Art Vandelay's Pro Wrestling Ground Riddle shoots hard on Jericho, Goldberg

19 days ago
9/24/18

“I’m just gonna say this. I don’t know what’s going on with all these WCW guys, legitimately. Man, I don’t like Goldberg, that’s my thing. I'm not even gonna get into...everyone knows what I think. And it’s true, because he’s not at the level. And yes, he’s made lots of money, but at the end of the day, when future wrestlers come in or somebody wants to get into this business or a passionate fan wants to watch something good, I doubt they’re going to pull up a Bill Goldberg match. They’re going to pull up one of my matches or Kurt Angle’s match or Chris Benoit’s matches or Shawn Michaels or Bret Hart and I’ll go on. But Goldberg’s not in that category more or less. "

"Chris Jericho, you came at me. I don’t know why you’re saying ‘listen and learn, kid.’ I’ll beat the shit out of you. I don’t understand that. I don’t get it. You’re soft as hell. Maybe back in your prime, but even then, I would have beat the shit out of you then. Listen and learn from me, bro. Shut your mouth. Lance (Storm), I remember doing a seminar with you and I literally fell asleep during your seminar. I had to be woken up by you. I even apologized at the time. And then to think, years later I’d be in NXT and for some reason, you get on your little Twitter machine and start talking trash about me. Bro, barefoot or not, I’m still ten times the entertainer you ever were. Keep coaching, keep passing on the tradition, just don’t teach them how to be entertaining because you don’t know how to. Booker T, I honestly like you. I really like you Booker T. I didn’t want any heat with you. But you said I ‘couldn’t work.’ Pretty sure if you watch a couple of my matches, ehhh...you’ll probably realize you were really wrong about that. So that’s it. I want everybody to know where I’m coming from. I’m a pretty sweet guy, okay? And I don’t want any of this trouble. Okay? Everybody, have a great Monday and I'll see everbody in Albany, NY on Thursday, Buffalo, NY on Friday and TakeOver Toronto, Saturday. Later bro.”

19 days ago
9/24/18

19 days ago
1/8/04
Jericho is a wannabe tough guy though. I almost beat his ass outside the Garden in 2003. Cocky, delusional faggot.
19 days ago
12/30/03

What did Jericho say?

19 days ago
1/8/04
There's more to the story.
19 days ago
1/1/01

Riddle is a dumbass. 

The heat with Jericho came from someone sending a quote from a Jericho book to Riddle that Jericho responded to.

Basically don’t bury older talent. If you lose, you lost to an old guy. If you win, you beat up an old guy. Never bury your competition to the point that beating them does nothing for you. 

Riddle smoked himself out of the UFC and it shows. Remember the whole “weed keeps me from beating my kids” fiasco?

19 days ago
11/11/11

I need to know what the help motivated this stupid rant. Weed? That rant does him no favors and just made him a lot of enemies. It doesnt garner sympathy or support in any way. Just sounds like random bashing.

19 days ago
10/8/07

I stopped reading when he put himself in the same category as Shawn, Bret, Benoit, and Angle. He's a delusional fuck and always has been.

And yes, we know Goldberg is a horrible worker. Thanks for reminding us of what we've already known for the past 20+ years.

19 days ago
1/1/01
Koma - 

Riddle is a dumbass. 

The heat with Jericho came from someone sending a quote from a Jericho book to Riddle that Jericho responded to.

Basically don’t bury older talent. If you lose, you lost to an old guy. If you win, you beat up an old guy. Never bury your competition to the point that beating them does nothing for you. 

Riddle smoked himself out of the UFC and it shows. Remember the whole “weed keeps me from beating my kids” fiasco?

This.

Jericho is actually giving him what is great fucking career advice. So he said "listen and learn, kid"? So what? Riddle has done a grand total of fuck all in pro wrestling thus far...ESPECIALLY compared to a guy like Y2J.

And his response is "I'll beat the shit out of you"?

What a complete tool.
19 days ago
1/1/01

He keeps talking shit about Lesnar too.

Sooner or later he’s going to run into one of these guys backstage. Plus I can’t imagine WWE management being too thrilled. Benoit is taboo.

19 days ago
1/1/01
TheBearStare - 

I need to know what the help motivated this stupid rant. Weed? That rant does him no favors and just made him a lot of enemies. It doesnt garner sympathy or support in any way. Just sounds like random bashing.

I forget how the whole thing got started, but I think it had something to do with one of Riddle's promos or something. A fan Tweeted a selection from Y2J's book, which Koma basically described. Jericho then either re-tweeted or responded to it, saying "Listen and learn, kid".

That's what Riddle is responding to.
19 days ago
4/5/08
Is he pure shooting on this though? It's hard to believe he would be that stupid intentionally?
19 days ago
1/14/12

Matt can have his opinions but he should also take a moment to consider the politics of Wrestling.

Running your mouth has cost a lot of guys over the years.

19 days ago
9/24/18

I'll be honest, I don't watch NXT besides the big TakeOver shows, but I've never thought he was anything special. Meltzer bangs on about him like he's the next mega star, but I just don't see it. 

19 days ago
1/1/01
Berser_KED - Is he pure shooting on this though? It's hard to believe he would be that stupid intentionally?

I don't think he's necessarily "trying"...I think he's just a moron with a massive ego.

And you can bet your ass the WWE promo machine isn't behind this like they are other twitter beefs (e.g. - Becky vs Honda) - they're not gonna Ok him bringing up Benoit (esp in a positive light), getting into a beef with one of the top stars with your main rival promotion, talking shit to / about two HOFer (especially when your character is a face)...

Like I said earlier - what a tool.

And her certainly hasn't built up the name brand or drawing power, yet. I mean, if WWE decides to cut him, is anyone gonna stop watching NXT as a result?

Nope.
19 days ago
11/11/11

Also i think there is a lot that can be learned by watching goldberg tapes. Despite his lack of ability he still connected to the crowd better than most.

Edited: 19 days ago
3/7/05
Jericho, Goldberg and Lance probably would all respond the same way. 'Who the fuck is matt riddle?'
19 days ago
12/27/10

Goldberg has never tried to claim he was a world class wrestler, but he has been in plenty of exciting matches in his career.  He was one of the most popular wrestlers during his peak and was a legit superstar.  There is zero chance Riddle will ever be close to the level of star Goldberg was (or is).  

19 days ago
1/1/01

Lance is my guy.  Dissapointing.  Riddle should keep his mouth shut.

19 days ago
1/22/05
Lance is ten times the pro-wrestler Riddle will ever be. So is Jericho.

He's going to piss off the wrong guy and derail his career.
18 days ago
7/12/12
JOB - Lance is ten times the pro-wrestler Riddle will ever be. So is Jericho.

He's going to piss off the wrong guy and derail his career.

Yeah, it's a shame to see it coming, as the guy has so much promise.

18 days ago
1/1/01
tj tapper -

Lance is my guy.  Dissapointing.  Riddle should keep his mouth shut.

I think the only thing Lance initially did was retweet the vid of Riddle jumping the Tampa Bay Rays mascot and commenting “Does this guyeven own  shoes”?

18 days ago
2/16/09

18 days ago
9/24/18

I just saw what Jericho tweeted and wow, Riddles response “I’ll kill you bro” shows what a childish little brat he still is. He was a douchbag in the ufc and seems he still hasn’t matured now. 

18 days ago
12/28/12

lol y’all gettin worked hard