15 days ago
8/14/12

NWA Hall of Famer and professional wrestling trainer José Lothario has died. The sad news comes from former NWA owner Bruce Tharpe, who announced that Lothario had passed away at the age of 83. He’s best known for his own in-ring career where he wrestled for NWA territories.

Later in life, Lothario drew praise for his skills as a professional wrestling trainer. His most famous student is “The Heartbreak Kid” himself, Shawn Michaels. He famously cornered Michaels at WrestleMania XII, which saw “HBK” take on Bret “The Hitman” Hart in an Iron Man match. The match was widely praised.

“So thankful that I had the opportunity to induct him into the NWA Hall of Fame while I served as President,” wrote Tharpe. “He was so happy and it was my pleasure to induct him. God bless you José Lothario and may you Rest In Peace.”

15 days ago
1/1/01
Jose coming to the ring to Sexy Boy is one of the most awkward entrances in pro wrestling history.

RIP Jose.
15 days ago
2/29/16

14 days ago
1/1/01
Cornette said that HBK was the one who insisted that Jose no longer come to the ring with him; he wanted to be the center of attention. Cornette: "How could a 60 yr old man draw heat away from you?!"
14 days ago
1/1/01

I completely believe that. 

13 days ago
6/19/12
Philanderer - Cornette said that HBK was the one who insisted that Jose no longer come to the ring with him; he wanted to be the center of attention. Cornette: "How could a 60 yr old man draw heat away from you?!"

HBK is the worst kind of person. 

Never understood how anyone would be a fan of him.  

RIP Jose.   

13 days ago
2/29/16

13 days ago
11/11/11
Mandible_Claw -

"Get the fuck out of my ring"

12 days ago
3/26/02
HBK was a face at the time Jose Lothario was there. No way was I the only one who noticed that during his ring entrance and before the match started, Jose would point at HBK with bothy fingers, but HBK would ignore him, even after the match. That made me wonder if he was an asshole in real life.