Art Vandelay's Pro Wrestling Ground Will there ever be an English WWE champion?

12 days ago
8/2/05

There have been many contenders over the years and there are some outside the company that haven’t been brought in like Nick Aldis (seriously huge guy I saw him at a convention stood next to Al Snow).

Vince seems to be very pro Ireland and Scotland I wonder if he has some bias in that regard.

Barrett made any gimmick he had get over.

Regal was incredible as a heel

Burchill was a beast but given a pirate gimmick which he still got over but Vince didn’t understand it and hadnt seen Pirates of the Caribbean.

The Bulldogs were either too small for the time or smacked off their tits

12 days ago
8/14/12

Jack gallagher

11 days ago
1/1/01

It certainly could happen. Remember that Jinder got pushed when WWE was trying to increase the market in India (even though he’s Canadian). If there is a PPV event in London I can see them pushing an English wrestler to either win or defend.

11 days ago
2/29/16

Bulldog came close in 95 and 96, according to Bruce Prichard. 

11 days ago
8/2/05

When I went to Smackdown live Cena said he was pushing for a wrestlemania in the UK. That Summerslam at Wembley must have been such a cool event to go to. 

So I suppose its not unrealistic like you guys say if there was an event and a decent contender

11 days ago
11/11/11

Smacked off their tits is the greatest expression ever

11 days ago
1/1/01
ever is a long time. Some day it will happen.
11 days ago
2/29/16
RedDragonUK -

When I went to Smackdown live Cena said he was pushing for a wrestlemania in the UK. That Summerslam at Wembley must have been such a cool event to go to. 

So I suppose its not unrealistic like you guys say if there was an event and a decent contender

It's getting ridiculous with WWE not going elsewhere for big events.

Fuck Brooklyn. Seriously. 

11 days ago
1/22/05
RedDragonUK - 

There have been many contenders over the years and there are some outside the company that haven’t been brought in like Nick Aldis (seriously huge guy I saw him at a convention stood next to Al Snow).

Vince seems to be very pro Ireland and Scotland I wonder if he has some bias in that regard.

Burchill was a beast but given a pirate gimmick which he still got over but Vince didn’t understand it and hadnt seen Pirates of the Caribbean.

No bias.

There haven't been any English wrestlers that could have been champion with the exception of BNB. British Bulldog competed in an era with mega stars like Austin and the Rock, Bret Hart and Shawn Michaels. Regal was a drug addict with poor physique, he was never going to be marketable as a champion. Burchill was forgettable and nobody was putting a world title on him.

Bad News Barrett was your best chance, but between Lesnar coming back and Daniel Bryan's run - it was difficult for him to maintain traction. I think if he stayed in WWE long enough, he would have eventually probably won one of the major titles.

The WWE title and Universal title don't mean anything anyways. World titles lost their meaning a long time ago in WWE.
11 days ago
3/12/14

What happens first? Black champ, or tea sipper champ?

(Fully black champ, not the Rock)

11 days ago
2/4/11
Conor McGazelle -

Did you forget about the World's Strongest Man already becoming WWE Heavyweight Champ.. From Silsbee, Texas..

11 days ago
1/1/01
JOB - 
RedDragonUK - 

No bias.

There haven't been any English wrestlers that could have been champion with the exception of BNB. British Bulldog competed in an era with mega stars like Austin and the Rock, Bret Hart and Shawn Michaels. Regal was a drug addict with poor physique, he was never going to be marketable as a champion. Burchill was forgettable and nobody was putting a world title on him.

Bad News Barrett was your best chance, but between Lesnar coming back and Daniel Bryan's run - it was difficult for him to maintain traction. I think if he stayed in WWE long enough, he would have eventually probably won one of the major titles.

The WWE title and Universal title don't mean anything anyways. World titles lost their meaning a long time ago in WWE.

I disagree slightly on Bulldog. He would have been able to possibly have a run in the 93-94 point, after his IC run. He was almost as over as Bret and Shawn during that point, and it was before Austin hit WWE and Rock was still at Miami.

Regal assessment is accurate. I think I've read they considered putting the title on him, but he failed a test.

The problem now is that the English people who are over and/or have the personality to get over are too small in Vince's eyes. I'm 100% sure that either Pete Dunne or Jack Gallagher have the personality for it, but I'm also sure they don't have the size in Vince's eyes.
10 days ago
1/1/01

My pick would be Nick Aldis. I don’t see that he has a downside. Plus he’s married to Mickie James so you know he can deal with crazy pussy.

10 days ago
3/12/14
armbarheelhook -
Conor McGazelle -

Did you forget about the World's Strongest Man already becoming WWE Heavyweight Champ.. From Silsbee, Texas..

Big gold belt =/= WWF(E) Champ.

10 days ago
1/8/04
Mandible_Claw - 
RedDragonUK -

Hey, take it easy bro.
10 days ago
1/1/01
Siciliano di Brooklyn -
Mandible_Claw - 
RedDragonUK -

Hey, take it easy bro.

Shit just got real!

10 days ago
2/29/16
Siciliano di Brooklyn -
Mandible_Claw - 
RedDragonUK -

Hey, take it easy bro.

I want a Canadian Summerslam!

9 days ago
1/8/04
Summerslam 97 was Canadian as fuck.
9 days ago
1/1/01
Mandible_Claw -
Siciliano di Brooklyn -
Mandible_Claw - 
RedDragonUK -

Hey, take it easy bro.

Sounds like a sex act involving maple syrup, a moose and a hockey stick.

9 days ago
11/11/11
Koma -
Mandible_Claw -
Siciliano di Brooklyn -
Mandible_Claw - 
RedDragonUK -

Hey, take it easy bro.

Sounds like a sex act involving maple syrup, a moose and a hockey stick.

And a lot of sweat

9 days ago
3/26/02
Koma - 

My pick would be Nick Aldis. I don’t see that he has a downside. Plus he’s married to Mickie James so you know he can deal with crazy pussy.

But what is he like as a worker? His match with Cody at All In wasn't exactly awe-inspiring. I haven't seen any of his other work.
9 days ago
8/2/05
AtomicElbow -
Koma - 

But what is he like as a worker? His match with Cody at All In wasn't exactly awe-inspiring. I haven't seen any of his other work.

Better than Great Khali but worse than AJ styles