Art Vandelay's Pro Wrestling Ground Road Warriors or Legion of Doom?

20 days ago
2/29/16

When you think back on this GOAT team, which name do you think?

I was introduced to them as LOD and didn't refer to them as Road Warriors unless it was individually. 

20 days ago
2/29/16

20 days ago
2/29/16

20 days ago
11/11/11
Mandible_Claw -

When you think back on this GOAT team, which name do you think?

I was introduced to them as LOD and didn't refer to them as Road Warriors unless it was individually. 

Same applies to me

19 days ago
9/6/11

I've always referred to them as "The Legion of Doom" Road Warrior Hawk and Road Warrior Animal. It was always combined for me.

19 days ago
1/1/01

Road Warriors always. 

19 days ago
1/1/01
A little trivia- Everyone on the SS '90 Warriors team was previously called "Warrior" before going to WWF: The Dingo Warrior, The Modern Day Warrior, the Road Warriors.

They are also all dead.
19 days ago
1/1/01
Philanderer - A little trivia- Everyone on the SS '90 Warriors team was previously called "Warrior" before going to WWF: The Dingo Warrior, The Modern Day Warrior, the Road Warriors.

They are also all dead.

Well at least you didn’t call it a “Fun Fact”. 

19 days ago
10/20/07

Road Warriors first that i can remember 

19 days ago
1/8/04

I grew up with the WWF, they didn't air NWA in NYC. So the first time I ever heard of them and saw them it was as the Legion of Doom.

19 days ago
4/22/07

Road Warriors

19 days ago
10/27/03
Philanderer - A little trivia- Everyone on the SS '90 Warriors team was previously called "Warrior" before going to WWF: The Dingo Warrior, The Modern Day Warrior, the Road Warriors.

They are also all dead.

I knew individually they were all dead ..... but somehow it made it worse knowing collectively the whole team is dead.

19 days ago
1/1/01
PdW2kX -

I've always referred to them as "The Legion of Doom" Road Warrior Hawk and Road Warrior Animal. It was always combined for me.

This.

19 days ago
10/11/18
Jim Crockett Promotions/WCW called them by both. They would frequently introduce them as the Legion Of Doom, The Road Warriors.
19 days ago
2/29/16
Mr Karate - Jim Crockett Promotions/WCW called them by both. They would frequently introduce them as the Legion Of Doom, The Road Warriors.

Wasn't Legion of Doom created in the WWF? Why would they be called that under Crockett?

19 days ago
8/31/07

IIRC, the Legion of Doom was a stable they were a part of in NWA.

When WWF signed they either didn't have the rights to use the name Road Warriors or didn't want to use it due to the other Warrior named talent and fellback on the Legion of Doom name, which worked, similar to Horsemen becoming The Brainbuster's, which for a kid way into NWA and casually into WWF was good enough.

19 days ago
11/1/05
Siciliano di Brooklyn - 

I grew up with the WWF, they didn't air NWA in NYC. So the first time I ever heard of them and saw them it was as the Legion of Doom.

This 100% false. I grew up in lower Manhattan and we had TBS going back to 1983. So did my family in Queens. Also the AWA had a short syndication run on WPIX CH 11 in the mid 80's on Saturday morning which was my first exposure to them. The AWA was also on ESPN.
Edited: 19 days ago
1/8/04

I honestly don't remember any WCW/NWA in the late 80s early 90s. But my cousin who was 8 years older knew them as the Road Warriors so maybe I only noticed WWF, but I absolutely only remember watching them on Fox 5 and USA.

19 days ago
10/15/06
LOD was a stable around 83 in Georgia managed by Paul Ellering, the Road Warriors were part of it, as were Jake the Snake and King Kong Bundy. I feel like I'm missing someone else though.
19 days ago
1/8/04

^Did not know that.^

18 days ago
3/8/04

I grew up with the names being interchangeable.  They weren't as good in WWF.

Music

Red Shoulder Pads

Lack of Road Warriors name

All not as good.  The music made a huge difference.

18 days ago
2/29/16

Imagine being Hawk and having to walk around with that haircut knowing he could grow a full head of hair.

18 days ago
1/1/01
Beezulbubba - LOD was a stable around 83 in Georgia managed by Paul Ellering, the Road Warriors were part of it, as were Jake the Snake and King Kong Bundy. I feel like I'm missing someone else though.

Matt Bourne, Iron Sheik and I too forgot who else.
18 days ago
1/1/01
BeerMuscles - 
Siciliano di Brooklyn - 

This 100% false. I grew up in lower Manhattan and we had TBS going back to 1983. So did my family in Queens. Also the AWA had a short syndication run on WPIX CH 11 in the mid 80's on Saturday morning which was my first exposure to them. The AWA was also on ESPN.

YES! That was Pro Wrestling USA aka Superstars of Wrestling! The hosts were Gordon Solie, Joe Pedicino and Boni Blackstone.
18 days ago
10/8/07
dennis5 -
Beezulbubba - LOD was a stable around 83 in Georgia managed by Paul Ellering, the Road Warriors were part of it, as were Jake the Snake and King Kong Bundy. I feel like I'm missing someone else though.

Matt Bourne, Iron Sheik and I too forgot who else.

Arn Anderson