Edited: 3/6/20 8:45 PM
2/4/07
WrestlingSucks - 
cyberc92 -
WrestlingSucks -

There's a saying that you want to be good at selling but not great because if you're great, that's all you'll ever be doing. 

Ricochet pretty much got the Brock match because Brock liked how he sold. He will make your offense look great and his offense is pretty limited. He's a perfect jobber.

I thought his offense was pretty versatile. He can do some power moves and is the best high flyer they currently have in the company. 

Vince is still stuck in the early 90s WWF mold. He wants big cartoonish and power move guys to be his champ. The WWE have wasted just about all the talent called up from NXT. Many of them need to be like Finn Balor and ask for a "demotion" back down to NXT. 

One thing about Ricochet is that during his indy run he literally had the same match night after night. It didn't matter who you were or what you did. It was paint by numbers when you wrestled him. 

He doesn't really differ too much now. He runs matches fast as hell and is crazy athletic but I think it would look better if he saved his over the top stuff for Sundays and the right opponents. 

Imagine if he never did the inside out bump on clotheslines until he faced Braun Strowman or Brock. Then after the match they worked an injury angle from that bump. Sore neck or back. He can't get his offense off because his back is hurt and now he has to face Strowman with limited mobility. 

PPV comes and Ricochet is getting squashed. He looks tired, hurt and desperate. Finally with a scared look on his face he dives out of the ring onto Braun, throwing caution to the wind. They are both down and being counted out. They don't move at all until 8 and they barely beat the count out. Then they go home however they want. 

The inside out clothesline reminds me of RVD taking a DDT. RVD would make the DDTs he took look like a million bucks and if it was a spot you'd only see occasionally during a PPV, it'd be absolutely sick and have the crowd thinking this could be the fnish. But since he took that same spot every week, it didn't mean anything.
3/7/20 1:58 AM
7/12/12
Sandy Pantz -
WrestlingSucks - 
cyberc92 -
WrestlingSucks -

There's a saying that you want to be good at selling but not great because if you're great, that's all you'll ever be doing. 

Ricochet pretty much got the Brock match because Brock liked how he sold. He will make your offense look great and his offense is pretty limited. He's a perfect jobber.

I thought his offense was pretty versatile. He can do some power moves and is the best high flyer they currently have in the company. 

Vince is still stuck in the early 90s WWF mold. He wants big cartoonish and power move guys to be his champ. The WWE have wasted just about all the talent called up from NXT. Many of them need to be like Finn Balor and ask for a "demotion" back down to NXT. 

One thing about Ricochet is that during his indy run he literally had the same match night after night. It didn't matter who you were or what you did. It was paint by numbers when you wrestled him. 

He doesn't really differ too much now. He runs matches fast as hell and is crazy athletic but I think it would look better if he saved his over the top stuff for Sundays and the right opponents. 

Imagine if he never did the inside out bump on clotheslines until he faced Braun Strowman or Brock. Then after the match they worked an injury angle from that bump. Sore neck or back. He can't get his offense off because his back is hurt and now he has to face Strowman with limited mobility. 

PPV comes and Ricochet is getting squashed. He looks tired, hurt and desperate. Finally with a scared look on his face he dives out of the ring onto Braun, throwing caution to the wind. They are both down and being counted out. They don't move at all until 8 and they barely beat the count out. Then they go home however they want. 

The inside out clothesline reminds me of RVD taking a DDT. RVD would make the DDTs he took look like a million bucks and if it was a spot you'd only see occasionally during a PPV, it'd be absolutely sick and have the crowd thinking this could be the fnish. But since he took that same spot every week, it didn't mean anything.

Now everyone takes every DDT like that.

3/7/20 8:12 AM
7/13/09

Sorry you guys are upset that a 5’7 gymnast with cool tattoos but no acting ability and got caught finger banging his asshole in an online jackoff video is not being marketed correctly.  Maybe him and Apollo Cruze can get the same stop smiling surgery. 

3/7/20 8:16 PM
2/24/07
JJitsu -

Sorry you guys are upset that a 5’7 gymnast with cool tattoos but no acting ability and got caught finger banging his asshole in an online jackoff video is not being marketed correctly.  Maybe him and Apollo Cruze can get the same stop smiling surgery. 

lol. in a nutshell

3/8/20 3:41 AM
9/24/18
JJitsu -

Hahahah yes

3/8/20 2:34 PM
6/22/07

Lucha Underground got him over better by doing the obvious....

3/8/20 3:39 PM
12/30/03
JJitsu -

Finger banging his own b hole? Jeez

3/8/20 10:29 PM
7/16/17
TheBearStare -

Sorry for being an old man, I like richochet but I can't stand his selling. I like the young bucks too but they are all perfect examples of modern selling essentially becoming a "spot." In richocet's case it all looks extremely fake and choreographed when he bumps and sells. Miss Fancy flip -sell spot- fancy dive- receive clotheslone-sell spot.

Whoa whoa whoa.... What is this old man stuff?  I thought you were a bear.

3/8/20 11:36 PM
11/11/11
thehoodedwonder139 -
TheBearStare -

Sorry for being an old man, I like richochet but I can't stand his selling. I like the young bucks too but they are all perfect examples of modern selling essentially becoming a "spot." In richocet's case it all looks extremely fake and choreographed when he bumps and sells. Miss Fancy flip -sell spot- fancy dive- receive clotheslone-sell spot.

Whoa whoa whoa.... What is this old man stuff?  I thought you were a bear.

LolZ I am a bear. Just assumed that old man comment was  a figure of speech you humans use.

3/9/20 5:55 AM
12/27/06

If I could compare Ricochet to somebody back in time I would say he is the evolution of Superfly Snuka....  not a world champ but a great ic champ and fantastic career he should have 

3/9/20 8:48 AM
5/8/13
RUSRedDevil -

If I could compare Ricochet to somebody back in time I would say he is the evolution of Superfly Snuka....  not a world champ but a great ic champ and fantastic career he should have 

Snuka had a look tho.   Ricochet is so tiny.... no charisma either 

3/9/20 9:30 AM
12/30/03
RUSRedDevil -

He reminds me of  early John Morrison with less of a character. Every match is a very choreographed dance routine that is impossible to suspend disbelief when watching. It's cool to see such an athletic guy able to do the things does but I'd rather watch a match that tells a story and looks like two guys actually trying to win a match. 

3/9/20 9:37 AM
3/7/05
If he slowed down a bit he could be a great performer in ring, he needs a mouth piece though.
3/9/20 10:08 AM
5/13/05
Dugs95 -
RUSRedDevil -

This is 2020 though. The juiced up wrestlers are going the way of the dodo bird. Mainstream wrestling is filled with athletic and people who have modeled their after Rey Mysterio/ Shawn Michaels.

3/9/20 3:55 PM
3/7/05
cyberc92 - 
Dugs95 -
RUSRedDevil -

This is 2020 though. The juiced up wrestlers are going the way of the dodo bird. Mainstream wrestling is filled with athletic and people who have modeled their after Rey Mysterio/ Shawn Michaels.

Mainstream wrestling, like it or not, is still WWE. And guys like Roman and Goldberg are the top of the card. Don't confuse indy wrestling with main stream.
3/9/20 11:26 PM
10/27/10
BigWilliam -
cyberc92 - 
Dugs95 -
RUSRedDevil -

Mainstream wrestling, like it or not, is still WWE. And guys like Roman and Goldberg are the top of the card. Don't confuse indy wrestling with main stream.

Wwe or not

Top guys

Adam cole

Gargano

Finn balor

The whole undisputed era

Bryan

Punk

Cody Rhodes 

A lot guys that were/are small as shit. 

Bryan is pretty thick and very believable, as is Jericho.  

3/10/20 12:19 AM
5/13/05
BigWilliam -
cyberc92 - 
Dugs95 -
RUSRedDevil -

I wouldn't call Roman a juicehead (not saying he doesn't). He doesn't look much bigger than Rollins.

3/10/20 12:21 AM
5/13/05
Juggernautt -
BigWilliam -
cyberc92 - 
Dugs95 -
RUSRedDevil -

Wwe or not

Top guys

Adam cole

Gargano

Finn balor

The whole undisputed era

Bryan

Punk

Cody Rhodes 

A lot guys that were/are small as shit. 

Bryan is pretty thick and very believable, as is Jericho.  

Rollins, Kofi, and Jeff Hardy to name more wrestlers who are at the top and/or won a main title.

3/10/20 2:48 AM
10/27/10
BigWilliam -
cyberc92 - 
Dugs95 -
RUSRedDevil -

Eddie and Benoit were small as well, however after a year or so in wwe, they packed on like 15 pounds of muscle or more, each. 

Like it or not, these smaller guys are here to stay. I prefer the spectacle of the larger then life muscle monsters myself, but the business has definitely been small guy friendly over the past decade or so

3/10/20 10:09 AM
3/7/05
Who is headlining Wrestlemania this year? Drew vs Brock, Goldie vs Roman. Hardly little gymnastic guys. Yes some smaller guys have made the top of the card, but saying big guys are going extinct is kind of funny considering who is at the top right now.
3/10/20 1:18 PM
10/8/07

Nothing screams jobber like Ricochets new ring attire. Got him wearing blue shorts now and wrestling on Main Event.

3/11/20 9:55 AM
5/13/05
BigWilliam - Who is headlining Wrestlemania this year? Drew vs Brock, Goldie vs Roman. Hardly little gymnastic guys. Yes some smaller guys have made the top of the card, but saying big guys are going extinct is kind of funny considering who is at the top right now.

They are going extinct though. Goldberg is 53 years old and Brock is 42 years old. Roman isn't really much bigger than any of his Shield members. Mcyntire is the only "new" big guy that has really risen to the top in recent years. The Miz main evented WM in the past decade and he isn't a big wrestler. Below is the list of the last decade of wrestlemania main events. What it shows is that the "big" guys who wrestle are retreads from over a decade ago that the WWE keeps going back to the well to get. What are they going to keep doing? Bring back Goldberg to main event when he is 60? Bring back Brock when he is 60? That is why people are saying that they are going extinct because the WWE has no one in the pipeline to take over. 

Wrestlemania XXVI (2010)

The main event of Wrestlemania XXVI was The Undertaker vs. Shawn Michaels. This was a Streak vs Career match.

Wrestlemania XXVII (2011)

The main event of Wrestlemania  XXVII was The Miz vs. John Cena. This was for the WWE Championship.

Wrestlemania XXVIII (2012)

The main event of Wrestlemania XXVIII was John Cena vs. The Rock.

Wrestlemania 29 (2013)

The main event of Wrestlemania 29 was The Rock vs. John Cena. This was for the WWE Championship.

Wrestlemania XXX (2014)

The main event of Wrestlemania XXX was Randy Orton vs. Batista vs. Daniel Bryan. This was for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship.

Wrestlemania 31 (2015)

The main event of Wrestlemania 31 was Brock Lesnar vs. Roman Reigns. This was for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship.

Wrestlemania 32 (2016)

The main event of Wrestlemania 32 was Triple H vs Roman Reigns. This was for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship.

Wrestlemania 33 (2017)

The main event of Wrestlemania 33 was Roman Reigns vs the Undertaker.

Wrestlemania 34 (2018)

The main event of Wrestlemania 34 was Roman Reigns vs Brock Lesnar. This was for the WWE Universal Championship.

3/11/20 10:03 AM
3/7/05
They DO keep going back and they will continue to do so as long as Vince is in charge.
3/11/20 10:16 AM
5/13/05
BigWilliam - They DO keep going back and they will continue to do so as long as Vince is in charge.

Yes, he keeps bringing back stars of yesteryear but for how much longer? Some of these guys are at the point they can't physicall do it anymore (Undertaker, Goldberg).

3/11/20 10:35 AM
3/7/05
cyberc92 - 
BigWilliam - They DO keep going back and they will continue to do so as long as Vince is in charge.

Yes, he keeps bringing back stars of yesteryear but for how much longer? Some of these guys are at the point they can't physicall do it anymore (Undertaker, Goldberg).

You ask me to make sense of the mind of a mad man, I cannot. It would be like trying to predict the direction of smoke in a tornado.