Art Vandelay's Pro Wrestling Ground Vince McMahon Reportedly Changes SD last minute

28 days ago
3/2/11

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2019/07/vince-mcmahon-reportedly-changes-this-week-wwe-smackdown-657764/

Business as usual

The WWE SmackDown episode that made it to TV this week was completely different than the show that was written, according to Dave Meltzer on Wrestling Observer Radio.

Vince McMahon reportedly showed up at around 4pm ET on Tuesday and decided that he didn't like the show that was written, so it was re-done. Vince reportedly made several changes after 4pm, which is why the Daniel Bryan "career-altering announcement" was delayed again, and why WWE Hall of Famer Shawn Michaels did a MizTV segment instead of commentary as advertised.

Regarding Corey Graves missing this week's SmackDown, word is that he was filming a WWE Studios movie in Vancouver, according to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter. Renee Young is believed to be filming the same movie this week. As noted, Byron Saxton missed the show due to his father passing away this past week. Michael Cole and David Otunga worked commentary with Tom Phillips on the show, and SmackDown Tag Team Champions Big E and Xavier Woodshelped.

As noted, this week's SmackDown episode from Miami was the first that saw new Executive Director Eric Bischoff sit on on the production meetings. Bischoff was reportedly seen spending a lot of time with members of the creative team as well. While Bischoff spent time at the meetings and with the writers, The Observer reports that he had no creative input into the show itself, at least as far as any of their sources could tell.

28 days ago
10/8/07

I read somewhere recently that Bryan's announcement is going to be him moving over to 205 live. I'm sure he's pleased he signed a new contract just to wrestle on a show that maybe 35 people watch.

28 days ago
9/24/18

So Bischoff must not have any actualy power yet? Or this experiment is over already lol

28 days ago
1/1/01
Word is that Bischoff isn't going to have any creative control at all - he was just brought in to be a liaison between WWE & the network.

(And if you want to believe Russo in a recent video podcast he did, this was the role Bischoff put himself in / lobbied for when he got brought on by TNA...and it's not like it did them any favors.)

Re Bryan joining 205 Live - supposedly they wanna mix / combine 205 Live and NXT for when it goes on FS1. They also apparently wanna float main roster talent to NXT to get more eyeballs on it so as to try & siphon more viewers from AEW.
28 days ago
9/24/18

No surprise about Bryan wanting to do that, he's made it known for a while now that he's wanted to wrestle Gargano

28 days ago
1/1/01
The Destroyer88 - 

I read somewhere recently that Bryan's announcement is going to be him moving over to 205 live. I'm sure he's pleased he signed a new contract just to wrestle on a show that maybe 35 people watch.

0% chance Bryan is moving to 205 Live.
28 days ago
10/8/07
RKing85 -
The Destroyer88 - 

That was my initial reaction at first but apparently that's an actual possibility.

27 days ago
1/1/01

205 Live is consistently the best show they have

27 days ago
1/1/01
The Destroyer88 - 
RKing85 -
The Destroyer88 - 

That was my initial reaction at first but apparently that's an actual possibility.

what is less than 0%????

whatever it is, that's what Daniel Bryan moving to 205 is.
27 days ago
1/1/01
If 205 Live stays on the network, he won't go.

If they do like they say & mix it with NXT for FS1, you bet your ass he'll go - even if he doesn't stay long.

I mean, what better way to siphon viewers from AEW than to advertise your new champion (and savior of not only the planet, but the 205 division)! Daniel Bryan?
27 days ago
2/29/16
The Destroyer88 -

He should take Balor and Adam Cole with him. People would actually watch.

27 days ago
10/11/18
The Destroyer88 - 

They're probably hoping he'll bring eyes to the show. Plus with him working with the lighter guys they won't have to worry about him getting crippled everytime he takes a bump.
27 days ago
10/11/18
I don't even know why the writers bother writing scripts and showing up to these meetings at this point. If Vince is just going to show up and change everything at the last minute then let him write it all and then take the blame when the show flops.