Art Vandelay's Pro Wrestling Ground Richard Fliehr signs new contract with WWE

15 days ago
6/9/16

Ride with Vince till the end, so it appears...

Edited: 15 days ago
8/19/03

Isnt he suing them?

Maybe this contract is a being used to shut that down.

15 days ago
1/1/01

Probably just tying up his likeness, trademarks, etc so they can't be used anywhere else.

They just signed Taker to a new 15-year deal, largely for those same reasons.

15 days ago
12/28/12

AEW getting everyone paid

15 days ago
4/22/07

15 days ago
6/9/16
ShanTheMan -

Is this one of those Rorschach tests? If so, I see boobies!!!

15 days ago
4/22/07

15 days ago
4/22/07
Taco Muncher -
ShanTheMan -

Is this one of those Rorschach tests? If so, I see boobies!!!

I think we all do

WOOOOO

Edited: 15 days ago
2/29/16

Great news, Naitch deserves it!

Woooooooooo!

15 days ago
10/11/18
As long as he never steps foot in the ring again.
15 days ago
1/1/01
evh - 

AEW getting everyone paid

That and as someone else (I don't remember who - sorry) said in the Taker thread when I brought up his extension, him signing to appear at Starrcast a year or two ago got Vince moving REAL fast.

7 days ago
6/9/16
WaltJ -

Isnt he suing them?

Maybe this contract is a being used to shut that down.

Your memory serves you well, WaltJ. There's an update on that situation today. Looks like the new contract helped smooth over that dispute:

Ric Flair and WWE were involved in a bit of a scuffle last year when Flair attempted to trademark the term "The Man" after WWE began marketing Becky Lynch with that term. According to Flair, he first approached the promotion to try and work out an agreement for the term, but was ignored so he ended up taking the step to try and register the mark with the USPTO. He then claimed that his doing so caused a rift between himself and WWE and had a negative impact on his daughter, Charlotte. You can read more about that story here.

-- Fortunately for both sides, it appears everything is resolved as Flair turned over the rights to "The Man" over to WWE last week. He also recently signed a new contract with WWE and it is almost a lock that negotiations included ownership of those marks or the transaction was perhaps even included in the contract. From the get go, it appears that Ric never actually wanted to own the trademark, but rather wanted to be compensated for it based on his usage for many years before Lynch burst onto the scene.

https://rajah.com/node/ric-flair-wwe-legal-update-flair-hands-over-trademarks

7 days ago
12/28/12

ric getting some decent financial advice for once

7 days ago
10/20/07
evh -

ric getting some decent financial advice for once

He credits the new wife