11/12/19 10:48 AM
12/30/03
JJitsu -
WrestlingSucks -

I personally think any male wrestler below 175 lbs needs to stay off TV or stick to a division with similar sized people. The mighty mouse stuff makes it super hokey. I don't want to watch a 150 lb dude who didn't have the dedication to his craft to get on a cycle at some point. 

LOL I wanted to do a thread on “if they just did one cycle” maybe I will now. 

I think they should definitely keep weight divisions if they’re doing “records count” as if it’s a sport. 

WWE are stupid for calling it a cruiser weight title.Especially when their WWF Light heavyweight titles more OG.  WTF is a cruiser weight?! You don’t even have a middle weight to be the “cruiser” between! MLWs the only one smart enough to call it a Middleweight title. If AEW did a middleweight or Lightvheavyweight title the fan will subconsciously associate that to legitimate sport. The older Gen X fan will think Anderson Silva or Chuck the younger ones will think John Jones or... anyway as a new company you can piggyback on other legitimate sports legacy. Cruiser weight makes me think of Rey Mysterio getting lawn darted by Kevin Nash or Jobber to bigger guys. 

It would mean alot more if they did have a middleweight division for these guys. If somebody stood out, you could do a super fight, maybe even a champ-champ scenario. But for reasons of realism, that one dude who weighs like 150lbs with the muscle tone of a middleschool cafeteria lady needs to go away. 

I'm sorry but theres alot more to wrestling than being able to do flippys.

11/12/19 1:45 PM
1/1/01
WrestlingSucks - 
JJitsu -
WrestlingSucks -

I personally think any male wrestler below 175 lbs needs to stay off TV or stick to a division with similar sized people. The mighty mouse stuff makes it super hokey. I don't want to watch a 150 lb dude who didn't have the dedication to his craft to get on a cycle at some point. 

LOL I wanted to do a thread on “if they just did one cycle” maybe I will now. 

I think they should definitely keep weight divisions if they’re doing “records count” as if it’s a sport. 

WWE are stupid for calling it a cruiser weight title.Especially when their WWF Light heavyweight titles more OG.  WTF is a cruiser weight?! You don’t even have a middle weight to be the “cruiser” between! MLWs the only one smart enough to call it a Middleweight title. If AEW did a middleweight or Lightvheavyweight title the fan will subconsciously associate that to legitimate sport. The older Gen X fan will think Anderson Silva or Chuck the younger ones will think John Jones or... anyway as a new company you can piggyback on other legitimate sports legacy. Cruiser weight makes me think of Rey Mysterio getting lawn darted by Kevin Nash or Jobber to bigger guys. 

It would mean alot more if they did have a middleweight division for these guys. If somebody stood out, you could do a super fight, maybe even a champ-champ scenario. But for reasons of realism, that one dude who weighs like 150lbs with the muscle tone of a middleschool cafeteria lady needs to go away. 

I'm sorry but theres alot more to wrestling than being able to do flippys.

tony nece?
11/13/19 12:33 AM
11/11/11

Im watching aew dark from last week. Why the hell is riho the champ and not hikaru shida? Shida actually has a presence, xonnects to the audience, and appears to be far more polished and competent in the ring. Also based on a backstage interview she has freaking CONVERSATIONAL ENGLISH skills. I was shocked. She is also hotter and her tights always hanging low showing the underneath garment is pretty damn sexy.  Was riho becoming the first champ a total fluke? Is it confirmed that nyla rose was supposed to win? I could easilu believe rose was supposed to be first champ with shida or the dentist girl defeating her.

11/13/19 4:30 AM
7/14/11
TheBearStare -

Im watching aew dark from last week. Why the hell is riho the champ and not hikaru shida? Shida actually has a presence, xonnects to the audience, and appears to be far more polished and competent in the ring. Also based on a backstage interview she has freaking CONVERSATIONAL ENGLISH skills. I was shocked. She is also hotter and her tights always hanging low showing the underneath garment is pretty damn sexy.  Was riho becoming the first champ a total fluke? Is it confirmed that nyla rose was supposed to win? I could easilu believe rose was supposed to be first champ with shida or the dentist girl defeating her.

Kennys whole this is to push Japanese womens wrestling and nylas trans so having your first woman's champ be a man might bring some bad press

11/13/19 8:58 AM
9/22/16
TheBearStare - 

Riho is not under long-term contract with AEW. The original plan was pretty straightforward:

Kylie and Nyla in a program, with Nyla winning the belt. Opposite that would have been Britt and Bea in their program, with the winner (Britt) challenging the monster heel Nyla.

Only Kylie nope'd the fuck out of anything involving Nyla, fans shit their pants at the thought of a male champion, and AEW pivoted to Riho (short-term) while the Britt/Bea program ran its course.

Riho has actually re-signed a long-term deal back in Japan, and won't be with AEW much longer. But they don't want to devalue the belt by having the first champion hold it only a couple weeks, so here we are.
11/13/19 10:27 AM
3/7/05
I don't really like watching Riho take bumps. I keep thinking she is going to snap in half like a stick.
11/14/19 12:39 AM
1/1/01
RKing85 - I know CIMA is having problems with OWE and China right now, but I really want to see T-Hawk and El Lindaman back in AEW soon.

Ask and you shall received.

Hawk and Lindaman verses Young Bucks next week on Dark.
11/14/19 2:33 AM
11/19/09

I want the Brisco Brothers, Marty scurll and dalton castle in AEW. 

but so far their product is excellent and I look forward to wrestling every single week

Edited: 11/14/19 12:12 PM
11/11/11

Why wasnt dalton Castle signed somewhere years ago? Such a great act. I would have thought wwe would have jumped on that

11/14/19 8:57 AM
9/22/16
I'm not a fan of Dalton Castle.
20 days ago
1/1/01
Kylie Rae finally released something on her leaving AEW.

"I don't know how to start this and I can't speak on other's behalves. I can only speak for myself and what's in my heart. I don't know many rumors and honestly try to stay away from everything, obviously. But here: nobody made me leave. AEW took my career to new levels and I'm beyond grateful for every opportunity and experience that has come along the way and wish nothing but the best. It's a great group of people who truly love wrestling and just want everyone to succeed. I've always tried to be a good person but I make many mistakes along the way. I needed to get my mind, body, and soul right with God. I wish I had the answers but the truth is I don't. We all go through obstacles in life and we may want all the answers but we don't need them. It's God's plan and he has shown me what's truly important in life and to find a blessing in every moment because in the blink of an eye, everything can be gone. So instead of bashing, let's just love one another and appreciate what we have, or something like that lol sorry I'm awkward."
20 days ago
1/1/01
that statement is so cryptic it will probably just make rumors about why she left worse.
20 days ago
9/22/16
RKing85 - that statement is so cryptic it will probably just make rumors about why she left worse.

Yep.

Frankly, if she wants to be quiet, then comment only with deflection, I'd rather she shut her pretty little ass up.