11 days ago
1/1/01

Royally fucked over all the Indy shows that had deposits based upon WrestleMania. If they had cancelled last week many of the contracts would have been voided. WrestleCon alone is out over $120,000. All the other shows are eating it as well. 

11 days ago
11/11/11

Could this actually create a trending backlash? All the fans who bought tickets might be pissed the event is still going on

11 days ago
11/11/11

Also what if far more than dick swinging this is representative of vince just having no life and he just needs to keep moving forward creating wrestling content cause the moment he stops he will fall apart

11 days ago
2/29/16
Koma -

Royally fucked over all the Indy shows that had deposits based upon WrestleMania. If they had cancelled last week many of the contracts would have been voided. WrestleCon alone is out over $120,000. All the other shows are eating it as well. 

Hopefully they insured.

11 days ago
1/1/01

There are a bunch of free internet shows today and through WM. Most just asking people to buy merch or make donations if possible. 

11 days ago
6/22/12

It could have the best matches possible on the card, and this would still be the worst wrestlemania of all time if there is no crowd. 

11 days ago
1/1/01

11 days ago
1/1/01

Will Ospreay damn near killed his girlfriend Bea Priestley tonight 

11 days ago
1/1/01
TheBearStare -

Could this actually create a trending backlash? All the fans who bought tickets might be pissed the event is still going on

I think most fans will be fairly understanding. But definitly not all.

Edited: 11 days ago
1/1/01
Mandible_Claw -
Koma -

Hopefully they insured.

I’m clueless on this but apparently many had some sort of “tie-in” clause with WM taking place on a certain date/location. Now with all those fans and WWE cancelling their plans the shows are fucked. Hotels in the area were overbooked and now will be empty. Any sort of convention/event type activity required a 30 day cancellation to get deposits back. Something with the legalese apparently required WWE to pull the plug first prior to the Indies cancelling. By waiting within 30 days WWE fucked over all the associated activities. 

11 days ago
1/1/01

My only source on the above is from local sports radio in Tampa

11 days ago
2/4/07

I mean, you can call it whatever you want, but Wrestlemania doesn't take place in a small, empty arena. Spend a couple million or whatever it takes to get the crowd biohazard suits or something.

11 days ago
6/22/12
Koma -
Mandible_Claw -
Koma -

Hopefully they insured.

I’m clueless on this but apparently many had some sort of “tie-in” clause with WM taking place on a certain date/location. Now with all those fans and WWE cancelling their plans the shows are fucked. Hotels in the area were overbooked and now will be empty. Any sort of convention/event type activity required a 30 day cancellation to get deposits back. Something with the legalese apparently required WWE to pull the plug first prior to the Indies cancelling. By waiting within 30 days WWE fucked over all the associated activities. 

Well Vince has always wanted to be the only show in town, maybe he saw this as an opportunity to fuck over some small guys.

11 days ago
7/12/12
Wiggy -

Postponing it is all but impossible at this point. Because let's be honest - postpone it until when? For how long?

Remember that there's still booking, more shows, etc after Mania.

Trump said in today's press conference that the current recommended climate (self quarantine if you're sick, don't congregate in groups of 10 or more, school from home if at all possible, don't eat in bars, restaurants, or food courts, etc) could last through July or August before covid gets under control.

This means Mania could be postponed until July or August or even later.

Now you're into (and past) SummerSlam territory...do you postpone that, too?

And as long as we're thinking in the medium-to-long term, Survivor Series isn't too far after that.

This isn't about the "best" decision at this point - it's about how to best mitigate losses and make the least worst decision.

And at the PC or not, given that sports have come to a stand still, and as well as a lot of other new entertainment, too, there's likely some legitimacy that Mania could appear on a major network or ESPN or whatever...which is gonna mean some big (and MUCH needed) $$$.

Well they could just make what would have been SummerSlam into "Mania," but I understand that unless they're gonna cease to run shows (unthinkable for Vince, to be sure, though his hand may be forced when a wrestler eventually gets infected), you can't just pause all the top Mania programs and put the guys other storylines...actually you probably can since Taker, Edge, and Goldberg are once/twice a year performers anyway, haha, and just do Brock-Drew relatively soon, the women's matches, etc.

Seems crazy to pass up the gate revenue bump that would come with the Mania name, as opposed to SummerSlam, but I don't doubt that Vince has ruminated on all this more than me, with more information.

I'm just in shock, boys. The idea of shots of this Mania interspersed with other Manias in a highlight package, or anything else in a given performer's career, is just so bizarre. An apropros snapshot of the time, to be sure, but so bizarre.

11 days ago
5/3/02

Vince is so happy, finally Roman will win a title without boos 

11 days ago
1/1/01
Koma -

Video of said killing?

11 days ago
3/7/05
They need to at least have the other wrestlers watching or something. A completely empty arena just doesn't work.
11 days ago
1/1/01
fryabusa - 
Koma -

Video of said killing?

scroll up the page

11 days ago
9/21/19

Rumors are WM will be cancelled after all.  They announced the PC to mitigate the insurance.  

11 days ago
1/1/01

Just heard that WWE was hoping that Tampa/State of FL/Feds would cancel the show for them as they had insurance for that under a natural disaster clause. By pulling the plug or moving the show they gave that up. That is what also screwed the associated Indy shows that already cancelled. Some are actually not officially cancelled despite no longer having any talent booked. Just hoping that a forced cancellation will allow them to get some money back. 

11 days ago
2/4/11

New rumors are Wrestlemania to be moved to MSG in June..

11 days ago
3/7/05
Will Ospreay's neck is going to be FUCKED by the time he is 40
11 days ago
2/4/07
armbarheelhook -

New rumors are Wrestlemania to be moved to MSG in June..

This would be much better if true

11 days ago
2/4/07

When I watched a bit of Raw last night, it felt like I was watching actors practicing for a play.

11 days ago
3/7/05
Sandy Pantz - 

When I watched a bit of Raw last night, it felt like I was watching actors practicing for a play.

And it definitely highlights the workers. Cesaro and Bryan looked great, a lot of other matches not so much. Working empty shows is really going to make a lot of the WWE wrestlers look REALLY bad.