29 days ago
12/28/12

Edited: 26 days ago
12/28/12

RAW slightly better than last week but still low

26 days ago
8/19/03
evh -

The fuck is going on in this picture?  This FOX thing has sputtered and started losing steam at an alarmingly fast rate.

Edited: 24 days ago
12/28/12

finally! wwe dragged enough 50 year olds (on and off camera) to get the ratings win they so desired. they only had to change nxt to make it happen. hopefully now everyone can move on

pretty solid number for aew actually. shows that there is a devoted core audience there which ispromising  if they can build on that

24 days ago
3/19/09
Ive had to miss the last two AEW shows due to appointments and had to find them on youtube.

Surprisingly, it kinda bums me out that NXT took a week. Didn't think I was marking out that hard.
24 days ago
12/28/12
evh -

finally! wwe dragged enough 50 year olds (on and off camera) to get the ratings win they so desired. they only had to change nxt to make it happen. hopefully now everyone can move on

pretty solid number for aew actually. shows that there is a devoted core audience there which ispromising  if they can build on that

sorry i hurt your feelings glowman. didn't mean to offend your favorite company and force you to lash out with a brutal vote down. 

13 days ago
1/1/01

NXT 810,000

AEW 663,000

took me a minute to remember that was Thanksgiving Eve and that’s a major reason I’m sure why total viewers was down over 300k

13 days ago
12/28/12

13 days ago
12/28/12
RKing85 -

NXT 810,000

AEW 663,000

took me a minute to remember that was Thanksgiving Eve and that’s a major reason I’m sure why total viewers was down over 300k

you could parse it as each taking like 12% hit for the holiday and aew taking an extra 12% or whatever for the post-ppv weekend for nxt. the next few weeks will make this trend more clear.

either way, i didnt really enjoy last week’s aew show and maybe i’m not alone

13 days ago
1/1/01
no, last week's AEW was definitely the least well received on the whole.
13 days ago
11/28/07

13 days ago
1/1/01
isn't Thanksgiving Eve one of the busiest travel days of the year? I'm thinking it will be back to low 800's this week.
13 days ago
12/28/12
RKing85 - isn't Thanksgiving Eve one of the busiest travel days of the year? I'm thinking it will be back to low 800's this week.

Yes, but AEW was down much more than NXT. Could be post-PPV effects. Could mean younger demos less likely to watch on a night before a holiday. Could mean AEW losing steam when NXT is gaining. Probably some combination of all three.

10 days ago
1/1/01

AEW 851,000

NXT 845,000

real strong bounce back from AEW. Last week’s ratings can be completly ignored. For whatever reason, Thanksgivinf Eve really did a number on AEW.

10 days ago
12/28/12
RKing85 -

AEW 851,000

NXT 845,000

real strong bounce back from AEW. Last week’s ratings can be completly ignored. For whatever reason, Thanksgivinf Eve really did a number on AEW.

10 days ago
11/11/11

Despite how its written there may be some kernals of truth in what was written above in that tweet. Id imagine there is some pros and cons to that for advertisers.

10 days ago
2/25/12

Jericho and Moxley are carrying AEW

10 days ago
7/15/16
Dravenlives - 

I think their presence certainly helps, but them alone wouldn't keep people to continue to view in week over week. I think they play a solid part in that equation, but ultimately I think viewers are really enjoying the product as a whole. To your credit Jericho/Moxley is probably the biggest match they can book at this point considering how short of a time the weekly show has been around.
9 days ago
2/25/12
Tongue Punch Sr -
Dravenlives - 

I think their presence certainly helps, but them alone wouldn't keep people to continue to view in week over week. I think they play a solid part in that equation, but ultimately I think viewers are really enjoying the product as a whole. To your credit Jericho/Moxley is probably the biggest match they can book at this point considering how short of a time the weekly show has been around.

It keeps me tuning in....not necessarily the potential match just them as individuals 

9 days ago
1/1/01
I guess I'm the only one that wasn't surprised at NXT winning last week's ratings.

I mean, they were coming off a weekend with *two* PPVs (one of which being WWE's biggest of the year), a massive heel turn at TakeOver, *and* them "winning" at Survivor Series.

I would think that would draw people in, regardless of it being the day before Thanksgiving, travel, etc.

As an aside, from some of what I've seen, it looks like what I speculated in this week's AEW thread is true - they're not only keeping the "picture-in-picture" going during commercials, but intentionally putting story arcs & such during them to keep people from switching to NXT during said commercials.

Apparently (and maybe this has already been mentioned in this thread), data has shown that AEW viewers will switch over to NXT during commercials, but NXT viewers won't switch over to AEW.
9 days ago
7/31/15
Tongue Punch Sr -
Dravenlives - 

To this point I'll say the following - as mentioned, I'm mostly WWF early 90s / late 80s through the Attitude era, sprinkled with ECW and WCW.  Dont follow the indies, or anything like that.

I knew of Moxley, Rhodes, Jericho etc. and had heard of the Bucks/Omega, but not a lot of others who hadnt been in WWE/F before.  In any case, I'm tuning in for the crash TV atmosphere and I've come to love other people I've never seen before - MJF is easily in my top 3 favourites (Jericho number 1), PnP, Best Friends (love Trent), SCU (Sky/Daniels), Orange Cassidy, Luchasaurus, really like the Dark Order etc. etc.

I've really gravitated to these characters, they feel real and as said before, are passionate about what they're doing.  

3 days ago
1/1/01

A tie??????