UnderGround Forums Poirier wants to fight Colby in the gym at ATT

Edited: 7 days ago
8/20/19

Gym smoker, anyone?

7 days ago
10/17/18

Colby is an idiot.  He’s burning too many bridges with his main training partners.  Piss off everyone else but not the ones in your circle.  I won’t be surprised if Hector Lombard or Romero will want a piece soon.  He’s gonna have to change gyms soon.  

7 days ago
8/20/19
Gohan blanco -

Colby is an idiot.  He’s burning too many bridges with his main training partners.  Piss off everyone else but not the ones in your circle.  I won’t be surprised if Hector Lombard or Romero will want a piece soon.  He’s gonna have to change gyms soon.  

How much longer before he alienates the Trumps?

7 days ago
7/16/13
Gohan blanco -

And his narrative will be that they betrayed him and ran him out of 'his gym'. The lines about Jorge are fair play imo. Jorge is 2-2 in his last four, but he's also currently on top of the world. But the stuff about Dustin crying is scummy. Kicking a man while he's down after failing to realize his life's dream is a shitty way to be. Especially when you're allegedly teammates

7 days ago
5/11/10

Idiot. 

7 days ago
5/30/10

Did Dustin's TDD suddenly improve? Would love to see Dustin shut Colby down

7 days ago
12/7/18

Lol let's be real. Colby would maul Poirier 100000x worse then Khabib did

7 days ago
8/20/19
ConorWinsTheRematch -

Lol let's be real. Colby would maul Poirier 100000x worse then Khabib did

Junkie's reporting it.

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2019/09/ufc-dustin-poirier-warns-colby-covington

The next time Dustin Poirier sees Colby Covington at the gym, it could get ugly.

Covington picked Khabib Nurmagomedov to defeat his American Top Team teammate at UFC 242, which naturally didn’t sit well with Poirier. Moreover, when asked at the post-fight news conference if he’d fight Jorge Masvidal, Poirier took a shot at Covington  by responding by responding that he wouldn’t be a sellout like “Chaos.”

Speaking Monday on “Ariel Helwani’s MMA Show,” Covington continued to take jabs at Poirier, mocking him for his emotional post-fight reaction following his loss to Nurmagomedov.

“I thought they were very distasteful,” Covington said of Poirier’s comments. “I’m not a sellout. I bought in, and he tapped out, and that’s what happened.”

Dustin Poirier not interested in fighting teammates: 'I don't sell out like (expletive) Colby Covington'

“I had to give the people America’s pick of the week,” Covington added. “I had to give my honest opinion. I thought this was land of the free and home of the brave. Land of opportunity, freedom of speech. Sorry I can’t have an opinion. We don’t have the same opinion, and I just obviously knew Khabib was the better fighter.”

Poirier took to Instagram to respond to Covington, warning him about the next time they cross paths at the gym.

7 days ago
12/6/11

Colby is being an ass to his teammates and is definitely burning some bridges.  There is no need to say things like that to build your reputation and fan base.  But if Dustin decides to fight him, Colby will definitely spank him.  

8/20/19
HoldingTuasBalls -

Colby is being an ass to his teammates and is definitely burning some bridges.  There is no need to say things like that to build your reputation and fan base.  But if Dustin decides to fight him, Colby will definitely spank him.  

The problem is that Colby is very, very close with Dan Lambert. Dan does not get involved when these things occur.
Most other teams would not put up with internal brand-bashing.

7 days ago
11/8/08

So Dustin wants to fight because Colby picked against him? Or is he upset because of things said between Colby Jorge which doesnt even involve him? I know most of you guys dont like Colby, but Dustin is the one who's out of line here and coming off like an over emotional woman. What's next? Is he going to start threatening fans on the internet who make comments about him? On top all that he's upset over a schtick. Its just a character Colby plays as a gimmick, but some of these guys get so worked up like Mark's at a pro wrestling show.

It's not like they were friends who had a falling out. Just because you train at the same gym doesnt make you brothers or besties. 

7 days ago
11/8/08
WhoreHayMasvidal -
HoldingTuasBalls -

The problem is that Colby is very, very close with Dan Lambert. Dan does not get involved when these things occur.

This kind of thing goes on at more gyms than you would think. It's just not put on public display like this. Jon Jones and Rashaad Evans is a perfect example.

7 days ago
5/8/13
JoeHurley -

So Dustin wants to fight because Colby picked against him? Or is he upset because of things said between Colby Jorge which doesnt even involve him? I know most of you guys dont like Colby, but Dustin is the one who's out of line here and coming off like an over emotional woman. What's next? Is he going to start threatening fans on the internet who make comments about him? On top all that he's upset over a schtick. Its just a character Colby plays as a gimmick, but some of these guys get so worked up like Mark's at a pro wrestling show.

It's not like they were friends who had a falling out. Just because you train at the same gym doesnt make you brothers or besties. 

He mocked him for crying etc... didn’t just pick against him 

7 days ago
3/12/14
WhoreHayMasvidal -
Gohan blanco -

How much longer before he alienates the Trumps?

When he gets in trouble and reveals it was all an act

7 days ago
12/22/10

Dustin would get his shit pushed in. 

7 days ago
11/8/08
Dugs95 -
JoeHurley -

He mocked him for crying etc... didn’t just pick against him 

That came after Dustin's comments.

"“I thought they were very distasteful. I’m not a sellout, I bought in and he tapped out. And that’s what happened,” Covington said about Poirier’s comments. To hear Covington tell it, Poirier is upset that “Chaos” picked Khabib Nurmagomedov to come out on top at UFC 242 — which he did. “I had to give the people America’s pick of the week. I had to give my honest opinion. I thought this was land of the free and home of the brave, land of opportunity, freedom of speech. Sorry I can’t have an opinion. We don’t have the same opinion and I just obviously knew Khabib was the better fighter,” he said. "He thought Robbie Lawler was a better fighter and he picked him to beat me. Did I get my feelings hurt? No, I went out there and beat him. Dustin needs to stop making excuses and trying to blame me for his loss. Sorry you suck and you’re not the best fighter in the world. There can only be one best in the world and I’m sorry, but I am that guy.” Furthermore, Covington says Poirier’s tears during the presser were all an act. “I don’t know why he’s acting like a childish little kid. He needs to get a sponsorship from Kleenex with that Emmy Award-winning act at the press conference, crying, ‘Oh my dream ... blah, blah blah.’”  

1/1/01
JoeHurley -

i guess they both wrong..U should always support your teamate and friends

7 days ago
7/27/11
Winston Wolf -
JoeHurley -

u dont pick against ur teamate on video then mock him for crying

Dustin picked Robbie to beat him. 

Poirier is being ridiculous here. No excuses.

7 days ago
1/13/11
Winston Wolf -
JoeHurley -

u dont pick against ur teamate on video then mock him for crying

This, I wouldn’t pick against a teammate, and I certainly wouldn’t say shit if they emotes after a loss. No fucking way.  But I played team sports growing up, maybe the gym is different, but I don’t believe so. 

1/1/01
JoeHurley -
WhoreHayMasvidal -
HoldingTuasBalls -

This kind of thing goes on at more gyms than you would think. It's just not put on public display like this. Jon Jones and Rashaad Evans is a perfect example.

ive never once seen a UFC fighter go on camera and pick against a teamate ? or insult one for losing and crying

1/1/01
Uhtred Ragnarson -
Winston Wolf -
JoeHurley -

both wrong

Dustin picked Robbie to beat him. 

Poirier is being ridiculous here. No excuses.

never heard Porier say that.I did hear Cobly say he said it.If so both dick moves

7 days ago
1/1/01

even if ur teamate is Glass Joe and hes fighting Mike Tyson u never say your teamate will lose especially on camera,.If Porier said it ( i havent heard him say it ) its a dick move as well

7 days ago
4/25/11

ATT in FL is such a big gym with so many training sessions that you can be there full time and not have interactions with the ppl you dislike or just go to another ATT gym in the area for a few days here and there.

7 days ago
11/23/11

Lol@ people thinking this will be an mma fight. This will be a bare Knuckle 30 second brawl until people break it up.

I love the Colby zombies for always backing him up on bullshit. If Dustin doesn't like him there's probably a good reason. 

7 days ago
1/1/01

whoever in charge of ATT they need to tgake charge,..When i trained if a fighter was fighting everyone on the team is supportive of that fighter even if the odds are against them They also would never fight each other