27 days ago
11/11/11
The Destroyer88 -

Keeping track of the records annoys me. It's predetermined. Everyone under the sun knows that. I don't like when wrestling companies go above and beyond to make it seem like a legitimate sport.

They do a lot of things right, but this isn't one of those things.

I dont know exactly how to implement it myself but stats can be pretty awesome even if it all is predetermined. The g1 climax is a beautiful example and njpw does it yearly.

27 days ago
11/11/11
Jones right nostril -
The Destroyer88 - 

Keeping track of the records annoys me. It's predetermined. Everyone under the sun knows that. I don't like when wrestling companies go above and beyond to make it seem like a legitimate sport.

They do a lot of things right, but this isn't one of those things.

Yeah this. 

NO ONE looks at pro wrestling as a legitimate sport. It's entertainment. There's no need to try and blur that line when the audience is just mostly going to roll their eyes to it. 

Bluring the line is what prowrestling thrives on. It helps with suspension of disbelief.  Its the old adage of "oh man everyone is fake but this guy...this guy is real."

Win loss records dont matter in and of itself. HOWEVER its a story tool, and prowrestling's setting is supposed to be that of a legit sporting event. Win losses beibg relevant isnt some new concept. Wins and losses damn sure mattered in the 80s wwf. Again the exact records themselves wouldn't matter but momentum and quality of wins is what mattered. The audience damn well knew no one ever beat hogan, or that ultimate warrior destroyed honky tonk man etc.

G1 climax is another beautiful example that I mentioned earlier.

Also ufc is the perfect example of wins and losses mattering. However its also an example of how irrelecant the EXACT stats are. Cornette said it best that ufc does prowrestling better than wwe does prowrestling these days. Despite popular opinion ufc has been a sports entertainment company for easily over a decade now. Its a farce. If they want u getting a title shot they will, if they dont you wont. They just need you to bs your way through a significant win or two(sometimes less) and you are good to go. Aew just needs to do what ufc does. Dont stress about overall records unless you can spin something interesting out of it(I have assumed thats where the analytics expertise would come in.) Stress big wins, big losses, win/loss streaks, speed of matches.shit like that. the overall wins and loss records aren't going to be helpful 95 percent of the time.

27 days ago
1/1/01
guys who hate me? cmon leave that on the other forum this is wrasslin talk
27 days ago
1/1/01
Jericho is out of shape AF, but he might be the best character he's ever been. I love it.

politely disagree, i loved when he was the man of 1000 holds and brought out that long ass scroll!
27 days ago
11/11/11

Him being so out of shape just adds to the character

27 days ago
12/28/12
shootfightermike - guys who hate me? cmon leave that on the other forum this is wrasslin talk

fuck off scammer

26 days ago
1/1/01
shootfightermike - Jericho is out of shape AF, but he might be the best character he's ever been. I love it.

politely disagree, i loved when he was the man of 1000 holds and brought out that long ass scroll!

You're a pile of shit regardless of which forum. How big of a fucking idiot do you have to be to actually type that out?
26 days ago
8/20/15
Mike F -
shootfightermike - Jericho is out of shape AF, but he might be the best character he's ever been. I love it.

You're a pile of shit regardless of which forum. How big of a fucking idiot do you have to be to actually type that out?

Didnt he try to scam people on the OG? Is that where the hostility is coming from?

Oh well I say. It is what it is. No one had to give to the man. If you give you give, it's on them to do right. Its a risk people were willing to take. No need to be mad people are shitheads. The world will work itself out brother.

If I give a homeless.guy $20 and he spends it on booze, that's on him. He should've got food ya know. 

26 days ago
12/28/12
Robert Thomas -
Mike F -

Didnt he try to scam people on the OG? Is that where the hostility is coming from?

Oh well I say. It is what it is. No one had to give to the man. If you give you give, it's on them to do right. Its a risk people were willing to take. No need to be mad people are shitheads. The world will work itself out brother.

If I give a homeless.guy $20 and he spends it on booze, that's on him. He should've got food ya know. 

no this is like if you gave a homeless guy money and then found out the guy was just pretending to be homeless to trick you into giving him money

25 days ago
6/22/12

I hope jericho stays champ for a long time, like a year plus.

Writing is better than wwe for sure.

Alot of the characters are great, some are pretty bad.

The women are terrible besides kong.

Great tag teams.

Wasnt a fan of the deathmatch style and hope they dont use it too much

25 days ago
10/3/16

I imagine Jericho will lose it to Omega when they have their trilogy match.

25 days ago
1/1/01
when they first announced Jericho/Hangman, I was adamant that Page wins. Until a few days before that match.

I then realized how horribly wrong I was with that and Jericho needed to be the first champ. He has been incredible.
25 days ago
6/22/07
I think going to record for their last 10 matches, once guys have had that many, would be a nice way to have stats that don't seem meaningless or make talent look bad.
25 days ago
9/24/18
RKing85 - when they first announced Jericho/Hangman, I was adamant that Page wins. Until a few days before that match.

I then realized how horribly wrong I was with that and Jericho needed to be the first champ. He has been incredible.

Not only that but I feel he should have a long title run. Have him keep beating people until the fans are dying to see him lose. 

25 days ago
2/25/12

Theres a lot of shit I like

Theres a lot of cheesy shit i dont like

If WWE had let Moxley be himself they would've had their next huge star

25 days ago
7/14/11
shootfightermike - private party has the real smoke

aubrey edwards is the best ref in wrestling

pac/neville is so better than finn balor

i like thet bucks/omega/dustin arent dominating the titles

gimmicks are better (best friends, real luchadors)

I find Edward's distracting with all her weird movements and expressions.

And you obviously have never seen finn outside the Wwe

25 days ago
12/30/03

I personally think any male wrestler below 175 lbs needs to stay off TV or stick to a division with similar sized people. The mighty mouse stuff makes it super hokey. I don't want to watch a 150 lb dude who didn't have the dedication to his craft to get on a cycle at some point. 

25 days ago
1/1/01
dirtymonkey22 - 

i have seen demon in new japan/indies and nxt

hes not all that to me plus i like neville/pac better
25 days ago
1/1/01
I know CIMA is having problems with OWE and China right now, but I really want to see T-Hawk and El Lindaman back in AEW soon.
Edited: 25 days ago
7/13/09
WrestlingSucks -

I personally think any male wrestler below 175 lbs needs to stay off TV or stick to a division with similar sized people. The mighty mouse stuff makes it super hokey. I don't want to watch a 150 lb dude who didn't have the dedication to his craft to get on a cycle at some point. 

LOL I wanted to do a thread on “if they just did one cycle” maybe I will now. 

I think they should definitely keep weight divisions if they’re doing “records count” as if it’s a sport. 

WWE are stupid for calling it a cruiser weight title.Especially when their WWF Light heavyweight titles more OG.  WTF is a cruiser weight?! You don’t even have a middle weight to be the “cruiser” between! MLWs the only one smart enough to call it a Middleweight title. If AEW did a middleweight or Lightvheavyweight title the fan will subconsciously associate that to legitimate sport. The older Gen X fan will think Anderson Silva or Chuck the younger ones will think John Jones or... anyway as a new company you can piggyback on other legitimate sports legacy. Cruiser weight makes me think of Rey Mysterio getting lawn darted by Kevin Nash or Jobber to bigger guys. 

24 days ago
8/20/15
Jones right nostril -
RKing85 - when they first announced Jericho/Hangman, I was adamant that Page wins. Until a few days before that match.

Not only that but I feel he should have a long title run. Have him keep beating people until the fans are dying to see him lose. 

Hogan/Sting style with a better blow off match. That's booking 101 how WWE forgot that I'll never know. It's like a game were Vince purposefully goes against what people want to see. Hometowners always lose. The Fiend/Seth shit. Corbin as KOTR. He does it almost every ppv. Especially big moments. You don't have to give them what they want always but build towards a pay off or comeuppance. 

Anyway back to AEW. I would like Omega to get a good run after Jericho. He deserves it. Especially with a sizeable US audience watching. 

Is anyone else completely fucking annoyed by how JR says "Hangmen" Page instead of "Hangman" Page? It fucking kills me,. How has no one corrected him. I get he is southern, but ffs I am too. People sometimes say vulle instead of ville. Like Nashville/Nashville. But Hangmen and Hangmen are plural and singular titles. It kills me.

I'm on a bitching roll tonight. I love AEW so far.though

24 days ago
12/6/10

In for details of what shitty OP did 

24 days ago
4/18/02
dirtymonkey22 -

This also private part may grow to be good , but their match with the Lucha bro’s showed they are not ready , there where long awkward delays every time they tried to actually work as a team , individually they are very talented 

Edited: 24 days ago
8/20/15
Herbish1 -

In for details of what shitty OP did 

I think he claimed he had cancer or something along the lines of health issues, then recieved.donations from the OG. Numerous OGers vouched for him along the way ultimately getting caught up in the aftermath of the alleged scam.IIRC

24 days ago
3/7/05
The best thing about AEW is no crap like the Lana/Lashley/Rusev angle.