Art Vandelay's Pro Wrestling Ground Wrestling podcasts you listen to.

18 days ago
12/30/03

I can't listen to Talk is Jericho. I like Conrad's. 

I liked Raven's podast alot but it wasn't always wrestling related. He had alot of hot takes on the Saudi shows if memory serves. Basically that it sucks the younger guys have to go sing and dance for murderers and rapists.

Edited: 18 days ago
8/31/07

The List and Ya Boy

PWR Primetime with Hurricane

Arn

Talk is Jericho

AEW Unrestricted

These are my favorites of each type of rasslin podcast.

Some I like but are too long for me these days, Lapsed Fan was laugh out loud funniest I've heard, but 6 hours discussing a 3 hour show, c'mon.

Keepin it Strong another that had promise to hit my rotation, but real lengthy.

18 days ago
5/3/12

Who should Conrad have as a co-host for an ECW podcast?

You just know it's gonna happen.

18 days ago
8/31/07

^Heyman

18 days ago
3/31/14

Any one else get creeped out by Conrad an Bruce talking about blue chew an there hard ons haha..gross

18 days ago
1/1/01

Post Wrestling

17 days ago
4/22/07
Bukkaked by Bombers -

Any one else get creeped out by Conrad an Bruce talking about blue chew an there hard ons haha..gross

No, those pussies dont even give measurements

16 days ago
8/14/12
Bukkaked by Bombers -

Can't believe that guy is flairs son in law

16 days ago
11/11/11
edward nigma -
Bukkaked by Bombers -

Ultimate money mark!

16 days ago
11/11/11
Bukkaked by Bombers -

I get creeped out when jim ross does it. Doesnt help his wife died a year or 2 ago. Very curious to know his comfort level with it despite him obviously appreciating the humor involved

16 days ago
3/31/14
edward nigma -
Bukkaked by Bombers -

He must have a really good personality, or rich

16 days ago
3/8/04
Bukkaked by Bombers -
jju -
Bukkaked by Bombers -

The wrestlers review is my new favourite 

they give no fucks an are hilarious..to me

I started binging them.  I listened to them too fast though.  Their political bullshit just got to be too much for me.  I can't stand listening to them now.  If I took my time, I would probably still listen.

I just block out any political talk, shit is funny as fuck, especially the Virgil episode 

It's not exactly politics.  Its them going on and on acting like they are the only two non racist white men on the planet.

Like I said though.  If I didn't binge it, I would probably still be listening to it

12 days ago
8/19/03

About 3/4 through my first Bischoff podcast.  I like it a lot.  Because I work in business, I like how he approaches things from not just a wrestling perspective but also from an executive perspective as well.  Listening to how he had to thread so many needles between production, talent management, legal, and Turner Broadcasting is really interesting. 

Edited: 11 days ago
7/13/09

Anyone hear the two hours of JR telling Conrad what a genius Cornette is and how it hurts his feelings about what he says about his company but he’s still one of the greatest minds in the business and is correct about a lot of the stuff he says about AEW?

‘Twas a good one LOL. 

11 days ago
8/19/03
JJitsu -

Anyone hear the two hours of JR telling Conrad what a genius Cornette is and how it hurts his feelings about what he says about his company but he’s still one of the greatest minds in the business and is correct about a lot of the stuff he says about AEW?

‘Twas a good one LOL. 

I did.  Most of what he said was fine (and true, by my measure).  Challenging spot for JR to be in, seeing as he currently works for the company, but you've got to know goddamn well as he's sitting there watching a ring full of transvestites doing triple backflips with their hands in their pockets that he's got to at least occasionally realize that some of what Cornette says has merit. The difference is, JR has employment interests to look after, so he can't just come out and blast it directly, though he's made many comments, both during the Cornette episode and others, about certain amounts of their talent just refusing to accept or implement critique.

And yes, if you wanted a fast talking, dick head, heel 80s manager anywhere outside of the WWF, Cornette was at the top of the heap. 

10 days ago
8/14/12
WaltJ -

About 3/4 through my first Bischoff podcast.  I like it a lot.  Because I work in business, I like how he approaches things from not just a wrestling perspective but also from an executive perspective as well.  Listening to how he had to thread so many needles between production, talent management, legal, and Turner Broadcasting is really interesting. 

What you do in the business ? 

Edited: 10 days ago
8/19/03
edward nigma -
WaltJ -

What you do in the business ? 

Bit of a typo on my part.  I don't work in the wrestling business.  I work in business, in a general sense.

I'm a few Bischoff podcasts in now and really liking it.  Bischoff does an excellent job of explaining the BUSINESS side of wrestling, and really adds color to the difference between wwe and wcw.  It's for more complex than "one sucks and the other is better".  One was a wrestling company, the other was a network television property.  Governed two very different ways, under two very different rule sets.  Bischoff is awesome at differentiating the two.  It was painfully apparent, many times over, that no matter how profitable or successful the WCW product was, the executive brass' hubris and disdain for the product made it doomed for failure. 

You gotta remember, at one point, wrestling was the hottest shit on television, doing over 5.0 ratings for just WCW Nitro alone.  The fact that they de-resourced it and set it on course for the iceberg from a corporate and financial standpoint is pretty incredible.  As Bischoff said, WWF was there to improve their wrestling product.  WCW was there to draw eyes to the Network and lose as little money as possible.  The actual wrestling product was inconsequential to any executive not named Ted Turner. 

Conrad Thompson is at his best with Bischoff.  He at times goes in on Bischoff big time for Bischoff's own bullshit and double talk.

Highly recommended if you really want an in depth understanding of why wcw succeeded and failed at various points.  Huge myth debunker. 

10 days ago
11/11/11

Yeah the bischoff podcast is great. He gives long drawn out answers to stuff but its very thorough and informative as a result.

10 days ago
2/24/19

Thank you Conrad - Clap, Clap ... Clap, Clap, Clap!

Many enjoyable hours listening to these. Arn is by far my favorite. 

I like the Stone Cold episodes too like the ones with Kamala, Ivan Koloff, etc. 

Used to enjoy the Piper ones as well until he brought that broken down comedian on as a co host. RIP Hot Rod.