vs. Bucks , and part of me wants to wait until it's posted. IM SO CONFLICTED. Phone Post 3.0
11/3/14 10:14 AM
3/4/06
grizz632 - My efforts to stay awake to watch the show live failed miserably, but luckily it's up online already. Here's the tournament matches

reDRagon vs Mascara Dorada & BUSHI

Ryusuke Taguchi & Fuego vs Taichi & El Desperado

The Young Bucks vs Jushin Thunder Liger & Tiger Mask IV

Time Splitters vs Forever Hooligans
Just watched all of these while doing cardio. Can't thank you enough. Phone Post 3.0
11/3/14 11:18 AM
1/1/01
No problem man, glad you're enjoying it.

The NJPW show is over but I'll try and keep the thread spoiler free until the match is posted. It was a live show on SamuraiTV, so it should be up sometime today. I'm kind of annoyed that NJPW scheduled the final for a Monday. My IPTV device gives me SamuraiTV live, so I could have watched it if it were on Saturday or Sunday.

While you're waiting for the show to pop up, watch the Dragon Gate show from Sunday, I think you'll dig it Phone Post 3.0
11/3/14 7:24 PM
3/4/06
grizz632 - No problem man, glad you're enjoying it.

The NJPW show is over but I'll try and keep the thread spoiler free until the match is posted. It was a live show on SamuraiTV, so it should be up sometime today. I'm kind of annoyed that NJPW scheduled the final for a Monday. My IPTV device gives me SamuraiTV live, so I could have watched it if it were on Saturday or Sunday.

While you're waiting for the show to pop up, watch the Dragon Gate show from Sunday, I think you'll dig it Phone Post 3.0
I'm gonna start watching Dragon Gate as we speak, thanks man! Phone Post 3.0
11/3/14 11:48 PM
1/1/01
Ok Obey, I'm having a tough time finding some of the older matches I was looking for of Tozawa's, namely his Dream Gate title shots against Mochizuki and CIMA, and his match against Shingo from World 2011. Here are a few of his better matches from the last year or two though.

Mad Blankey (Akira Tozawa & BxB Hulk) vs World-1 International (Naruki Doi & Ricochet)

Monster Express (Shingo Takagi & Akira Tozawa) vs The Millenials (T-Hawk & Eita)

Monster Express (Shingo Takagi & Akira Tozawa) vs Team Veteran Returns (Masaaki Mochizuki & Don Fujii)

Another match I highly recommend is his King of Gate match against T-Hawk earlier this year. I couldn't find that either, but I found the next best thing, a highlight video of the match set to Def Leppard!

And here's a highlight video of the Dream Gate match against Mocchi

11/3/14 11:57 PM
12/22/10
VTFU thanks grizz

I watch the one you posted and the video package they showed about the history between the 2 was great and the match was awesome Phone Post 3.0
11/3/14 11:58 PM
1/1/01
One other thing I wanted to get out there about Tozawa. I've been watching wrestling longer than I can remember, and had a lot of favorite wrestlers over the years. I can honestly say though, that I've never had an emotional connection to a wrestler the way I do with Tozawa. I've watched him from his very first appearance as a rookie getting pushed around by Don Fujii, to starting one of my favorite stables of all time in Tozawa-juku, to the "Metabolic Brothers" era, to him finally earning the respect of the office and breaking out as a legit star. The emotion he shows, the love he has for wrestling, you can't help but root for the guy at every turn. It really feels like I'm watching my little brother at this point, and most Dragon Gate fans feel the same way. Watch that video package at the start of the match against Hulk from Sunday. You don't need to speak a word of Japanese to tell what that the match meant to him, and listen to the crowd during the match. Hulk had his supporters, but by the end Tozawa had everyone behind him. And the post match emotion he showed made the match seem that much more special. You could see he had the charisma even back when he was a rookie, it just felt like it was never going to happen for him. Now that he's become one of Dragon Gate's top stars, it really puts a smile on my face and I couldn't be happier for the guy. I'm a Tozawa fan for life
11/4/14 12:00 AM
3/4/06
UGCTT_OBEY - VTFU thanks grizz

I watch the one you posted and the video package they showed about the history between the 2 was great and the match was awesome Phone Post 3.0
Which video showed the history package?? Phone Post 3.0
11/4/14 12:07 AM
1/1/01
nyhcloyalty - 
UGCTT_OBEY - VTFU thanks grizz

Which video showed the history package?? Phone Post 3.0

The "BxB Hulk vs Akira Tozawa" video from my post with all the matches from Sunday, second post on the page.

That video package was fantastic. It got a bit dusty in my living room when I watched it
11/4/14 12:23 AM
1/1/01
A little bit of background on Tozawa and Hulk. They both joined the Dragon Gate dojo on the same day back in 2004. Hulk became the 2nd graduate of the Dragon Gate dojo and made his debut in 2005 as the protege of Magnum Tokyo and immediately joined a unit and got a push. Tozawa became the 3rd graduate of the dojo and debuted a few months later, taking more of the traditional trainee route. Plain black shorts, working ring crew, opening matches, etc. The two of them took very different routes to the top of Dragon Gate, but they both got there and have been friends since the start.
11/4/14 12:35 AM
3/4/06
grizz632 - A little bit of background on Tozawa and Hulk. They both joined the Dragon Gate dojo on the same day back in 2004. Hulk became the 2nd graduate of the Dragon Gate dojo and made his debut in 2005 as the protege of Magnum Tokyo and immediately joined a unit and got a push. Tozawa became the 3rd graduate of the dojo and debuted a few months later, taking more of the traditional trainee route. Plain black shorts, working ring crew, opening matches, etc. The two of them took very different routes to the top of Dragon Gate, but they both got there and have been friends since the start.
Thank you for the back story, watching it now!

P.S. Just found I'm able to use my XB1 browser to visit the UG and can watch daily motion on by big screen. THIS IS LIKE CHRISTMAS! Phone Post 3.0
11/4/14 12:52 AM
1/1/01
Sure thing. There was one video I didn't post from the show on Sunday. When Dragon Gate does big shows like this, they like to show an older match during intermission featuring the wrestlers in the main event. They went way back in the archives for this one and showed a tag match from 2005, Tozawa and Hulk's rookie year. Really highlights the difference between them back then, Tozawa the nondescript entrance and ring gear and Hulk with the theatrical entrance surrounded by hot dancers the way Magnum Tokyo used to be. Also shows just how far Tozawa has come since then

11/4/14 1:01 AM
3/4/06
I'm really enjoying the match so far. The story behind it was incredibly easy to follow, you're right.

First time experiencing a new promotion, it's nice to have so much good wrestling to catch up on. Phone Post 3.0
11/4/14 8:14 AM
3/4/06
Were you able to find any video of the IWGP finals? I'm following a few of the guys you mentioned in dailymotion and I can't seem to find anything yet. Phone Post 3.0
11/4/14 9:05 AM
1/1/01
No, nothing yet unfortunately Phone Post 3.0
11/4/14 9:10 AM
3/4/06
The good news is in the interim I'm watching a shit ton of Dragon Gate lol.

Also pretty pumped I'll be going to ROH Final Battle, sitting second row on December 7th... Tickets just came. Wonder what they'll be headlining the event with?

My guess is Jay Briscoe vs. Adam Cole. Phone Post 3.0
11/4/14 11:07 AM
1/1/01
I haven't been following the storylines in ROH too much lately, so I don't know if there's an obvious candidate for the spot, but I expect the ROH title to be defended at the NJPW Dome Show so I don't see Jay keeping it. Cole would be a good choice I guess, though I was tiring of him as champ at the end of his run. Honestly, I'd like to see AJ S t y l e s get the title Phone Post 3.0