Art Vandelay's Pro Wrestling Ground Roman Reigns to co-star in 'Hobbs and Shaw'

1/26/19 6:18 PM
6/1/07
The Pendulum - 
Steve4192 -
CANESHARP - 

PAUL WALKERS death WAS HUGE for that franchise. 

Remember the marketing for it? “One last ride” with paul walkers fucking Face on it. Yes his death squeezed every bit of the juice 

People in China have no fucking idea who Paul Walker was. Furious 7 and 8 didn't make more in China than they made in the USA because of Paul Walker. None of his movies ever did diddly squat in the Chinese market.

You know who in the cast did have a history of drawing huge numbers in the Chinese box office? The Rock.

Take rocks 'contribution' of China out of it.

No.7 still grosses 1.2 billion dollars, and 8 grosses almost 900 million.

No doubt China make an impact, but to say that walkers death didn't cause more people to go see 7 and consequently 8 is false.

It's not just China. Furious 7 did monster numbers all over the non-English speaking world. It was the highest grossing movie of 2015 in Columbia, Malaysia, Mexico, Taiwan, Thailand. It was #2 in Brazil, Russia. It was top 10 pretty much everywhere.
1/26/19 7:37 PM
5/14/13
Steve4192 -
The Pendulum - 
Steve4192 -
CANESHARP - 

PAUL WALKERS death WAS HUGE for that franchise. 

Remember the marketing for it? “One last ride” with paul walkers fucking Face on it. Yes his death squeezed every bit of the juice 

People in China have no fucking idea who Paul Walker was. Furious 7 and 8 didn't make more in China than they made in the USA because of Paul Walker. None of his movies ever did diddly squat in the Chinese market.

You know who in the cast did have a history of drawing huge numbers in the Chinese box office? The Rock.

Take rocks 'contribution' of China out of it.

No.7 still grosses 1.2 billion dollars, and 8 grosses almost 900 million.

No doubt China make an impact, but to say that walkers death didn't cause more people to go see 7 and consequently 8 is false.

It's not just China. Furious 7 did monster numbers all over the non-English speaking world. It was the highest grossing movie of 2015 in Columbia, Malaysia, Mexico, Taiwan, Thailand. It was #2 in Brazil, Russia. It was top 10 pretty much everywhere.

All of those countries not only have high numbers of English speakers, they all have a large modified car culture. Why are you moving the goal posts?

It was a worldwide success because of Walkers death, not because the Rock was in it.

1/26/19 7:37 PM
10/27/10

Jesus fucking christ. Here comes Anthony weiner with his anti rock bullshit 

Sorry he fucked your bf or something but you have no idea what you're talking about.  Follow collider or screen junkies or the Hollywood reporter or john campea and you'll know the obvious truth which has already been stated in this thread. 

The Rock is responsible for the revived success of the fast and furious franchise. Since his inclusion into FAST 5 and onward, the franchise blew up HUGE. Paul walker did not pass until furious 7. So you're wrong about that. 

The studio offered the rock and statham their own spin off movie, and that was to take precedent over FAST 9. Tyrese got ass hurt over that and started all this back n forth over twitter and Instagram. On top of that, vin diesel and the rock started to not get along during filming of FAST 8. This is all documented.  Stop with your FAKE NEWS bullshit.

The studio is also pushing forward with another fast and furious spin off involving only female characters, led by Michelle Rodriguez which was just officially greenlit, and THATS ALSO taking percent over fast 9. 

No one believe his bullshit. He just hates the rock

1/26/19 10:18 PM
1/1/01

those movies really made over 1 BILLION dollars?  Holy shit that’s crazy, I’ve never seen one of them not my thing but how many movies has ever made a billion?  

1/26/19 10:23 PM
3/2/11
Tommy Gunnz -

those movies really made over 1 BILLION dollars?  Holy shit that’s crazy, I’ve never seen one of them not my thing but how many movies has ever made a billion?  

there's 10 of them, of which I have seen zero but they were all successes from what I remember so collectively I'd believe a billion

1/26/19 10:26 PM
4/25/11
Tommy Gunnz -

Quite a few. It was a quite the accomplishment when Titanic did it, or even 10 years ago when Dark Knight did; but it’s not quite the same today with inflated ticket prices and the exploding Foreign market. 

Black Panther and Aquaman both hit a billion. Infinity War was the first film to hit TWO BILLION. I mean it’s still a shit Ton of money, and the goal for the huge blockbuster movies. But it’s gotten to the point where some films(Justice League) are flops when they don’t hit a bil 

1/27/19 4:05 AM
10/27/10
Mookie 3:16 Is My Hero -
Tommy Gunnz -

Quite a few. It was a quite the accomplishment when Titanic did it, or even 10 years ago when Dark Knight did; but it’s not quite the same today with inflated ticket prices and the exploding Foreign market. 

Black Panther and Aquaman both hit a billion. Infinity War was the first film to hit TWO BILLION. I mean it’s still a shit Ton of money, and the goal for the huge blockbuster movies. But it’s gotten to the point where some films(Justice League) are flops when they don’t hit a bil 

Justice league is considered a disappointment because it had a production budget of 300 million plus another 100 to 200 mill of advertising. So it's making 650 million is a disappointment. 

1/27/19 6:31 AM
6/1/07
ChaosOverkill - 
Tommy Gunnz -

there's 10 of them, of which I have seen zero but they were all successes from what I remember so collectively I'd believe a billion

Not collectively.

The last two have made over a billion INDIVIDUALLY. In fact, they made over a billion not even counting their domestic box office, two of only six movies EVER to crack the billion mark outside the USA.
1/27/19 6:38 AM
6/1/07
Mookie 3:16 Is My Hero - 
Tommy Gunnz -

There have been 37 billion dollar films globally, and it seems like there are a couple new ones added to the list every year. However, The Fast and Furious franchise is in a much more exclusive club. There have only been six films to crack a billion internationally, and the F&F franchise has two of them. No other franchise has two entries on the list. Not Star Wars. Not the Avengers. Not Jurassic World. Not Harry Potter. Not Lord of the Rings. Only The Fast and Furious.
1/27/19 6:42 AM
3/2/11
Steve4192 -
ChaosOverkill - 
Tommy Gunnz -

Not collectively.

The last two have made over a billion INDIVIDUALLY. In fact, they made over a billion not even counting their domestic box office, two of only six movies EVER to crack the billion mark outside the USA.

oh nevermind, yeah I thought something seemed off

1/27/19 10:57 AM
5/13/05

Tyrese had a mental breakdown around that time he was feuding with The Rock. He was going through some custody battle and needed money because of his spending habits so he wanted The Rock to push back the release date of this movie so that Fast 9 would come out sooner. It seemed that this movie had already been in the plans so Rock decided to go forward and Tyrese started attacking The Rock (implying he is fake, is on the juice, and is selfish).

1/27/19 11:25 AM
9/22/16
cyberc92 - 

Tyrese had a mental breakdown around that time he was feuding with The Rock. He was going through some custody battle and needed money because of his spending habits so he wanted The Rock to push back the release date of this movie so that Fast 9 would come out sooner. It seemed that this movie had already been in the plans so Rock decided to go forward and Tyrese started attacking The Rock (implying he is fake, is on the juice, and is selfish).

I love two closet gay guys having a public feud, arguing about everything other than being gay.
1/27/19 12:00 PM
4/25/11
Juggernautt -
Tommy Gunnz -

Justice league is considered a disappointment because it had a production budget of 300 million plus another 100 to 200 mill of advertising. So it's making 650 million is a disappointment. 

Which means it still grossed, based on those numbers, between one and two hundred million dollars. Most films aren’t considered flops while bringing in that kind of profit.

1/27/19 1:14 PM
6/1/07
Juggernautt -
Tommy Gunnz -

Which means it still grossed, based on those numbers, between one and two hundred million dollars. Most films aren’t considered flops while bringing in that kind of profit.

The studio only gets about half of the domestic gross box office receipts. The theater owners get the other half. The studio gets even less of international box office. So a movie that pulls in $200MM domestically and $450MM internationally only delivers about $250MM-$300MM to the studio's bottom line.
1/27/19 2:38 PM
10/27/10
Steve4192 -
Juggernautt -
Tommy Gunnz -

The studio only gets about half of the domestic gross box office receipts. The theater owners get the other half. The studio gets even less of international box office. So a movie that pulls in $200MM domestically and $450MM internationally only delivers about $250MM-$300MM to the studio's bottom line.

Movie theaters get roughly 1/3 of the profit from the box office numbers according to collider 

1/28/19 8:26 AM
1/1/01
"The Rock is responsible for the revived success of the fast and furious franchise. Since his inclusion into FAST 5 and onward, the franchise blew up HUGE. Paul walker did not pass until furious 7. So you're wrong about that. "

Disagree completely.

What revived the franchise was Fast and the Furious - the fourth movie. And this was for two reasons:

#1 - it brought back & combined the cast of the first two movies (which everyone liked WAY more than Tokyo Drift)

#2 - they made the switch from trying to make car movies with action sequences and crime plots to making over-the-top action movies with cars in 'em

Subtle difference, but a huge one...especially since Hollywood is all but incapable of actually making a good car movie.

Did adding The Rock in help? Of course. But so did the crazy, over-the-top sequences. So did making Gal Gadot part of the crew. So did the storyline of bringing Letty back from the dead in #4. So did bringing in Statham, Kurt Russel, et al later on.

Again, was The Rock a contributing factor? Of course. But to suggest he swooped in & single-handedly saved the franchise is silly.

Especially when his Hobbs character, if we're honest, is just a re-hash of Brian O'Connor...except he has The Rock's persona and likes big diesel trucks instead of Skylines.
Edited: 1/28/19 8:43 AM
10/27/10
OJTT_Wiggy - "The Rock is responsible for the revived success of the fast and furious franchise. Since his inclusion into FAST 5 and onward, the franchise blew up HUGE. Paul walker did not pass until furious 7. So you're wrong about that. "

Disagree completely.

What revived the franchise was Fast and the Furious - the fourth movie. And this was for two reasons:

#1 - it brought back & combined the cast of the first two movies (which everyone liked WAY more than Tokyo Drift)

#2 - they made the switch from trying to make car movies with action sequences and crime plots to making over-the-top action movies with cars in 'em

Subtle difference, but a huge one...especially since Hollywood is all but incapable of actually making a good car movie.

Did adding The Rock in help? Of course. But so did the crazy, over-the-top sequences. So did making Gal Gadot part of the crew. So did the storyline of bringing Letty back from the dead in #4. So did bringing in Statham, Kurt Russel, et al later on.

Again, was The Rock a contributing factor? Of course. But to suggest he swooped in & single-handedly saved the franchise is silly.

Especially when his Hobbs character, if we're honest, is just a re-hash of Brian O'Connor...except he has The Rock's persona and likes big diesel trucks instead of Skylines.

Gal gadot was an absolute unknown when cast in fast and furious, the 4th movie. Its appeal was the return of vin diesal and paul Walker and the rest of the original cast. It hit 363 mil. 

Michelle Rodriguez has never carried a movie before and was not even in fast 5. She died in 4(fast and furious). Again this movie grossed 363 mil

Fast 5 nearly doubled that gross, and that was the rocks debut. 

1/28/19 9:09 AM
11/9/10
RKing85 - 

0% chance the leukemia is an angle.

This. There is no way Roman or anyone in the WWE would use that as an angle. They do way to much for cancer charities to think that would be ok.
1/28/19 1:26 PM
4/22/07
Tommy Gunnz -

easy to see why Roman wears a vest/shirt in wwe now

Yep.  He is in good shape but next to the rock he looks like a tub of feces. 

2/10/19 4:14 PM
8/20/15
AnthonyWeiner -
evh - 

wtf is going on in this movie

this scene looks like total shit

The Rock got kicked out of the Fast & Furious films, so the producers attempted to give him a spinoff. It's going to bomb.

Very wrong lol

14 days ago
9/22/16
Robert Thomas -
AnthonyWeiner -
evh - 

The Rock got kicked out of the Fast & Furious films, so the producers attempted to give him a spinoff. It's going to bomb.

Very wrong lol

$60 million domestic opening, crashed in 2nd weekend. $90 million domestic, $255 million worldwide, against a $200 million budget. This won't lose money, but we won't be seeing a "Hobbs and Shaw 2".

14 days ago
10/27/10
AnthonyWeiner -
Robert Thomas -
AnthonyWeiner -
evh - 

Very wrong lol

$60 million domestic opening, crashed in 2nd weekend. $90 million domestic, $255 million worldwide, against a $200 million budget. This won't lose money, but we won't be seeing a "Hobbs and Shaw 2".

Lol hi tyrese!

This flick hasn't even opened in china yet, and no its second weekend isnt considered a "crash"  

You're such a doofus

Edited: 14 days ago
1/1/01

12 days ago
1/8/04
Tommy Gunnz - 

easy to see why Roman wears a vest/shirt in wwe now

It's crazy cause he looks like Umaga next to The Rock. I had to look at that picture a couple times to realize it was him.
9 days ago
3/7/05
All the good the Rock might ever do in the world is out weighted by the fact he revived and saved this shit franchise.