11/8/19 10:32 AM
1/1/01
private party has the real smoke

aubrey edwards is the best ref in wrestling

pac/neville is so better than finn balor

i like thet bucks/omega/dustin arent dominating the titles

gimmicks are better (best friends, real luchadors)
11/8/19 10:56 AM
3/7/05
The gimmicks feel more original, everyone has their own personality.

The promos feel more authentic and the wrestlers seem more invested in what they are doing.
11/8/19 11:25 AM
9/24/18

No scripting = better product 

11/8/19 12:25 PM
12/6/10

Shits good

11/8/19 12:41 PM
9/22/16
Jones right nostril - 

No scripting = better product 

Agreed.
11/8/19 12:57 PM
1/1/01
Fuck all of you and your positive opinions, and Trump. -JIM CORNETTE
11/8/19 1:28 PM
1/1/01

Love it! And theyve got 2 of the most entertaining tag teams in all of pro wrasslin, and the Bucks aint one of them .....

Edited: 11/8/19 2:02 PM
11/11/11
BigWilliam - The gimmicks feel more original, everyone has their own personality.

The promos feel more authentic and the wrestlers seem more invested in what they are doing.

This. It goes a long way. Lot of things that I dislike about aew. However the authenticity keeps me invested and encourages me to give them a chance. The authenticity is a huge breath of fresh air that the business has been missing in the states on a big stage.  Now lets get rules and structure in place for the matches

11/8/19 2:03 PM
12/28/12

hi there scammer

11/8/19 2:15 PM
9/22/16
djones - 

Love it! And theyve got 2 of the most entertaining tag teams in all of pro wrasslin, and the Bucks aint one of them .....

I'm wondering what your two are?

I'd go with the Lucha Bros and Luchasaurus/Jungle Boy, but SCU is growing on me.
11/8/19 2:57 PM
8/27/11

Dipping your toes back in the water op?

11/8/19 3:40 PM
1/1/01
AnthonyWeiner -
djones - 

I'm wondering what your two are?

I'd go with the Lucha Bros and Luchasaurus/Jungle Boy, but SCU is growing on me.

Lol we’re basically on the same wave length: Lucha Bros & SCU but Saurus/Jungle and Private Party are growing on me

11/8/19 4:06 PM
1/1/01
TheBearStare - 
BigWilliam - The gimmicks feel more original, everyone has their own personality.

This. It goes a long way. Lot of things that I dislike about aew. However the authenticity keeps me invested and encourages me to give them a chance. The authenticity is a huge breath of fresh air that the business has been missing in the states on a big stage.  Now lets get rules and structure in place for the matches

Just watched today's WrestleTalk video, and apparently, both Cody and Jericho were responsible for & wrote their promo / video from this week's episode.
11/8/19 4:17 PM
5/7/08

Fuck off SFM

11/8/19 4:19 PM
1/1/01
I like Edwards as a ref, but my favorite is the female ref in NXT - she gets so into the matches and her facial expressions are hilarious. I always enjoy matches more when she's involved.

I don't wanna see SCU break up, but Scorpio Sky seriously needs a solid singles run at some point. (<==could I use any more S-words? sheesh)

Jericho is out of shape AF, but he might be the best character he's ever been. I love it.

I'm not sold on Private Party, yet. They're athletic as hell, but go a little too hard on the acrobatics - they focus more on that shit than they do making the moves look devastating / believable, IMO.

I laugh entirely more than I should at Marko Stunt. lmao

I also like that The Elite aren't putting the belts around their own waists.

It also seems like they're paying attention to the fans. This has been discussed here before, but it seemed as if they were gonna put the women's <==operative word) belt on Nyla Rose and the HW belt on Hangman. The fans obviously weren't into either one, so they pivoted. Vince could learn a lesson or six from this.

I can't stand how they bring out five people at a time for their battle royals.
11/8/19 4:32 PM
11/11/11

I hope jericho wins at the ppv. I feel he is sort Of the straight man to the company. His grizzly veteran-ness keeps everything grounded.

11/8/19 4:33 PM
9/22/16
TheBearStare - 

I hope jericho wins at the ppv. I feel he is sort Of the straight man to the company. His grizzly veteran-ness keeps everything grounded.

That's what I'm expecting. The Inner Circle vs. The Elite feud only works if Jericho is holding the belt, and AEW seems to be building towards some sort of "War Games" style PPV.
11/8/19 5:41 PM
7/10/17

AEW is great - really looking forward to the show tomorrow.  Their brand has me hooked - haven't enjoyed wrestling as much in years. 

11/8/19 6:09 PM
3/9/07

AEW actually has me looking forward to watching their product.  I can't even say that for NXT.  Only time I've been looking forward to a WWE show was last week's smackdown to see if it was a trainwreck.

11/8/19 8:47 PM
11/11/11

Honestly I'm still waiting to see the benefits of the win loss stats. I know its all still new and developing but it feels like its doing them a disservice thus far. Majority of the guys have terrible records and it feels pretty irrelevant. Even this week I forgot specifically who it was that needed a win, he finally did it but his opponent already had a meaningless record. The records contradict the "difficulty" of the matches. Matches need to be more lopsided to be congruent with what records are saying. In addition a guys overall record and singles/tag record will both be shown and will seemingly invalidate the one record that potentially makes someone look good.

Also will records ever get reset? Perhaps every year or "season" otherwise low card guys will have a tough time going up the card with a shitload of losses on their record. I feel lile they should hide records unless they are relevant for a particular match or angle. It would be more beneficial that way. 

11/8/19 9:09 PM
12/28/12
TheBearStare -

Honestly I'm still waiting to see the benefits of the win loss stats. I know its all still new and developing but it feels like its doing them a disservice thus far. Majority of the guys have terrible records and it feels pretty irrelevant. Even this week I forgot specifically who it was that needed a win, he finally did it but his opponent already had a meaningless record. The records contradict the "difficulty" of the matches. Matches need to be more lopsided to be congruent with what records are saying. In addition a guys overall record and singles/tag record will both be shown and will seemingly invalidate the one record that potentially makes someone look good.

Also will records ever get reset? Perhaps every year or "season" otherwise low card guys will have a tough time going up the card with a shitload of losses on their record. I feel lile they should hide records unless they are relevant for a particular match or angle. It would be more beneficial that way. 

yeah i wish they went with the win/loss concept but never showed the stats. it’s not necessary beyond keeping the booking on track. fans don’t care and it’s distraction.

11/8/19 11:04 PM
1/1/01
I would agree with that. Don't need to show the actual records on the screen.
11/8/19 11:14 PM
5/4/04

Jerichos spoof of Codys promo was the best thing I have seen in wrestling in 20 years.

Adam Page is kind of unique.  I kind of dig his style.  

Nothing against the Young Bucks but just not a fan.  

Moxley was ruined as Dean Ambrose.  

Interested in seeing this Jungle boy and Dinosaur guy

Sammy Guevarra has a ton of potential

11/8/19 11:21 PM
10/8/07

Keeping track of the records annoys me. It's predetermined. Everyone under the sun knows that. I don't like when wrestling companies go above and beyond to make it seem like a legitimate sport.

They do a lot of things right, but this isn't one of those things.

11/8/19 11:26 PM
9/24/18
The Destroyer88 - 

Keeping track of the records annoys me. It's predetermined. Everyone under the sun knows that. I don't like when wrestling companies go above and beyond to make it seem like a legitimate sport.

They do a lot of things right, but this isn't one of those things.

Yeah this. 

NO ONE looks at pro wrestling as a legitimate sport. It's entertainment. There's no need to try and blur that line when the audience is just mostly going to roll their eyes to it.