3/4/20 9:59 AM
9/24/18

Thoughts on his current troubles? 

My thoughts are this: He's obviously super talented worker, but he's got zero personality or charisma that it's actually really awkward to hear him try cut promos. Hard to really connect to the audience these days with just your elite in ring work. 

I don't see him becoming anything more than a IC title level guy. 

3/4/20 10:14 AM
11/11/11

Extremely talentee but everything he does looks extremely fake.

3/4/20 10:18 AM
12/28/12

One of the better examples of guys who shouldn’t be in that company 

3/4/20 11:03 AM
1/1/01

His current troubles are based solely in the fact that Vince (or whomever backstage) decided to say "fuck that guy".

This whole idea that you can't connect to audiences with just your in-ring work is nuts to me. Or rather, if a guy isn't great on the mic, then to hell with him.

When was the last time Brock got on the mic? And he's been their top dog for how many years?

Ricochet was over AF in Lucha Underground, and Konnan was only a minor mouthpiece for him. It was the overall storylines, some of which were told by the announcers (which is something that I very much enjoyed, if I'm honest). He was also crazy over in NXT. He would get continuous "this is awesome!" chants if he were in AEW.

The problem, at least IMO, isn't him.

3/4/20 11:11 AM
3/7/05
Ricochet is a prime example of a guy that should do just a little bit less and learn to slow down and make things mean something. Also a prime example of why managers/mouth pieces are still something needed. Brock would not be BROCK without Heyman playing hype man for him.
Edited: 3/4/20 11:42 AM
11/11/11

He should probably explore making videos with lars. Apparently they are both talented in that area

3/4/20 12:06 PM
1/1/01
TheBearStare - 

He should probably explore making videos with lars. Apparently they are both talented in that area

You know a lot about that subject for just being a bear...
3/4/20 12:23 PM
12/30/03

There's a saying that you want to be good at selling but not great because if you're great, that's all you'll ever be doing. 

Ricochet pretty much got the Brock match because Brock liked how he sold. He will make your offense look great and his offense is pretty limited. He's a perfect jobber.

3/4/20 12:33 PM
7/12/12

Vince suddenly has a bug up his ass about him for some reason.

3/4/20 12:56 PM
1/1/01

He dumped Tessa Blanchard for the nearly identical Kacy Catanzaro.

3/4/20 1:17 PM
1/1/01
dennis5 -

He traded up

3/4/20 1:18 PM
5/13/05
WrestlingSucks -

There's a saying that you want to be good at selling but not great because if you're great, that's all you'll ever be doing. 

Ricochet pretty much got the Brock match because Brock liked how he sold. He will make your offense look great and his offense is pretty limited. He's a perfect jobber.

I thought his offense was pretty versatile. He can do some power moves and is the best high flyer they currently have in the company. 

Vince is still stuck in the early 90s WWF mold. He wants big cartoonish and power move guys to be his champ. The WWE have wasted just about all the talent called up from NXT. Many of them need to be like Finn Balor and ask for a "demotion" back down to NXT. 

3/4/20 1:19 PM
1/1/01

There's a whole list of people that WWE signed that would have been better off in AEW had they started a year earlier. Ricochet is at the top of that list. EC3 and Matt Riddle aren't far behind

3/4/20 1:20 PM
5/13/05

On another note, I am taking my son to a meet and greet with Ricochet this Saturday. 

3/4/20 2:20 PM
11/11/11

Sorry for being an old man, I like richochet but I can't stand his selling. I like the young bucks too but they are all perfect examples of modern selling essentially becoming a "spot." In richocet's case it all looks extremely fake and choreographed when he bumps and sells. Miss Fancy flip -sell spot- fancy dive- receive clotheslone-sell spot.

3/4/20 2:48 PM
2/4/11
cyberc92 -

On another note, I am taking my son to a meet and greet with Ricochet this Saturday. 

Get a Prince Puma lucha mask and have him sign it..

3/4/20 3:30 PM
1/1/01
grizz632 - 
dennis5 -

He traded up

I guarantee this relationship is a lot saner than his old one.

3/4/20 6:11 PM
9/22/16
I wonder if he puts the TV remote from all his hotel rooms up his ass.
3/4/20 7:12 PM
1/1/01

He lost a buried alive match and no one told him. 

3/4/20 7:35 PM
10/20/07

3/5/20 3:46 AM
9/24/18
Wiggy -

His current troubles are based solely in the fact that Vince (or whomever backstage) decided to say "fuck that guy".

This whole idea that you can't connect to audiences with just your in-ring work is nuts to me. Or rather, if a guy isn't great on the mic, then to hell with him.

When was the last time Brock got on the mic? And he's been their top dog for how many years?

Ricochet was over AF in Lucha Underground, and Konnan was only a minor mouthpiece for him. It was the overall storylines, some of which were told by the announcers (which is something that I very much enjoyed, if I'm honest). He was also crazy over in NXT. He would get continuous "this is awesome!" chants if he were in AEW.

The problem, at least IMO, isn't him.

You can’t compare Brock to ricochet in that way, neither cut good promos but Brock is whole different animal. 

Who actually just gets over based purely on their ring work? Hardcores will appreciate them, sure, but casual fans largely don’t give a shit about that.

3/5/20 10:11 PM
1/1/01
armbarheelhook - 
cyberc92 -

Get a Prince Puma lucha mask and have him sign it..

I got him to sign a dozen of those at Crash. Cool story bro of the day.

3/6/20 3:56 AM
12/30/03
cyberc92 -
WrestlingSucks -

I thought his offense was pretty versatile. He can do some power moves and is the best high flyer they currently have in the company. 

Vince is still stuck in the early 90s WWF mold. He wants big cartoonish and power move guys to be his champ. The WWE have wasted just about all the talent called up from NXT. Many of them need to be like Finn Balor and ask for a "demotion" back down to NXT. 

One thing about Ricochet is that during his indy run he literally had the same match night after night. It didn't matter who you were or what you did. It was paint by numbers when you wrestled him. 

He doesn't really differ too much now. He runs matches fast as hell and is crazy athletic but I think it would look better if he saved his over the top stuff for Sundays and the right opponents. 

Imagine if he never did the inside out bump on clotheslines until he faced Braun Strowman or Brock. Then after the match they worked an injury angle from that bump. Sore neck or back. He can't get his offense off because his back is hurt and now he has to face Strowman with limited mobility. 

PPV comes and Ricochet is getting squashed. He looks tired, hurt and desperate. Finally with a scared look on his face he dives out of the ring onto Braun, throwing caution to the wind. They are both down and being counted out. They don't move at all until 8 and they barely beat the count out. Then they go home however they want. 

3/6/20 9:40 AM
3/7/05
WrestlingSucks - 
cyberc92 -
WrestlingSucks -

One thing about Ricochet is that during his indy run he literally had the same match night after night. It didn't matter who you were or what you did. It was paint by numbers when you wrestled him. 

He doesn't really differ too much now. He runs matches fast as hell and is crazy athletic but I think it would look better if he saved his over the top stuff for Sundays and the right opponents. 

Imagine if he never did the inside out bump on clotheslines until he faced Braun Strowman or Brock. Then after the match they worked an injury angle from that bump. Sore neck or back. He can't get his offense off because his back is hurt and now he has to face Strowman with limited mobility. 

PPV comes and Ricochet is getting squashed. He looks tired, hurt and desperate. Finally with a scared look on his face he dives out of the ring onto Braun, throwing caution to the wind. They are both down and being counted out. They don't move at all until 8 and they barely beat the count out. Then they go home however they want. 

Exactly, if you are ALWAYS doing the crazy shit, then the crazy shit just becomes normal and people get bored with it.
3/6/20 6:10 PM
1/14/12

Agree about the crazy shit but people especially Bret used to say the same about Flair he did the same match every night.

There is always the possibility that his treatment and doing jobs is that thing Vince likes to do to see if guys can take losing and being buried.