Art Vandelay's Pro Wrestling Ground Writers & HHH Frustrated With Vince McMahon

Edited: 4 days ago
12/1/11

I

It came to light recently that Triple H on Twitter liked and then un-liked some tweets that were critical of the current WWE product, this of course got a lot of people talking with rumors that morale in the company is at its lowest for a long time.

A source close to several WWE writers recently called into PWTorch.com podcast to reveal the writers had been drinking and vented to the caller about Vince McMahon. Here is what he had to say.

“No one should rip on WWE creative. They have some of the most brilliant, unbelievable cool ideas that I’ve ever heard… We’re writing for an audience of one and never forget that [and if not] you’re out of here.” 

“The most frustrated person in the back every single night is Triple H. He’ll always take, especially the NXT guys, under his wing. It looks like he’s consoling them. It looks so much like he was the most frustrated person in the building every single night.” 

In addition, WrestlingNews.co has revealed more details from the call.

– The Wild Card Rule was not in the script on the morning of the show. 

– The Superstar Shake-Up changed week to week and it didn’t pan out how it was originally laid out months prior. Everything changed because Vince just decided to change it. 

– He talked about the turnover with so many backstage people quitting or being fired. 

– SmackDown and Raw writing teams are the same for both shows. They used to be separate but that changed recently after the Shake-Up. 

– The caller emphasized that the problems in WWE are not creative’s fault and Vince McMahon is the one person who deserves the blame. 

– Vince wants suggestions from everyone but it never gets on TV. 99 out of 100 times you can come up with an idea for Vince and it won’t be used. 

– The entire creative team has pitched to have Raw and SmackDown look completely different with different production, a different way of shooting things, etc. and McMahon shoots it down. 

– Vince McMahon doesn’t keep track of what is going on with NXT. He “maybe” watches Takeover shows. 

– The writers say he just watches WWE and works out and is not aware of things going on in the real world. 

– The writers say there is no chance of Vince stepping down. 

– Dana Brooke has been the hardest worker for the last 3 years. She goes to the Performance Center, she shows up early and helps set up the ring and she gets in the ring so she can get better. Creative will pitch something for her and she gets nothing up until recently with MITB. 

– The caller offered to tell Wade Keller off the air of some cool storylines that were pitched and never used. 

– The writer he talked to said, “we’re all working for Dana Warrior and it’s really awkward.” 

– The WWE-Fox contract prohibits Fox from moving the show to FS1 even if the ratings drop. 

– One writer is very close to quitting because he is so “unbelievably unhappy” and many of the writers are paranoid and think they are close to being fired. 

– “It’s such a toxic atmosphere and it’s all because of one person.” 

– When Neville walked out, there was a crazy shouting match and he flipped out on Vince McMahon and that was the last time they saw him. The writers praised Neville for being so easy to work with. 

– Ideas never pan out as originally planned because writers will come up with stuff and then Vince loses interest after a week or two. He used Mojo Rawley as an example. 

– The money is good and it’s a dream job for many writers but it gets frustrating. The talent is very unhappy and people are trying to get out of their contracts. 

– The writers say Bruce Prichard is a pleasure to work with. “He’s a funny guy and a pleasure to work with but he’s not getting through to Vince either.” 

– Shane McMahon, Triple H and Stephanie McMahon have tried to talk to Vince but it hasn’t worked. 

– The people on the writing staff listens to podcasts and they hear fans bashing them. “It breaks their heart,” he said. 

– Vince is in the announcer’s ear “to a sentence” and he gets on them for tiny mistakes. 

– On Sami Zayn: “That’s not Sami Zayn’s promos. That’s Vince McMahon talking through Sami Zayn.” 

– There are 37 total writers and they are now working on both shows. 

– NBCUniversal and FOX both want the top stars. 

– Andrade went into Vince’s office and asked for a legit push. Vince looked at him and said, “learn some English and get back to me.” Andrade spoke some English last week and he’s been taking English lessons. 

– The Firefly Fun House stuff is all Bray Wyatt’s idea. Bray is described is an “absolute genius” and he helps other wrestlers with their promos. “He’s one of the best guys in the locker room.” 

– The writers he talked to say they loved when there was a real brand split. 

– He mentioned The Revival/Usos storyline being done because Vince just thinks its funny. 

4 days ago
1/1/01

I actually believe every word of that. 

4 days ago
1/1/01
Koma - 

I actually believe every word of that. 

Same
3 days ago
7/10/17

Interesting information thanks for the post.  I believe it all as well.  The only hope for Vince to pull his head out of his ass is if AEW takes off like a rocket but even then I think the wwe continues to flounder until he is totally out of the picture. 

3 days ago
12/28/12

37 writers!!

3 days ago
11/11/11

The moment vince stops working he will die. He has to keep moving.

3 days ago
3/7/05
VKM is a lunatic, this is not news really.
3 days ago
1/1/01
"– Vince McMahon doesn't keep track of what is going on with NXT. He "maybe" watches Takeover shows."

This singularly explains why NXT has *continually* been the best product / show WWE has had for years.
3 days ago
12/30/03

The problem is that since the late 80's people have been saying that Vince has lost touch with what fans want and each and every time he has ended up on top. 

Unfortunately, eventually those people are right. You can't understand the mindset of your audience when you're living Vince's life in your sixties. Vince thinks people are turned off by country accents to this day and a huge majority of the biggest stars in business have been Texans. 

Maybe when the XFL launches Vince can go do that for a year before it fails and by then everyone else will have the WWE moving in a direction he won't want to mess with

3 days ago
9/24/18
I'd say Vince cares about Lesnar, Cena, AJ, Roman, Becky and Charlotte. In his mind every other wrestler is dispensable.
3 days ago
3/8/04
Jones right nostril - I'd say Vince cares about Lesnar, Cena, AJ, Roman, Becky and Charlotte. In his mind every other wrestler is dispensable.

I think you are right about all the others but Becky.  He is trying his hardest to minimize her impact

3 days ago
1/1/01
jju - 
Jones right nostril - I'd say Vince cares about Lesnar, Cena, AJ, Roman, Becky and Charlotte. In his mind every other wrestler is dispensable.

I think you are right about all the others but Becky.  He is trying his hardest to minimize her impact

Word is he wants to push her to moon and the plan for right now is to have her in the main event again in next year's Wrestlemania.
3 days ago
1/1/01
hahahahahahahaha - just saw that Kairi Sane & Asuka's new tag team name is "Kabuki Warriors".

And according to WrestleTalk, the rumored main event for Extreme Rules is a tables match for the Universal title between Seth Rollins and Baron Corbin.

It's like Vince is TRYING to drive people over to AEW...
3 days ago
9/22/16
Poor Dana Brooke. She's been getting back into better shape, looks good in the ring, and is going to get shit on anyways. There's no brass ring, no payoff. Look at the Good Brothers.

I feel like I have to support AEW, cost or talent be damned.
3 days ago
8/19/03

I believe every word of this.   This same thing has been reported for years now,  but I like some of the details this story lends.  

2 days ago
8/2/05

I actually think Dana Brooke will win Money in the bank now. I think we’ve all been played

2 days ago
9/24/18
"– Shane McMahon, Triple H and Stephanie McMahon have tried to talk to Vince but it hasn’t worked."

What a conversation this would have been.
2 days ago
1/1/01
"– Dana Brooke has been the hardest worker for the last 3 years. She goes to the Performance Center, she shows up early and helps set up the ring and she gets in the ring so she can get better. Creative will pitch something for her and she gets nothing up until recently with MITB."-

I didn't like Dana's work, but I respect the hell out of her for that. Even if she isn't pushed hard, an employee like that should be kept.
2 days ago
1/1/01
Jones right nostril - "– Shane McMahon, Triple H and Stephanie McMahon have tried to talk to Vince but it hasn’t worked."

What a conversation this would have been.

All things considered, Vince didn’t listen to his father either.

2 days ago
1/1/01
– Vince McMahon doesn't keep track of what is going on with NXT. He "maybe" watches Takeover shows.

the best laugh I have had in years was when Vince claimed he watched the NXT UK show.
2 days ago
1/1/01
– The WWE-Fox contract prohibits Fox from moving the show to FS1 even if the ratings drop.

Bullshit. Every tv show in the world can be moved/cancelled.
2 days ago
9/22/16
RKing85 - – Vince McMahon doesn't keep track of what is going on with NXT. He "maybe" watches Takeover shows.

the best laugh I have had in years was when Vince claimed he watched the NXT UK show.

I remember that. I wonder if that's his way of saying he jerked it to Toni Storm.
2 days ago
1/8/04
Anybody knows approximately how many people are subscribed the the Network?
2 days ago
1/1/01

not really a fan of dana but a whole new respect for her if that’s true

2 days ago
3/26/02
So Dana will set up the ring and put in extra training, but Lio Rush will "has neglected doing some of the things that young wrestlers are expected to do like bringing water to wrestlers in the gorilla position."

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2019/05/sean-waltman-weighs-in-on-lio-rush-having-backstage-heat-in-653916/