David Jacobs' BJJGround Anyone train with Pedro Carvalho? Found his book

Edited: 13 days ago
1/1/01
Found a book called "Brazilian Jiujitsu: Vale Tudo" by Pedro Carvalho in a used bookstore in Cleveland of all places. It's autographed by him on the inside with the words "good luck". Never knew he wrote a book. I remember his vale tudo videos ("Craaaack!") sold by Paul Viele back in the day.

Anyone train with him or know if he's still teaching?
13 days ago
10/8/08
man i still got his old vhs instructional
13 days ago
9/9/05

He still lives and trains in Port St Lucie, Florida.

13 days ago
1/1/01
impactks - 

He still lives and trains in Port St Lucie, Florida.

does he have a website or contact info? thanks
13 days ago
1/1/01
Met him a couple times, went to a seminar at his school 15 years ago. One of my best friends is a BB under him. --Or "was". I think a lot of his CA BBs have migrated to other teams. FWIR, he basically abandoned his long time CA school and was not really into teaching BJJ when he moved to FL. Had other businesses going --I think one was a cafe of some kind. I guess since that time he has started teaching BJJ again, in FL.

Maybe some of that is off, that's just my memory.
13 days ago
1/1/01

He has another book on sport jj also, the vale tudo book was reprinted by black belt

13 days ago
1/1/01
shen - Met him a couple times, went to a seminar at his school 15 years ago. One of my best friends is a BB under him. --Or "was". I think a lot of his CA BBs have migrated to other teams. FWIR, he basically abandoned his long time CA school and was not really into teaching BJJ when he moved to FL. Had other businesses going --I think one was a cafe of some kind. I guess since that time he has started teaching BJJ again, in FL.

Maybe some of that is off, that's just my memory.

interesting, thanks
13 days ago
9/9/05

http://www.brazilianjiujitsu.net/phone/index.html

13 days ago
1/1/01
impactks - 

http://www.brazilianjiujitsu.net/phone/index.html

Thanks! I'm actually about 2.5 hours away. Might be cool to interview him for some old time jiujitsu in Brazil stories.
Edited: 13 days ago
1/1/01

he had a pretty decent school in rancho cucamonga

13 days ago
11/25/09

Forum member Ernest is a black belt under him IIRC.

11 days ago
1/1/01

One of the first BJJ books I owned. Simpler times 

11 days ago
1/1/01

the sport one or the beach jogging vale tudo

10 days ago
1/1/01
de braco - 

the sport one or the beach jogging vale tudo

beach jogging vale tudo!
10 days ago
1/1/01
I did. I was a simple lowly white belt. But he was great. I know he was very legit and his 14 year old purple belt brother used to ruin me (I was 20 yrs old).
9 days ago
1/1/01

https://archive.org/details/ValeTudoPedroCarvalho.PDF1998/page/n9 

Pedro's Vale Tudo Book. Enjoy!

9 days ago
1/1/01

indeed, the blackbelt reprint, i picked that up for like $1during a black friday sale. The only difference is the beach jogging cover. I have an original copy also purchased 20 years ago but the binding fell apart like a chinese motorcycle and had to punch holes in the pages and put it in a 3 ring binder.