Art Vandelay's Pro Wrestling Ground WrastleMania starting to take shape

23 days ago
9/22/16

Here's what we've got so far:

Drew McIntyre vs Brock Lesnar (WWE Champ)
Roman Reigns vs The Fiend (Universal)
Randy Orton vs Edge (this might be fantastic?)

23 days ago
5/13/05

I want to see McIntyre win but not if it means that Reigns will beat the Fiend. I would rather have the the Fiend not lose for a long time unless it is a triple threat where he is not pinned to lose.

23 days ago
1/1/01

I think Edge is supposed to face AJ (pending his status after last night's injury).

And unless something significant happens with Honda returning or Shayna showing up on Raw TONIGHT, I'm guessing we'll have Charlotte vs Becky for 847th time.

Edited: 23 days ago
1/1/01

I'm also betting they'll find a way to drag the Miz & Morrison vs New Day feud until a tag title match at Mania.I've also heard that Cena wants a legit build-up / feud into a match at Mania, as well.

23 days ago
3/7/05

Cena vs his barber with nikki 'trash bag ho' bella's divorce attorney as the ref?

23 days ago
9/21/19
Wiggy - I think Edge is supposed to face AJ (pending his status after last night's injury).

And unless something significant happens with Honda returning or Shayna showing up on Raw TONIGHT, I'm guessing we'll have Charlotte vs Becky for 847th time.

Nah Meltzer said the plan all along was Orton.  

23 days ago
7/12/12
RumBarLife -
Wiggy - I think Edge is supposed to face AJ (pending his status after last night's injury).

Meltzer's wrong about tons of shit these days.

23 days ago
10/8/07

Big fan of Drew. I hope they put the belt on him finally but I have a feeling they just make him look strong and keep it on Brock.

23 days ago
7/12/12

The sign is absurdly big this year.

23 days ago
7/12/12

Lol Charlotte heeling it up bragging, teases announcing who she's challenging and stops short to barely any reaction.

Then Asuka with an awesome promo to set up a match tonight. I love when she says "Ha ha ha."

22 days ago
12/28/12

Looks like another weak card. Eight hours of misery

22 days ago
8/6/06
RumBarLife -

That means so little at this point.

22 days ago
1/1/01

Well at least so far no mention of Tyson Fury or Cain.

22 days ago
3/7/05

I think people are tired of Charlotte. And man she really fucked herself up with plastic surgery, she needs therapy.

22 days ago
3/8/04

I think Charlotte challenges Rhea Ripley.  Maybe I am just hoping.  Don't want to see her against Bay8 or Becky.

22 days ago
1/1/01
jju - 

I think Charlotte challenges Rhea Ripley.  Maybe I am just hoping.  Don't want to see her against Bay8 or Becky.

Vince didn't even watch, let alone give a shit about NXT until AEW came turned out to be legit & he could use it (NXT) to possibly thwart AEW's ratings.

Now that AEW has gotten a contract extension and Vince knows they're not going away anytime soon, he'll let go of any minuscule fucks he did start to give about it. This will be even more so, I'm betting, now that the XFL is about to start.

Point being - there is no chance in hell (<==pun intended) he's, in his mind, "wasting" Charlotte on an NXT champ.
22 days ago
12/30/03

WWE needs to waste their money with a plan behind it. When someone is over exposed and loses their title (Charlotte) keep them off TV for a while. Pay them to stay off social media and make sure only the right people know when they are coming back. 

Had Charlotte lost to Becky Lynch and taken three months off without so much as a mention only to run in and cost someone red hot their title, she's going to have heat . 

They have a super deep roster, they use that advantage to keep people healthy with regular breaks and keep their top talent interesting. 

They have guys like Buddy Murphy and Aleister Black who can work incredible matches. They have plenty of high spot guys who can play their part. 

Raw should start with the card being announced. There can be changes to the card for story line purposes but announcing the full card to start the show would look better than announcing one or two matches then cluster bombing impromptu matches in, making it seem like there is no rhyme or reason for anything. 

The wrestlers can be wacky but the refs and the organization itself should seem like they have their shit together and it's only the wrestlers who fuck it up. 

22 days ago
1/1/01

Apparently now there's speculation that they wanna make Charlotte a grand slam champ, so they're gonna have her team up with someone and use her title shot against Asuka / Sane for the tag belts.

21 days ago
9/24/18
Size -
RumBarLife -

Meltzer's wrong about tons of shit these days.

Meltzer is always wrong, except it's always just due to plans changing lol 

21 days ago
7/12/12
Wiggy - Apparently now there's speculation that they wanna make Charlotte a grand slam champ, so they're gonna have her team up with someone and use her title shot against Asuka / Sane for the tag belts.

Rumble shot exchanged for a tag title opportunity? Hard to believe, but who knows with the mad king these days.

Seems like the Charlotte character could easily have her cake and eat it too with no tag challengers on the horizon.

Anything that keeps her from being back as singles champ already or yet another Mania main women's title match is preferable, but whatever.

5 days ago
1/1/01

According to today's WrestleTalk video, Goldberg's appearance on SmackDown last week (even though he wasn't actually at the show) drastically spiked the ratings for that quarter-hour - like a *lot*.

So much so, in fact, that apparently, there's talk of mixing up some of the matches at Mania.

Speculation is that Goldberg could face Roman Reigns so as to get Goldberg on tv more often, continually boosting ratings and getting more sign-ups for the WWE network for Mania. (I'd actually like this because I think it'd be up in the air as to who would win.)

This leaves the Fiend needing an opponent, who could end up being John Cena, who has been said to want a legit build-up / feud leading to a match at Mania this year.

It's also now being rumored that Undertaker will face AJ...which if I'm honest, think could end up being a really good match.

5 days ago
12/28/12

it's crazy that they're still wasting 30 mins each year on the undertaker

5 days ago
7/12/12

^Well they're just adding 30 more minutes that wouldn't be there otherwise (one would hope) and keeping him from working in any capacity elsewhere.

And they, as a mega AJ mark, this would be momentous if it happens. AJ can further solidify his legacy as an all-time great with a great Mania match with Taker at this point. He could be up for sainthood if it happens, cause he'd be certified a miracle worker. I want to believe.

5 days ago
1/1/01

Whether we like it or not, Taker is still a draw, if just for nostalgia. However, he's getting to (way past) the point where his in-ring performance is doing his appearances more harm than good...even for Mania.

However, if there's ANYONE that could get a good match out of UT at this point, it's AJ.

He's smaller (easier for Taker to manipulate), sells like a mofo (without going over the top), and knows how to tell a story in the ring.

If you gave me the choice of Taker/AJ vs a Taker/Goldberg do-over, I'd take Taker/AJ all day long.

5 days ago
2/29/16

Drew is doing the job for Lesnar.