Art Vandelay's Pro Wrestling Ground PWE WRESTLING RETURNS!!! RESULTS INSIDE!!!

Edited: 8 days ago
12/1/05

PWE REUNION SHOW

By: Wrestling Observer Staff Writer

Well this event is certainly a surprise. It was unannounced, unscheduled, and unexpected. The return show opened up to an empty arena. The commentators claimed that the low attendance was due to COVID, but longtime fans know that the arena was always empty. Also, it’s not an arena and it appears to be taking place in a den (possibly basement) of an older home based on the shag carpet and wood paneling. 

The show opens up with pyro and loud music (sparklers and a JVC boom box). 

WIGGY is first out. The crowd is happy to see him. Wiggy cuts a promo talking about his history in PWE. He goes over his accomplishments (former TV Champion, former Intergender Champion, and former Tag Champion). Wiggy states that he has unfinished business with his former tag partner and former co-TV Champion SOFA KING COOL. 

Sofa King Cool enters the ring to loud cheers. He grabs the microphone and cuts a cheesy face promo putting over the town. Sofa King Cool says that he wants to reclaim their tag team glory and extends his hand. Wiggy looks around to the excited crowd and says “Do you guys want to see the reformation of Sofa King Wiggy?!?”

The crowd goes crazy. Wiggy then shocks the crowd by saying, “Well, unfortunately, I already have a new tag team partner. Let me introduce you to THE BEAR STARE!”

At this point a fucking bear enters the ring. An actual bear. The bear immediately disembowels Sofa King. The crowd boos at Wiggy’s heel turn. They also boo because they just saw a man die. This segment goes on for probably 12 minutes. Most of the time it was just the bear eating Sofa King while everyone watched uncomfortably. Wiggy took the microphone and claimed that he would reclaim the PWE TV Championship at the next PPV. He  laid out an open challenge. 

Overall this segment could have been a few minutes shorter, but the Wiggy heel turn was a legitimate surprise and the shoot murder of a former PWE champion was something different. The Bear is going to be a great heater for Wiggy and Wiggy will be a great mouthpiece for the bear. I’m interested to see where this goes. *** 1/2

This program is brought to you by Karate Fighters from Milton Bradley. 

After the break we have our first match of the night.

SHAN THE MAN vs SICILIANO di BROOKLYN 

This was a fun match. A lot of back and forth action early. Brooklyn was a great heel. SdB was in charge the entire match with power moves. Shan the Man wins with an unexpected inside cradle in just under 4 minutes. SdB assaulted the referee after the match. ***

After this match the announcer stood up and said “I’VE RECEIVED A FAX FROM THE ANONYMOUS GENERAL MANAGER!” He then stood awkwardly while the dot matrix printer jammed up repeatedly. We go to break. 

Back from break and it is announced that the winners of the next four matches will compete in a FATAL FOUR WAY for the PWE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP next week. Very exciting stuff. 

FILTHY TOM LAWLOR vs FESTUS (Championship QualifIer)

This was a stiff match. A lot of hard hitting action. Lawlor was the better shoot wrestler but Festus kept hitting power moves. Lawlor kept locking on submission holds but was unable to secure the tap. About 7 minutes in Festus landed a powerful spear but got caught in a tight guollotine choke in the process. Festus went to sleep and Lawlor was declared the winner. ****

BARRY_BONDSMVP vs ORANOS (Championship Qualifier)

This was a fast paced match. Barry has not aged well since he last competed 10 years ago. He wrestles in a T-shirt now and he kept sitting down to rest during the match. But the crowd still loves him. The two fight outside the ring and during a scramble Barry manages to tie Oranos’s shoestrings around the announce table. Clever veteran move. Barry slides back in the ring and ORANOS gets counted out. *

This program is brought to you by 1-800-CALL-ATT for all of your collect calling needs. 

WALTJ vs THE DESTROYER88 (Championship Qualifier)

This match started off hot. A lot of strikes. Destroyer had an early advantage. Fast paced match. About 4 minutes in a MASKED WRESTLER enters the ring and attacks WaltJ. The ref calls for the bell due to the interference and announced WaltJ as the winner. Destroyer is pissed and storms out of the ring. The masked wrestler keeps attacking WaltJ until he is a bloody mess. The masked wrestler pulls off his mask and it’s revealed to be MANDIBLE CLAW! Oh shit. Mandible Claw locks on his finishing move, the iron claw, as we go to break. **1/2

After this match we go backstage and WIGGY has been laid out unconscious in the dressing room. BEAR STARE is roaring with anger. The bear is ripping the dressing room apart. A MYSTERY COMPETITOR has apparently attacked WIGGY backstage. The commentators speculate whether or not the mystery opponent will be revealed next week. Main Event is up next. 

KOMA vs GINO CARANO (Championship Qualifier)

The crowd was going crazy for Koma. Koma cuts a short promo before the match and goes over his accomplishments. Koma explains that he is a former world champion and he never lost his belt. Gino enters and the crowd boos like crazy. They hate this guy. The match started slowly but quickly picked up speed. Koma hasn’t missed a step. They wrestle around for a few minutes. Gino keeps trying to put his finger in Koma’s butt. He calls that move the “Ricochet Special”. After multiple warnings the referee disqualifies Gino. Koma qualifies for the championship match next week. ***

After the match KOMA celebrates in the ring. BARRY BONDS enters and stares him down. TOM LAWLOR enters and the three stare each other down. Finally, WALTJ comes out (still covered in blood). The commentators speculate whether or not WALTJ will be cleared to compete next week. 

The four men stare at each other. The commentators put over next weeks FATAL FOUR WAY CHAMPIONSHIP MAIN EVENT as the show goes off the air. 

Edited: 8 days ago
12/1/05

If you’re interested in competing in the next event post below. Feel free to cut promos, brother. 

8 days ago
1/1/01

MUWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Everyone thought I was here to give you what you want...but HAHAHAHHA!!  I'm here for what *I* want...and that rube SFC...I'm glad he's gone.  ALLLLL I ever needed him for was to further my own goals.  Legit LMAO @ him...and ALL OF YOU for thinking I wanted to tag with that clown again.  I made him feel all warm & cozy inside and when the time was right, I STRUCK!

IT WAS ME, SOFA KING COOL!  IT WAS ME ALL ALONG!!

8 days ago
11/11/11

ROOOOOOOOOOAAAAR. I WILL HONOR MY URSA ANCESTORS AND ALL MY FOREST BROTHERS

8 days ago
12/1/05
TheBearStare -

Murderer. 

8 days ago
1/1/01
Charles Barkley - 
TheBearStare -

Murderer. 

HA! You and all these ingrateful, sycophant morons that call themselves fan treated the Bear the same way you treated me all these years - like I was some sort of fool...some sort of puppet...as if he was just supposed to come out here and do tricks and play nice and take photos and golly-gosh-gee-shucks, say swell things.

When I opened the Bear's mind...showed him the "Wiggy-Way", he realized ALL OF YOU *points to crowd, looks at CB with disgust* for lousy excuse of meatsuits you are.

Sofa King Cool was just the beginning. I mean, I *didn't* hate the guy, but hey - he was in the way and a message had to be sent.

You thought Wiggy could be dangerous but hahahahahaha...wait until the Bear gets ahold of you.

7 days ago
1/13/10

LMAO, that was great. I wrestle with a shirt on and need to sit down for breaks. 

6 days ago
11/2/11

These where the days

6 days ago
1/1/01

I want to improve my 0-2 PWE record against a jobber. But maybe im the jobber???

6 days ago
1/8/04

I was dominating that shit. Then I got distracted by the chicks flashing me in the crowd before Shan got the inside cradle. And I will always be a HEEL! Haha

6 days ago
1/8/04
dangerboy12 - 

I want to improve my 0-2 PWE record against a jobber. But maybe im the jobber???

Hey big homey, I got a losing record too and now I'm calling you out! The Iron Sheik did it for Iran...Nikolai Volkoff did it for Russia...Well I'm bringing the PRIDE back to Sicily! After I hit you with the Arancini Bomb, you will be counted down for the Uno...Due...Tre!

6 days ago
1/1/01

Lawlor and that Bonds cheater guy will cancel each other out. That'll leave me and Walt J; whoever the fuck that is.
6 days ago
1/1/01
Siciliano -
dangerboy12 - 

Hey big homey, I got a losing record too and now I'm calling you out! The Iron Sheik did it for Iran...Nikolai Volkoff did it for Russia...Well I'm bringing the PRIDE back to Sicily! After I hit you with the Arancini Bomb, you will be counted down for the Uno...Due...Tre!

Sounds good, but under one stipulation.

It's an old school standard rules match! No closed fists. No choke holds. No throwing over the top rope. Straight up pro wrestling. No bs!

Every match i lost is beause of some bs. It's time for one of us rule followers to have our day!

Edited: 6 days ago
12/1/05
dangerboy12 -
Siciliano -
dangerboy12 - 

It's an old school standard rules match! No closed fists. No choke holds. No throwing over the top rope. Straight up pro wrestling. No bs!

Every match i lost is beause of some bs. It's time for one of us rule followers to have our day!

It’s on.

SDB vs Danger Boy in an EXTRA RULES Match. 

6 days ago
1/1/01

lol @ my first heel promo in YEARS getting voted down. Buncha mizzarks 'round here.

And you fans wonder why Wiggy doesn't care about you, anymore...

5 days ago
1/8/04
Charles Barkley - 
dangerboy12 -
Siciliano -
dangerboy12 - 

It’s on.

A Ladder Match in a Hell in a Cell! Whats on the ladder? The new belt I'm presenting...THE Mediterranean Heavyweight Championship of the World! I can hear all the fans chanting my name SDB! SDB! SDB! Since Charles is the promoter he has to decide where exactly this inaugural is going to take place.

5 days ago
1/8/04
Wiggy - 

lol @ my first heel promo in YEARS getting voted down. Buncha mizzarks 'round here.

Wiggy you should start a faction. You can be the mouthpiece. I'll be your enforcer. Then we just need to find a technical worker.

5 days ago
1/13/10
Koma -

Lawlor and that Bonds cheater guy will cancel each other out. That'll leave me and Walt J; whoever the fuck that is.

Oh you’re gonna end up In a coma after Barry Bonds gets his hands on you 

5 days ago
12/1/05
Siciliano -
Wiggy - 

Wiggy you should start a faction. You can be the mouthpiece. I'll be your enforcer. Then we just need to find a technical worker.

He already has a shoot bear as an enforcer lol

5 days ago
1/1/01
Siciliano -
Charles Barkley - 
dangerboy12 -
Siciliano -
dangerboy12 - 

It’s on.

A Ladder Match in a Hell in a Cell! Whats on the ladder? The new belt I'm presenting...THE Mediterranean Heavyweight Championship of the World! I can hear all the fans chanting my name SDB! SDB! SDB! Since Charles is the promoter he has to decide where exactly this inaugural is going to take place.

I will not accept unless it's standard 1960's rules. No cage. No tables. No ladders. No closed fists. No choke holds. No tossing over the top rope. Strict out of the ring 10 count. Just pure pro wrestling.

5 days ago
1/8/04
Charles Barkley - 
Siciliano -
Wiggy - 

He already has a shoot bear as an enforcer lol

Well I can't chain wrestle for shit!

5 days ago
1/8/04
dangerboy12 - 
Siciliano -
Charles Barkley - 
dangerboy12 -
Siciliano -
dangerboy12 - 

It’s on.

I will not accept unless it's standard 1960's rules. No cage. No tables. No ladders. No closed fists. No choke holds. No tossing over the top rope. Strict out of the ring 10 count. Just pure pro wrestling.

I can't do that...I wrestle like Mike Awesome!

5 days ago
12/1/05
Siciliano -
dangerboy12 - 
Siciliano -
Charles Barkley - 
dangerboy12 -
Siciliano -
dangerboy12 - 

It’s on.

Alright, in your one-on-one match Siciliano will be wrestling under hardcore rules and Danger Boy will be wrestling under catch-as-catch-can rules. 

It’s booked. 

5 days ago
1/1/01
Charles Barkley - 
Siciliano -
dangerboy12 - 
Siciliano -
Charles Barkley - 
dangerboy12 -
Siciliano -
dangerboy12 - 

It’s on.

Alright, in your one-on-one match Siciliano will be wrestling under hardcore rules and Danger Boy will be wrestling under catch-as-catch-can rules. 

It’s booked. 

Shit!
5 days ago
1/8/04
dangerboy12 - 
Charles Barkley - 
Siciliano -
dangerboy12 - 
Siciliano -
Charles Barkley - 
dangerboy12 -
Siciliano -
dangerboy12 - 

It’s on.

It’s booked. 

Shit!

It's OFFICIAL! The PWE will be inducting the first ever Mediterranean Heavyweight Championship of the World!