Art Vandelay's Pro Wrestling Ground VKM Wants Another WWE Draft, NXT Involved

23 days ago
12/1/11

The future of the WWE brand split has been of much discussion in recent month, with some sources suggesting it will end when SmackDown Live moves to FOX and others saying there is a commitment with the company to keep it going. 

The reason for the conflicting reports is because WWE Chairman Vince McMahon is reportedly constantly changing his mind on the matter and just recently he as done so again. 

Dave Meltzer revealed in the most recent edition of Wrestling Observer Newsletter that there has been discussion about another draft concept to build the Raw and SmackDown rosters. Details remain sketchy as WWE are trying to ensure information doesn't leak, but USA and FOX will be the first to know what the company has planned.

Meltzer speculates that NXT could be involved, and we could see some main roster stars heading to the brand to ensure it is stacked for when it goes live in September.

23 days ago
1/1/01
I wouldn't necessarily be against this if it meant getting underutilized talent back on NXT - Bobby Roode, EC3, Gable, Zack Ryder, Asuka, Kairi, even Samoa Joe.

But I feel like Vince would poach the best names from NXT to other rosters, put mediocre talent nobody cares about on NXT, then stick one or two quasi "bigger names" on there and push 'em to the moon.

I mean, I don't give a shit that he's a former WWE Champion - I don't want NXT turning into the Jinder Mahal show.
23 days ago
12/14/00
I don't mind the brand splits, but only if they stuck to them and had only one world and tag champs. Otherwise it feels like a really diluted product. Then with this wild card crap, I honestly don't have any idea right now who is on which brand.
23 days ago
12/1/11
QTyp - I don't mind the brand splits, but only if they stuck to them and had only one world and tag champs. Otherwise it feels like a really diluted product. Then with this wild card crap, I honestly don't have any idea right now who is on which brand.

You need to have separate champs on both brands or else they they will be burned out even more being on the road 

That’s the reasons why AJ & DB wanted the title off of them they didn’t want to be on the road as much,

23 days ago
10/8/07

I suspect Fox is upset that Ronda isn't active anymore. I know she was one of the big names that was being thrown around to be moving to smackdown when they went on Fox. And whenever she does return I read they plan on reducing her schedule so she only appears every so often.

23 days ago
1/1/01
Random question - did Vince used to bend to the networks before? Or did he get such good ratings that they just never got involved?

It's been fairly well documented over the past few months that Vince has implemented new shit (like the wild card, the Raw reunion, etc) as a result of pressure from USA.

Gotta wonder what that's gonna look like when he's gonna have to rival networks to have to deal with...esp when one has a second show he originally promised to the other.
23 days ago
3/8/04
Sergio -
QTyp - I don't mind the brand splits, but only if they stuck to them and had only one world and tag champs. Otherwise it feels like a really diluted product. Then with this wild card crap, I honestly don't have any idea right now who is on which brand.

You need to have separate champs on both brands or else they they will be burned out even more being on the road 

That’s the reasons why AJ & DB wanted the title off of them they didn’t want to be on the road as much,

That is what the US and IC titles should be for.  1 world champion

23 days ago
12/14/00
jju - 
Sergio -

Despite being a stupid idiot, this guy knows. The world champ needs to be used less anyway. Have them be more of an attraction, but not as much as Brock. They should not be in a match every week, let alone a opening or mid-card. This happens often to guys like Kofi, Seth, Dbry, AJ, etc. I know they are workhorses, but it over-exposes them.
22 days ago
10/3/16

NXT gonna be the new ECW

Here comes Bobby Lashley, NXT Champ!

22 days ago
12/1/11
QTyp -
jju - 
Sergio -

Despite being a stupid idiot, this guy knows. The world champ needs to be used less anyway. Have them be more of an attraction, but not as much as Brock. They should not be in a match every week, let alone a opening or mid-card. This happens often to guys like Kofi, Seth, Dbry, AJ, etc. I know they are workhorses, but it over-exposes them.

When it comes to AJ & D-Bry If WWE puts the World Title on either of them they  cannot use them as much as they have new deals with less than 150 dates per year now, While i will agree it WWE does over expose them, NXT does a great job of displaying their champions.

22 days ago
1/1/01
MarcusAurelioFan -

NXT gonna be the new ECW

Here comes Bobby Lashley, NXT Champ!

sad but true