Art Vandelay's Pro Wrestling Ground Rhea Riple/Charlotte Wrestlemania Program

15 days ago
12/1/11

Rhea Ripley vs Charlotte Flair for the NXT Championship is set to take place at WrestleMania 36 on April, 5th in Tampa, FL. ?

?Charlotte Flair will appear live on NXT for the build to this WrestleMania 36 program and she will be a big proponent moving forward to help NXT win the ratings war against AEW. ?

?There already has been discussions of Charlotte Flair moving to the NXT brand after WrestleMania if she does indeed beat Rhea Ripley for the Women's NXT Championship. ?

?Triple H is extremely high up on Rhea Ripley and wants to keep her protected in her program with Charlotte Flair. Triple H considers Rhea "The Chosen One" and sees her as the future of WWE women's wrestling. ?

?Vince McMahon has been pushing for Charlotte Flair to break her father Ric Flair's record of 16x championships. This will be a big issue Triple H and Vince McMahon will have to discuss as both officials don't want their female stars to lose. ?

15 days ago
12/28/12

getting rhea over and then jobbing her to charlotte is wonderful

Edited: 15 days ago
10/20/07

So Charlotte chooses to challenge for the NXT championship as her Royal Rumble win reward?  I like it.

Edited: 15 days ago
1/1/01
The only way ANY of this makes any sense (at least to me) is if it's a power play by Trips (and whomever else) to pull once Vince is more out of the picture starting this weekend with the XFL.

If Charlotte wins, you're telling me Vince is gonna let her move to a show he doesn't even watch?

Or on the flip side, he's gonna job Charlotte out to an NXT champ who, as much as I like, is still *super* early in her career and has only been on regular NXT for a handful of months?  This isn't Survivor Series anymore and given that AEW has their tv contract extension, I don't see Vince as worried about giving the NXT brand the rub.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't see how any of this plays out.

And I said this in the Raw thread, but starting (or at least teasing) this feud before TakeOver Portland THIS WEEKEND is all but a "fuck you" to the importance of the Rhea / Bianca Belair match.

Yes, we all knew that Rhea was going over, but that still doesn't make it make any more sense story-line wise. There's no reason they couldn't have pushed this another week so people would still have a reason to give a damn about the outcome.
15 days ago
1/14/12

Ric ain't gonna be happy he's going to see that as a demotion for his girl going to NXT.

15 days ago
1/1/01
Festus - 

So Charlotte chooses to challenge for the NXT championship as her Royal Rumble win reward?  I like it.

If they're smart (and they aren't), they'd use this as a selling point to increase the "value" (for lack of a better word) of the NXT titles and brand.
14 days ago
3/26/02

Not sure WTF to think. I actually didn't entire hate the idea of her using her title shot for the tag titles, with the rationale being that she's never won them, and wants to accomplish everything. They could even pair her with someone who hates her like Sasha, just so they could do a "champs who don't get along" storyline; which hasn't been done with women's tag champs.

14 days ago
3/7/05

This only makes sense of Rhea goes over, so of course Charlotte will win.

14 days ago
1/1/01
AtomicElbow - Not sure WTF to think. I actually didn't entire hate the idea of her using her title shot for the tag titles, with the rationale being that she's never won them, and wants to accomplish everything. They could even pair her with someone who hates her like Sasha, just so they could do a "champs who don't get along" storyline; which hasn't been done with women's tag champs.

Pair her with Sasha for a 4 Horsewomen reconciliation story, assuming Ronda's gonna come back at some point for the long awaited 4 Horsewomen v. 4 Horsewomen feud.

And if they did it right, they wouldn't need to tie a title up in it either.
13 days ago
1/1/01
BiggGunn - 
AtomicElbow - Not sure WTF to think. I actually didn't entire hate the idea of her using her title shot for the tag titles, with the rationale being that she's never won them, and wants to accomplish everything. They could even pair her with someone who hates her like Sasha, just so they could do a "champs who don't get along" storyline; which hasn't been done with women's tag champs.

Pair her with Sasha for a 4 Horsewomen reconciliation story, assuming Ronda's gonna come back at some point for the long awaited 4 Horsewomen v. 4 Horsewomen feud.

And if they did it right, they wouldn't need to tie a title up in it either.

When would that happen though? I've missed a few weeks of NXT, but I can't remember the last time I saw Marina and Jessamine actually wrestle and not just interfere for Shayna. Right now, those two don't belong in any high profile storylines; they haven't been built up at all.
12 days ago
8/2/05

None of this makes sense unless its to boost ratings and beat AEW

12 days ago
12/28/12
RedDragonUK -

None of this makes sense unless its to boost ratings and beat AEW

didnt work this week but maybe they have something bigger planned

3 days ago
1/1/01
I think it was WrestleTalk where they quoted a Charlotte interview where she said that she lost the most, and had the worst win-loss record for women; even providing stats. Charlotte said part of the problem was that she was always there, never injured, and a workaholic; so people got too used to seeing her regularly.
1 day ago
3/26/02
Philanderer - I think it was WrestleTalk where they quoted a Charlotte interview where she said that she lost the most, and had the worst win-loss record for women; even providing stats. Charlotte said part of the problem was that she was always there, never injured, and a workaholic; so people got too used to seeing her regularly.

If she gets married again, she can go on hiatus like Becky and Seth are supposedly going to after WM.
10 hours ago
3/7/05
Charlotte can say what she wants but she has already had what, ten title runs? That is ridiculous.