Art Vandelay's Pro Wrestling Ground So now Vince is sour on Baszler lmao

27 days ago
3/7/05
Seeing Cody as a midcarder is another good point. If VKM sees you as a mid card person that is it. You can do EVERYTHING right, get over, look good, work well in the ring but if Vince doesn't see it you are screwed.
27 days ago
12/30/03
Wiggy -
WrestlingSucks - 
The Destroyer88 -

I never saw Shayna as anything more than a dollar store version of Ronda(at least looks wise). Vince was probably hoping he had another star in the making but Shayna just hasn't done anything to get over with the fans, so far anyways.

I'm not saying to just pull the plug on her vs Becky but I get it. Watching her wrestle usually does nothing for me, plus Becky doesn't have the momentum she did a year ago so the crowd at Mania would most likely be dead silent for their match.

Shayna is someone who would get over huge if she could be herself rather than read off scripts imo

Agreed.

And Honda may have had the better MMA career, as well as have more public appeal / name recognition, but Shayna is a million times better than her in the ring.

In a perfect world, Shayna would jump to AEW where she could really be an asset but I doubt they would offer her as much as WWE pays and ultimately, she's probably got a max of 7 years to make all the money the can. 

27 days ago
5/13/05
BigWilliam - Seeing Cody as a midcarder is another good point. If VKM sees you as a mid card person that is it. You can do EVERYTHING right, get over, look good, work well in the ring but if Vince doesn't see it you are screwed.

The best part is that line of thinking for Vince has caused him to spend more money retaining talent and/or acquiring talent because of more consumable wrestling content than ever before (AEW, indies, NJPW, ROH, TNA).

27 days ago
1/1/01
BigWilliam - Seeing Cody as a midcarder is another good point. If VKM sees you as a mid card person that is it. You can do EVERYTHING right, get over, look good, work well in the ring but if Vince doesn't see it you are screwed.

Do you consider Daniel Bryan as a guy who was able to break out of that? Was the YES movement just so huge that he forced their hand? Was it a once in a generation type thing?

27 days ago
10/25/12
The Destroyer88 -

I never saw Shayna as anything more than a dollar store version of Ronda(at least looks wise). Vince was probably hoping he had another star in the making but Shayna just hasn't done anything to get over with the fans, so far anyways.

I'm not saying to just pull the plug on her vs Becky but I get it. Watching her wrestle usually does nothing for me, plus Becky doesn't have the momentum she did a year ago so the crowd at Mania would most likely be dead silent for their match.

Sorry if this doesn't sit well with everyone, but this is just my opinon...

We all know what's matters to WWE, she is down right ugly, you can't have a women's champion that younger kids look up to, that looks like a bulldog, you can get away with it on the men's side. 

She has some good moves that she does, she just tends to loose peoples attention at times.

27 days ago
3/7/05
cool hand Ed - 
BigWilliam - Seeing Cody as a midcarder is another good point. If VKM sees you as a mid card person that is it. You can do EVERYTHING right, get over, look good, work well in the ring but if Vince doesn't see it you are screwed.

Do you consider Daniel Bryan as a guy who was able to break out of that? Was the YES movement just so huge that he forced their hand? Was it a once in a generation type thing?

I think the fans forced Vince to give Daniel some run, but where is he now? They ran an entire gimmick about him being a B+ player and then back to the mid card with him.
27 days ago
8/19/03
51Third -
The Destroyer88 -

Sorry if this doesn't sit well with everyone, but this is just my opinon...

We all know what's matters to WWE, she is down right ugly, you can't have a women's champion that younger kids look up to, that looks like a bulldog, you can get away with it on the men's side. 

She has some good moves that she does, she just tends to loose peoples attention at times.

This.

I don't have anything against Shayna, but she is FUGLY.

25 days ago
3/28/10

Did anyone watch Elimination Chamber?  It’s weird no one is acknowledging that this entire thread was bullshit. 

24 days ago
12/30/03
Poop Doodle -

Did anyone watch Elimination Chamber?  It’s weird no one is acknowledging that this entire thread was bullshit. 

I think it was just a bit early. After the ppv, I could easily see them jobbing her out to Becky then ending her push. The crowd doesn't want to see a squash match like that. Becky should have ran in on her or something to make up for the squash. 

23 days ago
1/1/01
Poop Doodle - 

Well, if you read my OP, you'll see that it said:

"...word is he's soured on her and her winning the Elimination Chamber, then going on to face Becky at Mania might completely change."

"might" = / = "will"

And let's be honest - it's not like Vince hasn't done exactly this kinda thing lately...