3/30/15 1:46 AM
5/22/12
tontobalboa - Seems like a possible return to a TV14 product or at least a shift from the PG era with the blood, especially with the announcers making note of it and the "McMahon's Johnson" line?
PPV vs TV Phone Post
Edited: 3/30/15 2:05 AM
3/2/11

The HHH -Sting match was by far the biggest turd and really only, besides burying Bray which was predictable, of the night and was a clear Vince and HHH ego show to revive a grudge from a moment that happened 14 years ago. Lapsed fan is going off about it right now lol

-Shawn is friends with Hall and Nash

-They were all in a promo with HHH two months ago

-Hogan was in Hulkamania gear last week

-Nash was inducted into the WWE HOF last night why would any of these guy care about defending WCW 14 years later?

Such a Vince self-fellating moment. Whether you like Sting or not, the match could have been just booked less retarded and with complete fail logic. We get it Vince you will never get over being offended WCW beat you for a little while on Monday Night.

Edited: 3/30/15 1:55 AM
3/2/11

"As a stated earlier, I'm wearing orthopedic shoes, so I stand corrected"

-Lawler

lol Jesus Fucking Christ, I must have missed that at the end of the Divas Match.

3/30/15 1:58 AM
5/29/11
This was a damn good Mania. Loved it. Phone Post 3.0
3/30/15 2:08 AM
3/2/11

Also has any figured out what was with the Lana Shoe throw?

3/30/15 2:19 AM
5/22/12
ChaosOverkill -

Distraction. Ultimately it was just a way for her to be able to take off her heels so she could take the bump off the ring and not break an ankle. Phone Post
3/30/15 2:22 AM
3/2/11
3 Sided Square - 
ChaosOverkill -

Distraction. Ultimately it was just a way for her to be able to take off her heels so she could take the bump off the ring and not break an ankle. Phone Post

yeah that makes sense

3/30/15 2:40 AM
5/22/12
Not that it changes much, except maybe Lesnar avoiding a concussion, but I think the cut to the head wasn't on the post but the exposed wire/nut/bolts that hold the turnbuckles to the post. It looks like his head is behind the post from the camera's point of view.

He still got legit cut, but it's a bit reassuring to know he didn't have to slam his head straight onto a solid pole to do it.
3/30/15 2:49 AM
10/27/10
RKing85 - I know it's now how the WWE does things, but I too thought Rollins should have beaten Orton.
That's because you're not happy with anything and always find some way to complain Phone Post 3.0
3/30/15 2:51 AM
10/27/10
ChaosOverkill -

They need someone better than Cole though, Michael Cole is such horseshit.

There's apparently a video of his mic being hot during a promo or something and kissing someone's (Vince) ass, telling him what to say (Likely to bury Sting and WCW over and over spam spam spam)

"Yes sir, yes sir, absolutely sir, I will remind them sir, anything you want sir"

The Clip is like a year old or more. Way before sting and all the WcW talk had been brought up lately. It's probably Cole complaining about the constant shilling of the network. Phone Post 3.0
3/30/15 2:54 AM
3/2/11

I just got back from Suplex City, what disorienting place.

3/30/15 2:55 AM
3/2/11
Juggernautt - 
ChaosOverkill -

They need someone better than Cole though, Michael Cole is such horseshit.

There's apparently a video of his mic being hot during a promo or something and kissing someone's (Vince) ass, telling him what to say (Likely to bury Sting and WCW over and over spam spam spam)

"Yes sir, yes sir, absolutely sir, I will remind them sir, anything you want sir"

The Clip is like a year old or more. Way before sting and all the WcW talk had been brought up lately. It's probably Cole complaining about the constant shilling of the network. Phone Post 3.0

lol thanks, I caught only part of the mention on the Lapsed Fan podcast tonight.

3/30/15 2:57 AM
10/27/10
ChaosOverkill -

The HHH -Sting match was by far the biggest turd and really only, besides burying Bray which was predictable, of the night and was a clear Vince and HHH ego show to revive a grudge from a moment that happened 14 years ago. Lapsed fan is going off about it right now lol

-Nash was inducted into the WWE HOF last night why would any of these guy care about defending WCW 14 years later?

Such a Vince self-fellating moment. Whether you like Sting or not, the match could have been just booked less retarded and with complete fail logic. We get it Vince you will never get over being offended WCW beat you for a little while on Monday Night.

Omg go cry more, please. Seriously, fans like you are why I hate wrestling sometimes, even worse then the typical hardcore mma fan.

Do you not understand what it means to be buried? Because bray certainly wasn't. Curtis Axel, Now that's a burial. Bray was featured in one of the marquee matches at the biggest pay per view event of the company, and got a good twenty minutes to work his match and tell his story. That story being told with one of the greatest of all time, the undertaker. He also was made to look super strong in that he kicked out of the tombstone and it took two of them to put him out. He is living out his dream and getting paid to do what he Loves at the biggest event of what he does with the best of the best in what he does.

I'd love for wwe to bury me like that. Phone Post 3.0
3/30/15 2:59 AM
10/27/10
Sorry I came off like such a dick with my first line there. Vote up for that.

But yeah, I hate when people say someone is buried when they clearly aren't. Phone Post 3.0
Edited: 3/30/15 4:00 AM
3/2/11
Juggernautt - Sorry I came off like such a dick with my first line there. Vote up for that.

But yeah, I hate when people say someone is buried when they clearly aren't. Phone Post 3.0

Ok I used the wrong word but, Undertaker is not a long term character any more, I agreed with something they said on the podcast that it's hard on his type of puppet master charcter to keep building him up and knocking him down then expecting people to have short memories if they need him or use him repeatedly like this when he's clearly of a quality on the mic and getting better and better in the ring. They could use for more of him in a serious very slow burn role, this feud was nice but Undertaker vs almost any anyone really works, Bray's time is now, like on the podcast, they seem to build him up and then just knockdown his heel gains.

Unless Undertaker is sticking around and they trade wins and losses, it was just a nice match that could have happened at Survivor or somewhere else. They didn't even build it up like they could have. People also consider Undertaker physically done so him dominating Bray to make him look strong kind of conflicts with Undertaker's age at this point. I think mainly, the buildup really didn't give me the sense that the winner was ever questionable, I don't think that's good for Bray regardless of who Undertaker is, Bray should be in event buildups where you don't know who's going to win in his matches IMO.

Hey I loved the night, I just continue to be mystified with some of their uses with guys, it's just the way I see WWE and it gets covered up by them having no viable competition. Their best work was always out of competitive necessity, no, you're right they didn't bury him, but I don't think that did that much for him as he is now without a feud post mania unless Undertaker is sticking, which if he does, do they even continue this?

Edited: 3/30/15 3:58 AM
3/2/11

I've also watched a bunch of Cornette interviews where he talks about the benefits of slow burn payoffs with certain types of guys and how the booking started to become about either spamming one guy so long that people get sick (CENA and HHH) or they panic at the first so-so reaction to a point in a slow burn with someone coming up from the midcard and fastplay to move on and start again and I think it applies to Brays storylines in the last year, he gets matched up with someone people see as over his head and then Bray falls to it within one major event or two, some people would like to see that be extended much longer by now. The mania payoff was going to be fun because it's Undertaker either way but Bray's capable of so much more now. 5 Years ago version of Undertaker, a feud with him would have been THE feud to have him in over 6-12 months but obviously that is a timing problem and they figured they would feed him to Undertaker for the redemption fight, but at this point one event build up where Undertaker was obviously going to win doesn't spring board him into high name feud where he should be for the next 6-12 months.

3/30/15 4:53 AM
8/23/13
Rewatch we the main event, super stiff match. That Phone Post 3.0
3/30/15 4:57 AM
8/23/13
That last spear looked like Brock was back in MMA. And that clothesline was brutal reigns took. Stiffest part was me when Rollins won though! Phone Post 3.0
3/30/15 5:52 AM
1/1/01
ChaosOverkill - 

I actually think this is spot on, except for the comment about the Bray bury.

I think Bray looks at it differently than we do. He can always look back and say he had a good match with The Undertaker at Wrestlemania. A loss to The Undertaker doesn't hurt him.

But, as stated above, you nailed the Sting/HH/Vince/WCW thing, in my opinion.
3/30/15 6:53 AM
8/2/05
Yeah the Sting thing was really just pathetic. Vince could have put somebody else against Sting if that was what he was going to do. I enjoyed this mania aside from
That match oh and HHH in your dreams you beat Rock more than he beat you. Phone Post 3.0
3/30/15 10:30 AM
8/9/14
Juggernautt - 
RKing85 - I know it's now how the WWE does things, but I too thought Rollins should have beaten Orton.
That's because you're not happy with anything and always find some way to complain Phone Post 3.0

Yea...I fuckin hate these people...especially some wrestling podcasts like Wrestling Soup and the Don Tony/Kevin Castle show. They always have shit to complain about
3/30/15 10:31 AM
8/9/14
I love how people thinks it matters so much on who wins.
It's the entertainment folks. What really changes if sting won? Don't you think the moment and memory is good enough? It was entertaining
3/30/15 12:59 PM
9/10/13
Juggernautt -
Yeah I loved orton winning
1. Bc it sets up a good fued or continues it bc it makes orton a big contender

2. That RKO outta nowhere! Phone Post 3.0
3/30/15 1:57 PM
1/29/12
cool hand Ed - 
ChaosOverkill - 

I think Bray looks at it differently than we do. He can always look back and say he had a good match with The Undertaker at Wrestlemania. A loss to The Undertaker doesn't hurt him.

Agreed, spot on except the bray part

With taker you have to remember he comes from a time of kayfabe and his entire gimmick at this point is that he is a God at wrestlemania.
A loss but a good showing to Taker at mania in no way hurts bray.
I will admit that I don't know where bray goes from here though. I'm trying to think and I can't come up with anyone for him to fued with, interested to find out tonight
Edited: 3/30/15 2:59 PM
3/2/11
krs82 - 
cool hand Ed - 
ChaosOverkill - 

Agreed, spot on except the bray part

With taker you have to remember he comes from a time of kayfabe and his entire gimmick at this point is that he is a God at wrestlemania.
A loss but a good showing to Taker at mania in no way hurts bray.
I will admit that I don't know where bray goes from here though. I'm trying to think and I can't come up with anyone for him to fued with, interested to find out tonight

Agree and the last line is why I think Taker vs Sting was the best situation for all of this.

Short term stay vs Short term stay legends match with two auras that people have wanted to promo against each other for two decades,  and have Bray in the first major event of a slow burn story with someone.

To PhillyFan you and I don't gave to agree for you to have enjoyed the event and for me to have enjoyed it with an asterisk. When you grow up you'll learn that people can think what they please and raging over it is on you.

Sting being used badly, taints the moment. You don't care? Great, thank the universe I'm not you and this is a free to use internet site with a discussion that isn't written to follow your desires.

If what they did, prevents Taker vs Sting (A better WM moment than Sting vs HHH and Bray vs Taker combined by about 1000 percent), then they threw away a 15 year + building showdown people have been clamoring for, so HHH and Vince could have their 300th victory lap about beating WCW with insanely badly written logic. Gay. They wasted Sting's pop on a victory lap job. Classic Vince.