Art Vandelay's Pro Wrestling Ground Randy Orton Pitched Faction, VKM Rejected It

11/4/19 6:41 PM
12/1/11

As seen on WWE programming, Randy Orton had been teaming up with The Revival (Scott Dawson & Dash Wilder) recently.

The following has been reported by Fightful Select:

We’re told by multiple sources that Orton pushed to do more work with them, even going as far as pitching a faction to Vince McMahon personally. The idea fell on deaf ears and Orton and the Revival were put on different brands in the WWE draft.

Randy Orton has teased reforming this group in 2020. It should be noted that Orton’s contract with WWE expires in the Summer of 2020, and The Revival have yet to re-sign with the compa

11/4/19 6:52 PM
8/27/11

You know. I’ve never been a Randy Orton fan. He’s got a great look, a great heel vibe, great charisma, and he’s serviceable in the ring. But he always felt like he was phoning it in. Like he didn’t give a fuck (the person, not the character). 

But I think a fresh coat of paint in a rival promotion could do wonders. As long as they don’t stick him immediately in a feud with Jericho or some other WWE staple (it would feel like a cheap TNA program). 

11/4/19 7:07 PM
1/1/01

WWE will open the bank for Orton. He won’t be going anywhere.

11/4/19 8:08 PM
2/29/16

I always sensed that Orton likes the idea of a faction so he doesn't have to work so hard.

Imagine him giving 100%. He's the Macho Man to John Cena's Hulk Hogan of his era. The guy needs to turn it up a notch. 

11/4/19 10:48 PM
8/20/15
RKing85 -

You would assume so, but I could see Orton leaving to actually enjoy his job at the end of his career. He may want to do something like that. It isn't like he needs money. He will make good money wherever he goes. Hey may want a fresh start and something new. Work with new people even.

11/4/19 10:53 PM
9/22/16
Robert Thomas - 
RKing85 -

You would assume so, but I could see Orton leaving to actually enjoy his job at the end of his career. He may want to do something like that. It isn't like he needs money. He will make good money wherever he goes. Hey may want a fresh start and something new. Work with new people even.

I've been surprised to learn over the past year or so that Orton is a real wrestling fan. He follows everyone, in every promotion, and seems to want what's best for the business, not just WWE.

It's weird what happens when stars get towards the end of their prime. The Rock left for Hollywood, and Cena talked shit about it, until he left for Hollywood. Jericho rebooted himself in NJPW and AEW. Orton may look at a feud with Omega or an invasion angle and wonder "What if?"

I'd like to see it.
11/4/19 11:07 PM
10/15/06
Yea, it's super crazy how good Orton actually is and yet comes off as some guy that works in a factory going through the motions applying the bare minimum and and grabs a perfect attendance award because he is so "dedicated".
11/4/19 11:10 PM
8/20/15
AnthonyWeiner -
Robert Thomas - 
RKing85 -

I've been surprised to learn over the past year or so that Orton is a real wrestling fan. He follows everyone, in every promotion, and seems to want what's best for the business, not just WWE.

It's weird what happens when stars get towards the end of their prime. The Rock left for Hollywood, and Cena talked shit about it, until he left for Hollywood. Jericho rebooted himself in NJPW and AEW. Orton may look at a feud with Omega or an invasion angle and wonder "What if?"

I'd like to see it.

Id like to see him reinvent.himseof elsewhere with more creative freedom. I'm sure Vince stifling a simple request like that doesn't give Orton much hope for the future.

11/4/19 11:11 PM
8/20/15

Why does Vince hate factions these days? 

Edited: 11/5/19 10:06 PM
12/1/11
Robert Thomas -

Haven’t heard the reason why Vince hates faction these days. 

But factions can get talent over look at what the New Day has done for Kofi Kingston & Big E 

DX finally got Triple H over, The Nation Of Domination got The Rock over, not too mention Evolution got 2 stars over in Batista & Randy Orton.

11/5/19 7:35 AM
1/1/01
Sergio - 
Robert Thomas -

But factions can get talent over look a what the new day has done for Kofi Kingston & Big E 

DX finally got Triple H over, The Nation Of Domination got The Rock over, not too mention Evolution got 2 stars over in Batista & Randy Orton.

This is a good post.
11/5/19 10:08 AM
3/7/05
Orton and the Revival as a faction? That could work.
11/5/19 10:10 AM
12/28/12
BigWilliam - Orton and the Revival as a faction? That could work.

the Vanilla Boys

11/5/19 10:26 AM
3/7/05
evh - 

the Vanilla Boys

Was thinking more of a Barry Windham and the Brainbusters vibe really. Old school ass kickers.
11/5/19 11:13 AM
12/28/12
BigWilliam -
evh - 

the Vanilla Boys

Was thinking more of a Barry Windham and the Brainbusters vibe really. Old school ass kickers.

a real ratings draw

11/5/19 11:54 AM
1/1/01
Sergio - 
Robert Thomas -

But factions can get talent over look a what the new day has done for Kofi Kingston & Big E 

Dont forget Jindrak. 

11/5/19 12:15 PM
11/11/11

Hhh got over because of Foley

11/5/19 12:33 PM
2/29/16
TheBearStare -

Hhh got over because of Foley

I always gave the credit to HBK but I think you're right.

19 days ago
12/27/06
Sadly Orton is too physically big for the faction to make sense they would look like his lackeys and couldn't be top draws.... four horseman worked Bc Flair was the smoothest not the biggest/toughest
19 days ago
3/7/05
Vince hates managers, tag teams, factions... basically everything in pro wrestling exception dudes on lots of steroids.