Art Vandelay's Pro Wrestling Ground Official Steve Austin Show thread

12/3/13 5:48 PM
2/14/09
RoyMunson - Listening to the Daniel Bryan one, and its pretty good. In the interview Steve mentions that he lost the Steven Regal interview because he had a maxed out memory card and that he would do another one with him.
Where's this interview? Can't find it on iTunes. Phone Post 3.0
12/3/13 6:35 PM
10/11/12
JJSFC - 
RoyMunson - Listening to the Daniel Bryan one, and its pretty good. In the interview Steve mentions that he lost the Steven Regal interview because he had a maxed out memory card and that he would do another one with him.
Where's this interview? Can't find it on iTunes. Phone Post 3.0

http://www.podcastone.com/pg/jsp/program/episode.jsp?programID=542&pid=361086
12/5/13 2:35 AM
7/13/09

Chris Jericho podcast with Steve Austin on it came out today. Some of the same stories but some new.

12/5/13 2:40 AM
12/20/09
Does Daniel Bryan talk a lot about hbk, didn't Michaels train him? Phone Post
12/5/13 2:43 AM
7/13/09

It was cool hearing that  the Nasty Boys got hired by WWE because of this match. I remember ordering it when I was a kid and going Holy Shit! at the 4:25 mark. Never really liked the Nasty Boys but always remembered this one.

12/5/13 2:44 AM
7/13/09
JustPeed - 
Does Daniel Bryan talk a lot about hbk, didn't Michaels train him? Phone Post

yeah a bit, its a good interview, Regal was more a mentor to him though apparently.

12/11/13 11:00 AM
11/2/04
Yeah DBry said HBK was hands on to a fault where he could barely move the day after showing a bump Phone Post 3.0
12/14/13 12:16 PM
12/10/08
Kevin Steen was on this weeks unleashed edition and it was another good interview. Phone Post 3.0
12/16/13 1:09 AM
10/11/12
arnanderson - I like the Meltzer and Keller ones, mainly because they shit on the modern "sports entertainment" style/production of pro wrestling.

Keller made a great point about WWE using the term sports entertainment/entertainer on the air and even during matches.

Michael Cole: "Cena really is sports entertaining the hell out of CM Punk right now, JBL!"

JBL: "You're right, Michael. He's got him in a brutal sports entertainment hold right now, he might tap out!"

It's the equivalent if you turned on Law and Order, and the characters talked like:

"Have we got a suspect yet, Actor Portraying a Police Officer?"

"No, but we're getting a lot of good leads, Thespian Performing as a District Attorney."

Vu Arn. I'm still mad you broke Dustys arm though.
12/16/13 4:10 AM
7/13/09
I like how he is constantly trying not to completely shit on modern WWE booking but you can tell he totally wants to shit on modern WWE booking. He always starts off with saying how he loves what the modern guys are doing. .. buuuuut.. then goes into how its not the same. Phone Post 3.0
12/16/13 2:03 PM
10/11/12
JJitsu - I like how he is constantly trying not to completely shit on modern WWE booking but you can tell he totally wants to shit on modern WWE booking. He always starts off with saying how he loves what the modern guys are doing. .. buuuuut.. then goes into how its not the same. Phone Post 3.0

I wish he would just say the product is the drizzlin shits. He probably doesn't want to bury the workers or risk getting easy money on company appearances.
12/18/13 12:04 AM
1/1/01
The way the Steen interview came about is really cool.

Steen sounded much better than he did on Cabana's podcast.

I couldn't figure out if the Generico/Zayn stuff went over Austin's head or he was just playing along.
12/19/13 11:28 AM
8/22/12
Jim Cornette two parter! Phone Post 3.0
12/20/13 1:58 AM
12/20/09
FCFBlazer - Yeah DBry said HBK was hands on to a fault where he could barely move the day after showing a bump Phone Post 3.0
Is hbk's school talked about a lot? Phone Post 3.0
12/20/13 1:59 AM
12/20/09
imkeithhernandez - Jim Cornette two parter! Phone Post 3.0
Would like to hear his take in the mid 90s scene Phone Post 3.0
12/21/13 1:55 AM
10/11/12
Cornette is a genius and a simpleton at the same time. I love it! Pandemonium !
12/24/13 8:02 AM
8/14/12
I always thought austin was the man the more I listen to his podcast I believe more & like the post above said he would be awesome on the joe rogan podcast
12/27/13 12:44 PM
7/13/09
Cornette is awesome, gotta check out his podcast Phone Post 3.0
12/27/13 3:30 PM
10/11/12
JJitsu - Cornette is awesome, gotta check out his podcast Phone Post 3.0

The Dennis Condry, Phil Hickerson story was crazy.

Cornette: The thing is you had to do that shit, you where on the road ever day all time in those days..

Austin: Yea I know,It gets rough on the road and you get stressed out, but shoving your dick down another mans mouth, as a rib goes, that's kinda pushing the limits.
1/8/14 11:45 AM
4/11/12
Finally got round to listening to Cornette part 2, almost crashed by car from laughing at the Condry rib, jesus, that tops any of the Xpac turd pranks
1/8/14 6:02 PM
7/13/09
Re listening to the Ric Flair one right now. Cornette Xpac and Flair are my favorite ones and of course Terry motherfunkin Funk.
the new Jericho one with Brett Hart and Edge plus the Colt Cabbana one with Bruno Sammartino are worth checking out as well. Phone Post 3.0
1/14/14 1:38 PM
10/11/12
I loved the Piper one. I like the fact that he is willing to talk about the darkside of the business. It's not all roses and sugarplums.
1/15/14 5:52 AM
11/17/11
RoyMunson - I loved the Piper one. I like the fact that he is willing to talk about the darkside of the business. It's not all roses and sugarplums.
It started out kinda nonsensical and all over the place but it got great after that Phone Post 3.0
1/17/14 11:23 AM
7/13/09

FRAT:

Piper is the reason I liked wrestling as a kid so It was really awesome hearing him talk about the L.A. territory for me. I've always been interested in the history of L.A. rasslin, I've read about huge shows for the world title that were in L.A. in the early 1900's. Then Ed Strangler Lewis retired to Glendale and Gorgeous George opened a bar on Van Nuys Blvd before he died. So it got me on a whole history of wrestling kick Ive been on for a year or two. My dad and Uncle would talk about going to the Olympic Auditorium and how all the mexicans would throw pennies at the wrestlers from the upper levels; and how they jumped Judo Gene Lebelle one night, his mom and later brother promoted the territory. Then they would mention names like his and Classy Freddie Blassie...Lord Bleers so I tried looking it up but there's not much footage around of it. But it is where guys like Superstar Billy Graham, Rikidozan, Mil Mascaras, Gorgeous George became big names in america. In the 70's the Guerreros were big there and it moved from chanel 5 to the Spanish station and became a wierd hybrid show with spanish announcers and English Interviews, Wrestling From The Olympic aired across the country on spanish stations even in NYC. 

The title was called the WWA title and split around the same time WWWF and AWA did in the 60's. It was a major world title used a lot in Australia and Japan.  When they went back to the NWA  Dick the Bruiser  took the title to Indianapolis and ran a midwest version of WWA that ran through the early 90's. Sting and Hogan and some other old WCW guys then did some tours around Australia around 2001-2002 trying to revive it.  The Luchadores ran a WWA promotion in Tijuana and So Cal that claimed the lineage till 05 and another company out of South Korea claimed the lineage till 2010.

The WWA - the last world title Vince doesnt own the footage of.

anyway heres some old  Roddy Piper being  AWESOME, its bad quality but he's really young and probably the best heel ref act I've ever seen.

promo from San Fran

1/17/14 12:24 PM
10/11/12
JJitsu - 

FRAT:

Piper is the reason I liked wrestling as a kid so It was really awesome hearing him talk about the L.A. territory for me. I've always been interested in the history of L.A. rasslin, I've read about huge shows for the world title that were in L.A. in the early 1900's. Then Ed Strangler Lewis retired to Glendale and Gorgeous George opened a bar on Van Nuys Blvd before he died. So it got me on a whole history of wrestling kick Ive been on for a year or two. My dad and Uncle would talk about going to the Olympic Auditorium and how all the mexicans would throw pennies at the wrestlers from the upper levels; and how they jumped Judo Gene Lebelle one night, his mom and later brother promoted the territory. Then they would mention names like his and Classy Freddie Blassie...Lord Bleers so I tried looking it up but there's not much footage around of it. But it is where guys like Superstar Billy Graham, Rikidozan, Mil Mascaras, Gorgeous George became big names in america. In the 70's the Guerreros were big there and it moved from chanel 5 to the Spanish station and became a wierd hybrid show with spanish announcers and English Interviews, Wrestling From The Olympic aired across the country on spanish stations even in NYC. 

The title was called the WWA title and split around the same time WWWF and AWA did in the 60's. It was a major world title used a lot in Australia and Japan.  When they went back to the NWA  Dick the Bruiser  took the title to Indianapolis and ran a midwest version of WWA that ran through the early 90's. Sting and Hogan and some other old WCW guys then did some tours around Australia around 2001-2002 trying to revive it.  The Luchadores ran a WWA promotion in Tijuana and So Cal that claimed the lineage till 05 and another company out of South Korea claimed the lineage till 2010.

The WWA - the last world title Vince doesnt own the footage of.

anyway heres some old  Roddy Piper being  AWESOME, its bad quality but he's really young and probably the best heel ref act I've ever seen.

promo from San Fran

VU! Thanks for posting that old Piper promo. Piper is my all time favorite.