Art Vandelay's Pro Wrestling Ground Roman Reigns to co-star in 'Hobbs and Shaw'

1/25/19 3:26 PM
12/20/10

If the Leukemia was just an angle to get him off TV then this will definitely generate some nuclear heat with the fans. Maybe go-away heat?

1/25/19 4:32 PM
1/1/01

0% chance the leukemia is an angle.

Edited: 1/25/19 4:57 PM
12/28/12

wtf is going on in this movie

this scene looks like total shit

1/25/19 6:01 PM
9/22/16
evh - 

The Rock got kicked out of the Fast & Furious films, so the producers attempted to give him a spinoff. It's going to bomb.
1/25/19 6:46 PM
12/28/12
AnthonyWeiner - 
evh - 

The Rock got kicked out of the Fast & Furious films, so the producers attempted to give him a spinoff. It's going to bomb.

yeah i know that. i think it'll do pretty well actually. i meant specifically what is going on in that scene pictured. some sort of samoan gang fight?
1/25/19 7:21 PM
1/1/01
AnthonyWeiner - 
evh - 

Kicked out of the F&F films? What's the story there?

I thought they just decided to do the spinoff (presumably for $$$'s sake). I know it caused contention with the original F&F cast (or at least with what's his name...can't remember right now...the tall, skinny-ish black dude that was good real-life friends with Paul Walker) because it delayed the actual F&F franchise.

But I hadn't heard that he was "kicked out" of the F&F movies.
1/25/19 7:36 PM
9/22/16
OJTT_Wiggy - 
AnthonyWeiner - 
evh - 

I thought they just decided to do the spinoff (presumably for $$$'s sake). I know it caused contention with the original F&F cast (or at least with what's his name...can't remember right now...the tall, skinny-ish black dude that was good real-life friends with Paul Walker) because it delayed the actual F&F franchise.

No one is going to say "kicked out", but that's what happened. Everyone hates Dwayne. Diesel, Tyrese (the whiner who Rocky wrecked on social media). The "Hobbs and Shaw" spinoff has been in the works for a long while, and production was actually delayed.

Producers weren't sure The Rock could carry the solo film, so they took the cool Dwayne and Statham dynamic (they really worked well in the two F&F films) and are trying to launch a new franchise. Only every time the Rock tries to launch a new franchise, it fails (with the exception of Jumanji, but that's mostly because of Kevin Hart).

In theory, this movie SHOULD NOT suck. Reality may prove to be something different.
1/25/19 8:03 PM
1/1/01
It's the Rock and it's a Fast and Furious spin off. It will do just fine at the box office, no matter how bad it may be.
1/25/19 8:13 PM
1/1/01
AnthonyWeiner - 
OJTT_Wiggy - 
AnthonyWeiner - 
evh - 

No one is going to say "kicked out", but that's what happened. Everyone hates Dwayne. Diesel, Tyrese (the whiner who Rocky wrecked on social media). The "Hobbs and Shaw" spinoff has been in the works for a long while, and production was actually delayed.

Producers weren't sure The Rock could carry the solo film, so they took the cool Dwayne and Statham dynamic (they really worked well in the two F&F films) and are trying to launch a new franchise. Only every time the Rock tries to launch a new franchise, it fails (with the exception of Jumanji, but that's mostly because of Kevin Hart).

In theory, this movie SHOULD NOT suck. Reality may prove to be something different.

Everyone hates Dwayne? As in everyone in F&F hates him? Or something more?

This is totally news to me, so sorry if these are dumb questions. lol

Tyrese is totally who I was thinking of in my post...just couldn't think of his name. He came off whiny in those exchanges, but Rock definitely came off like a dick (at least I thought so).

And it *is* odd how Rock can make more $$$ than anyone (likely because he works more than anyone), but anything that he heads up or is the lead on never takes off.

Kinda odd case in point, but there's a LOT of talk about the Rock's physique now. One quick youtube search will come up with all these videos about people trying the Rock's diet and such. He's also always posting IG pics about sushi and peanut butter chocolate chip cookies and all that. He was also announced into some kinda bodybuilding Hall of Fame a couple-few years ago before any actual competitive bodybuilders.

This is all as a result of the physique he spent a SHITLOAD of time on (and has subsequently kept) for the Hercules movie...which I'm pretty sure went nowhere?
Edited: 1/25/19 8:51 PM
3/2/11
OJTT_Wiggy -
AnthonyWeiner - 
OJTT_Wiggy - 
AnthonyWeiner - 
evh - 

Tyrese is totally who I was thinking of in my post...just couldn't think of his name. He came off whiny in those exchanges, but Rock definitely came off like a dick (at least I thought so).

And it *is* odd how Rock can make more $$$ than anyone (likely because he works more than anyone), but anything that he heads up or is the lead on never takes off.

Kinda odd case in point, but there's a LOT of talk about the Rock's physique now. One quick youtube search will come up with all these videos about people trying the Rock's diet and such. He's also always posting IG pics about sushi and peanut butter chocolate chip cookies and all that. He was also announced into some kinda bodybuilding Hall of Fame a couple-few years ago before any actual competitive bodybuilders.

This is all as a result of the physique he spent a SHITLOAD of time on (and has subsequently kept) for the Hercules movie...which I'm pretty sure went nowhere?

https://mashable.com/2018/04/04/dwayne-the-rock-johnson-vin-diesel-feud/#iYYUDe51LOqt

Vin and he don't see eye to eye.

There's only room for one veiny HGH walking thumb in that town.

1/25/19 9:06 PM
9/22/16
OJTT_Wiggy - 
AnthonyWeiner - 
OJTT_Wiggy - 
AnthonyWeiner - 
evh - 

I could have said that better, but yes, you have it right: Everyone involved in the F&F franchise films hate his guts.
1/25/19 9:08 PM
1/1/01

easy to see why Roman wears a vest/shirt in wwe now

1/25/19 9:50 PM
8/20/15
AnthonyWeiner -
evh - 

He didn't get kicked out, he took over. Tyrese got mad The Rocks spinoff took precedent over Fast 9(?). He cried and whined.like a bitch because he wasn't getting a paycheck. The Rock saved that franchise and everyone knows it. 

1/26/19 7:01 AM
5/14/13
Robert Thomas -
AnthonyWeiner -
evh - 

He didn't get kicked out, he took over. Tyrese got mad The Rocks spinoff took precedent over Fast 9(?). He cried and whined.like a bitch because he wasn't getting a paycheck. The Rock saved that franchise and everyone knows it. 

Lol no he didn't. Paul Walker dying was the kick in th guts it needed to make things keep happening. Which isn't fair to Walker, since he was actually a good actor, and if you don't believe that watch 'hours'.

1/26/19 10:05 AM
5/13/05

I thought Tyrese was mad that this movie pushed back Fast 9 and he needed money for child support. I know the Rock had a huge buzz for being in Fast 5 which garnered some publicity for the film.

1/26/19 12:27 PM
6/1/07
AnthonyWeiner - 
OJTT_Wiggy - 
AnthonyWeiner - 
evh - 

If that is the case, they are making a MASSIVE mistake.

It's no coincidence that the Fast and Furious franchise exploded in popularity after The Rock joined the cast. It went from being an almost exclusively domestic franchise to being a massive global franchise due in large part to The Rock being immensely popular in the international market. The first F&F with The Rock in the cast made almost as much internationally as the first four films combined. The second one with The Rock made a half-billion internationally. The third and fourth with The Rock made over a billion internationally.

The Fast and Furious franchise is going to tank without him. I predict they'll drop back under a half-billion internationally and under $200MM domestically. Within a couple of films, they'll be back to the level they were before Fast Five.
1/26/19 12:38 PM
6/1/07
OJTT_Wiggy - 
AnthonyWeiner - 
OJTT_Wiggy - 
AnthonyWeiner - 
evh - 

Don't look at the domestic gross on his movies. Look at the international gross. Even shitty Rock movies (like Rampage, Skyscraper, San Andreas, and Mysterious Island) can crack $300MM worldwide. International audiences will basically buy tickets to any action movie with him in it.

Also, LOL at the dude who said Kevin Hart was responsible for the success of Jumanji. That was the first live-action film of Hart's career to crack $300MM. His previous career best was Central Intelligence, which brought in a little more than $200MM and co-starred .... Dwayne Johnson. The Rock basically made Kevin Hart. Hart has averaged a little over $80MM on the 36 movies he has made without the Rock. He has averaged over $500MM on the two movies he made with the Rock.
1/26/19 1:40 PM
6/1/07
The Pendulum - 
Robert Thomas -
AnthonyWeiner -
evh - 

Lol no he didn't. Paul Walker dying was the kick in th guts it needed to make things keep happening. Which isn't fair to Walker, since he was actually a good actor, and if you don't believe that watch 'hours'.

Oh come on.

Do you honestly think sympathy for Paul Walker's death led to the franchise quadrupling in size over the next three installments? That's retarded. What changed was that the franchise added a new lead who is one of the most popular film stars in the world, and he brought an whole new audience with him. The movies went from averaging just over $100MM internationally to making over $1000MM internationally.
1/26/19 2:15 PM
9/22/16
Steve4192 - 
OJTT_Wiggy - 
AnthonyWeiner - 
OJTT_Wiggy - 
AnthonyWeiner - 
evh - 

Don't look at the domestic gross on his movies. Look at the international gross. Even shitty Rock movies (like Rampage, Skyscraper, San Andreas, and Mysterious Island) can crack $300MM worldwide. International audiences will basically buy tickets to any action movie with him in it.

Also, LOL at the dude who said Kevin Hart was responsible for the success of Jumanji. That was the first live-action film of Hart's career to crack $300MM. His previous career best was Central Intelligence, which brought in a little more than $200MM and co-starred .... Dwayne Johnson. The Rock basically made Kevin Hart. Hart has averaged a little over $80MM on the 36 movies he has made without the Rock. He has averaged over $500MM on the two movies he made with the Rock.

Those international grosses mean shit. We've been over this in other threads. Every movie you listed lost money. He's running out of chances.
1/26/19 4:07 PM
5/14/13
Steve4192 -
The Pendulum - 
Robert Thomas -
AnthonyWeiner -
evh - 

Oh come on.

Do you honestly think sympathy for Paul Walker's death led to the franchise quadrupling in size over the next three installments? That's retarded. What changed was that the franchise added a new lead who is one of the most popular film stars in the world, and he brought an whole new audience with him. The movies went from averaging just over $100MM internationally to making over $1000MM internationally.

No. 6 made 788 million. Which was released 6 months before he died.

No. 7, which was released after he died, grossed 1.5 billion.

No. 8, which still had the follow on from then did 1.2 billion.

But yeah, Rocky is definitely responsible for the franchise jumping into the billion dollar bracket.

1/26/19 4:07 PM
9/10/13

PAUL WALKERS death WAS HUGE for that franchise. 

Remember the marketing for it? “One last ride” with paul walkers fucking Face on it. Yes his death squeezed every bit of the juice 

1/26/19 5:12 PM
6/1/07
CANESHARP - 

Remember the marketing for it? “One last ride” with paul walkers fucking Face on it. Yes his death squeezed every bit of the juice 

People in China have no fucking idea who Paul Walker was. Furious 7 and 8 didn't make more in China than they made in the USA because of Paul Walker. None of his movies ever did diddly squat in the Chinese market.

You know who in the cast did have a history of drawing huge numbers in the Chinese box office? The Rock.
1/26/19 5:20 PM
6/1/07
^ I'd also like to point out that the Fast and Furious movies have never done gigantic box office numbers domestically, where Paul Walker nostalgia would likely have had the most impact. They've averaged $189MM domestically with only one movie topping $250MM. Those are very good numbers, but not historically great numbers. On the other hand, it's international numbers compare favorably with ANY movie franchise, including Avatar, Titanic, Star Wars and the Avengers. Only six movies in history have topped a billion dollars at the international box office, and two of them are Fast & Furious films.
1/26/19 5:27 PM
1/1/01
The films are massive in China.
1/26/19 6:00 PM
5/14/13
Steve4192 -
CANESHARP - 

People in China have no fucking idea who Paul Walker was. Furious 7 and 8 didn't make more in China than they made in the USA because of Paul Walker. None of his movies ever did diddly squat in the Chinese market.

You know who in the cast did have a history of drawing huge numbers in the Chinese box office? The Rock.

Take rocks 'contribution' of China out of it.

No.7 still grosses 1.2 billion dollars, and 8 grosses almost 900 million.

No doubt China make an impact, but to say that walkers death didn't cause more people to go see 7 and consequently 8 is false.