Edited: 15 days ago
1/1/01

New Day have been split up with Kofi & Woods to Raw and Big E staying on SD.

Heavy Machinery has been split up with Otis staying SD and Tucker going to Raw.

(As an aside - all the members of New Day and both Otis & Tucker coulda been taken in one pick since they were teams. So the kayfabe reason for *not* taking everyone at once is...?)

Miz & Morrison (who have been feuding with Otis over the MITB contract) also to Raw.

All the Mysterios, Rollins, and Murphy all to SD because why not keep beating that dead horse of a feud, but on a different show?

jeez...

15 days ago
1/1/01

Biance Belair also to SD, Gulak to Raw, AJ to Raw, Naomi to Raw, Dana Brooke to Raw.

Drew, Roman, Asuka, Garza, Hurt Business, Sasha, Shayna & Snax, Ricochet, Jey Uso, Humberto & Kalisto all stay put.

15 days ago
1/1/01

Really should have turned Big E or Tucker heel to cause a split. Nothing like fucking up two teams and getting no story line; especially New Day.

14 days ago
1/1/01

So why no NXT draft picks?  Also what are the chances the New Day loses the straps to a team going to Smackdown?

Edited: 14 days ago
7/12/12

If they give us a kayfabe reason not to keep the teams together and draft a guy like Big E free of charge, it's just gonna be more insulting to the intelligence than no explanation at all.

Not that I don't consider Tucker a mentionable asset, but one could argue there's better "free agents" available. Murphy is out there undrafted, for example. And perhaps the shows have a salary cap or roster limit, in my fantasy world where this shit isn't all arbitrary and made up anew on the next whim.

14 days ago
1/1/01
Size - 

If they give us a kayfabe reason not to keep the teams together and draft a guy like Big E free of charge, it's just gonna be more insulting to the intelligence than no explanation at all.

Not that I don't consider Tucker a mentionable asset, but one could argue there's better "free agents" available. Murphy is out there undrafted, for example. And perhaps the shows have a salary cap or roster limit, in my fantasy world where this shit isn't all arbitrary and made up anew on the next whim.

Murphy got drafted to SD in the same "round" Tucker got drafted to Raw this morning.

Tucker was the very last pick in the first available crop of talent.

Pretty sure his WWE career is about to go nowhere real fast.

14 days ago
7/12/12
Wiggy -
Size - 

Murphy got drafted to SD in the same "round" Tucker got drafted to Raw this morning.

Tucker was the very last pick in the first available crop of talent.

Pretty sure his WWE career is about to go nowhere real fast.

Ah, so we've already gone from "the undrafted are free agents" to the undrafted are drafted in a non-televised morning draft, ok, lol.

Sadly, if Tucker doesn't come up with some totally new gimmick or get one from Vince, his only hope is to hang on to his job until Vince gets tired of pushing Otis as a singles guy. ...aside from further down the road, I can see him flourishing in New Japan and/or ROH and parlaying that into another run. He's a skilled wrestler, big guy, solid in charisma and mic skills; he has everything except a defined physique and distinct personality/character. He'll be golden if he can fix the character issue, and if he makes a jump in the physique department Vince will be creatively motivated to give him a good gimmick, or story that a good gimmick grows out of.

Edited: 14 days ago
5/13/05

ThIs draft is garbage. WWE can't seem to do anything right.

13 days ago
8/20/15

They shouldn't even do drafts at this point.

12 days ago
12/14/00

I honestly barely know who is on what show to begin with, especially when they do these guest appearances. My gf casually watches with me between her snapchats, and she asked if everyone had a championship...

12 days ago
1/1/01

Looks like Raw has subsequently got Bray (so much for the universal title feud), Braun, Riddle, Hardy, Shaymoose, Nikki Cross, Lacey Evans, & Lucha House Party.

SD has subsequently got KO, Aleister Black, Crews, Nattie, Street Profits, Ziggler & Roode.

I love how Braun has been on Raw Underground off & on for weeks, is drafted to Raw, but is still getting a shot at the universal title on Friday. Makes great booking sense.

I also love how the whole idea of the draft is to shake things up, yet they just draft EVERYONE INVOLVED in multiple feuds to new brands so they can keep the same tired shit going, only on different brands.

(Rollins, Murphy & Mysterios - I'm looking at you, here. You too, KO & Black.)

I started off this thread talking about breaking up the New Day and Heavy Machinery - even though there was NO storyline whatsoever behind either of these breakups.

Oh, and the one stable / group that DID have a split-up storyline going (Kalisto & Lucha House Party)? They just went ahead & got drafted to different shows (Kalisto on SD, LHP on Raw). So at least there was a fitting conclusion to that storyline.

Legit LMAO WWE...does anyone...and I mean ANYONE...have any goddamned clue what in the holy mother of fuck they're doing over there?

Edited: 12 days ago
7/12/12

Guess Raw will be the main roster show I watch now. I preferred just keeping up on the two hour show, but it's fine. Will be great to see Asuka more, on top of my other favorites which have moved (AJ, Bray, Alexa, Lacey). Asuka tangling with Fiendish Alexa and HIM...the possibilities! Too bad Raw lost Murphy, but Gulak coming over mostly makes up for it, though I'm afraid of him fading into obscurity. I'll continue not seeing much of Dominic's non-PPV work I suppose. His development is one of the more interesting things going on in the company, for my money.

I'll miss Otis and...even Roman, lol. But I'm not gonna risk getting sucked into episodes I'll regret spending time on just to see them and the others mentioned...though the risk is less with a two hour show than it was for Raw, so we'll see what happens. I get a good deal of Otis tomfoolery on instagram, and I can catch up enough on Roman and Mysterio stories in PPV video packages.

12 days ago
7/12/12

Wiggy, did you want to see The Fiend have a universal title feud? I was just expecting him to be fed to THE BIG DOG so I'm pleased it's off now.

11 days ago
1/1/01
Size - 

Wiggy, did you want to see The Fiend have a universal title feud? I was just expecting him to be fed to THE BIG DOG so I'm pleased it's off now.

I did if it meant he was gonna win. But if he was just gonna be more Roman fodder (be Roman face or heel), then no thanks. I'm just getting tired of the Fiend getting these stupidly short runs that make him look like a transitional champ at best. Put the belt on him and give him a good fucking run.

I'm *really* liking him & Alexa being together, HOWEVER I do worry that Alexa is gonna end up being the focus.

Like instead of Bray / the Fiend being the focus and Alexa being a good follower (which is how it should be), now that Alexa has changed, the eyes will be on her and the Fiend will be there like in a supportive role.

(If that makes sense.)

That said, I'd be all for a Fiend supporting Alexa feud with Asuka for the women's strap. I'd *really* like to see Fiend & Alexa with both top Raw straps, but of all the people that could (will) end up taking the belt off Drew, Bray ain't gonna be one of 'em.

11 days ago
2/29/16

Raw really needed The Fiend.