Art Vandelay's Pro Wrestling Ground Talent Vince has pulled the plug on

21 days ago
1/1/01
After some of the responses in my thread about Vince supposedly souring on Shayna Baszler *and* the thread on how he's recently done the same with Ricochet, I figured let's start a thread on all the talent in the last few years he's pulled the plug on.

What does "pulled the plug" mean? It could be:

-signing them and doing nothing with them
-bringing them to the main roster and doing nothing with them
-giving them maybe a small push, but never booked to win (or at least look good)
-decided he didn't like for a stupid reason

Or whatever.

I'll start:

-Shayna (we'll see how this plays out)
-Ricochet
-The Revival
-Robert Roode (he's had the oddest main roster run and is now basically a jobber)
-Samoa Joe (has only ever seemed to be a transitional mid-card champ, gets stupid wins when he gets them, and has lost every main-event type feud he's been in)
-Nakamura (was on the same path as Joe, but he did end up getting a decent IC run)
-Asuka (has never come close to her NXT run / glory on the main roster)
-Luke Harper (Vince didn't like him because he didn't do a good enough southern accent...lmao)
-Bray Wyatt (ugggggghhhhh)

Who else?
21 days ago
6/22/12

Shelton Benjamin was red hot in 04-05 and then he became a mamas boy literally with that bitch at ringside screaming the entire match

21 days ago
8/27/11

The second ultimate warrior. 

21 days ago
1/1/01

EC3

21 days ago
12/28/12

Shane McMahon

21 days ago
11/13/14

Skinner

21 days ago
5/8/13
SuperKamiGuru -

Shelton Benjamin was red hot in 04-05 and then he became a mamas boy literally with that bitch at ringside screaming the entire match

Was my favorite wrestler at one time....  he was so good in the ring 

21 days ago
6/22/12
Dugs95 -
SuperKamiGuru -

Was my favorite wrestler at one time....  he was so good in the ring 

Yea he was golden (lol) for a while, had one of the best matches ever on raw with Hbk, beat HHH clean in the middle of unbeatable phase.

I thought he was next for the belt and then his mama is walking him to the ring 

21 days ago
7/12/12

Joe has just been unlucky with injuries. He may have consistently lost in top programs, but as far as PPV and TV main events he's been available for since being on Raw are concerned, he's been in a very good number of them, which means he's been one of the highest paid when healthy. Vince appreciates him and books him well, imo. Has had a feud with and win over THE BIG DOG, title match vs Brock, multiple PPV title matches vs AJ, most recently in top Raw storyline with KO vs Rollins group, main eventing week after week.

21 days ago
5/25/14

Zack Ryder,the Audience loved him and WWE did everything to bury him.

Fandango

Edited: 21 days ago
7/13/09

Let’s look at it through Vinces eyes. 

Hey pal who ya got for me to give an “opportunity” to this week. 

Shayna Blazer: Who’s this butch? Wouldn’t Raw dog her with Briscoes dick! 

Ricochet: So this is the guy everyone’s talking about? Why can’t he look angry ever? He did what to his butthole online!!? 

The Revival: Why dont these fat kids do the flips like everyone else? WTF is going on with that ones belly button?!!

Robert Roode: Who’s he getting his Winstrol from!?Is he buying from our guy?! Jesus it looks like they put He-Man legs on a full sized action figure. Put him with Ziggler. Call them the pretty boys Ive got to take a crap!

Samoa Joe: Hey the fat kid from TNA can talk pretty good. But look at him it’s disgusting! How tall is this guy anyway!? Oh nevermind he’s injured again tell me in 6 months. 

Japs!!??WTF pal can they speak English? Does he want to do a Samurai gimmick? Jesus look how skinny he is!? What’s he wearing anyway looks like my old gimp suit. The girls willing to do the Muta thing? OK fine keep them around for the idiot Meltzer marks....

Bruce!!! Go tell my retarded son in law he better send me someone over 6 feet from that damn preschool he’s running real quick or I’m going to have Steph peg him with my super sized dong!!! The DEVASTATOR!!!

Luke Harper: WOW I thought I killed these rednecks off with WCW what’s going on here? Big white trash guy OK let’s make him a klansman or somethi...he’s from New York? He looks like that and he a New Yorker? Well can he do a redneck accent? No? Go put him with that big goofy ginger I don’t know what to do with. 

Bray Wyatt: allright finally we got Blackjacks grandkid in here....oh he’s really fat, let’s call him Husky, does he want to do the Blackjacks gimmick with his fatty brother? No? He wants to be undertaker? We already have an Undertaker. I don’t care if he’s 60!!! OK fine let him be new undertaker. I’ll have my Samoan sex pot crush him if he ever gets over.

Now someone get me a Steak!!

21 days ago
10/8/07

Joe just can't stay healthy. Seems like he's on the sidelines every couple of months either with shoulder or knee problems or now a concussion. 

20 days ago
8/2/05

Rikishi

Broken Matt Hardy 

Burchill

Emma

Rusev

Cesaro

Bo Dallas

20 days ago
1/1/01

Has RVD been mentioned?  Sure he got arrested with some pills and pot but that seems small, even back then.

19 days ago
6/22/12
fryabusa -

Has RVD been mentioned?  Sure he got arrested with some pills and pot but that seems small, even back then.

That was not long after eddie died and they started the wellness policy, no one cared about the weed but they were very upset about the painkillers they had

Edited: 19 days ago
7/12/12

As mentioned elsewhere, Vince may want to see how Ricochet reacts to him pulling the plug out. He likes that game and Ricochet was clearly ripe for it. And WrestlingSucks has made great points about how samey his performances are. The novelty may well have worn off with Vince, which will be hard to get back without Rick O'Shea showing he's ready, willing, and able to go further in some way.

18 days ago
8/19/03
SuperKamiGuru -

He was a blue chip athlete, but had the charisma of a bag of dog shit. 

HBK gave him The Rub in quite possibly the greatest RAW match I've ever seen and that was his pinnacle.   He just never put it together beyond having good in-ring matches with other good dance partners.  

I do agree that he could have been used better, however.  Or at least used differently. 

18 days ago
6/22/12
WaltJ -
SuperKamiGuru -

HBK gave him The Rub in quite possibly the greatest RAW match I've ever seen and that was his pinnacle.   He just never put it together beyond having good in-ring matches with other good dance partners.  

I do agree that he could have been used better, however.  Or at least used differently. 

Agree on that being possibly the best match ever on RAW. They could of threw him with a real manager or something at least though while he worked on his mic skills

18 days ago
8/19/03
SuperKamiGuru -
WaltJ -
SuperKamiGuru -

Agree on that being possibly the best match ever on RAW. They could of threw him with a real manager or something at least though while he worked on his mic skills

Definitely.   This would have easily been the logical thing to do.   I mean, they pay these guys.   Everyone there has a contract.   Why not at least position them to have an opportunity. 

17 days ago
4/18/02

KENTA

Cesaro

17 days ago
8/2/05

Taz from killer of Kurt Angle to wrestling Jerry 

17 days ago
3/7/05
Finn Balor
14 days ago
8/12/19
JJitsu -

Let’s look at it through Vinces eyes. 

Hey pal who ya got for me to give an “opportunity” to this week. 

Shayna Blazer: Who’s this butch? Wouldn’t Raw dog her with Briscoes dick! 

Ricochet: So this is the guy everyone’s talking about? Why can’t he look angry ever? He did what to his butthole online!!? 

The Revival: Why dont these fat kids do the flips like everyone else? WTF is going on with that ones belly button?!!

Robert Roode: Who’s he getting his Winstrol from!?Is he buying from our guy?! Jesus it looks like they put He-Man legs on a full sized action figure. Put him with Ziggler. Call them the pretty boys Ive got to take a crap!

Samoa Joe: Hey the fat kid from TNA can talk pretty good. But look at him it’s disgusting! How tall is this guy anyway!? Oh nevermind he’s injured again tell me in 6 months. 

Japs!!??WTF pal can they speak English? Does he want to do a Samurai gimmick? Jesus look how skinny he is!? What’s he wearing anyway looks like my old gimp suit. The girls willing to do the Muta thing? OK fine keep them around for the idiot Meltzer marks....

Bruce!!! Go tell my retarded son in law he better send me someone over 6 feet from that damn preschool he’s running real quick or I’m going to have Steph peg him with my super sized dong!!! The DEVASTATOR!!!

Luke Harper: WOW I thought I killed these rednecks off with WCW what’s going on here? Big white trash guy OK let’s make him a klansman or somethi...he’s from New York? He looks like that and he a New Yorker? Well can he do a redneck accent? No? Go put him with that big goofy ginger I don’t know what to do with. 

Bray Wyatt: allright finally we got Blackjacks grandkid in here....oh he’s really fat, let’s call him Husky, does he want to do the Blackjacks gimmick with his fatty brother? No? He wants to be undertaker? We already have an Undertaker. I don’t care if he’s 60!!! OK fine let him be new undertaker. I’ll have my Samoan sex pot crush him if he ever gets over.

Now someone get me a Steak!!

Spot on !

14 days ago
12/4/09

Tom Mcgee

14 days ago
1/1/01

Saw on today's WrestleTalk that since Revival won't re-sign with WWE, and booking them as a comedy act won't make them look bad (because the crowd sees through it), Vince has sent them home to sit out the remainder of their contract.

However, because they've earned more than their downside guarantee, they're either not being paid from this point forward, or if they are, it's been scaled way back.