Well I was looking for a place to drop in and I found this crap. Dude is a JU jitsu "Nidan" 4th degree Black Belt, his students wearing BJJ gis and it looks he is giving out purple belts ( that only exist in BJJ) I asked him about and he told me I don't know anything about BJJ and called me a moron.
The guy is 1st degree Judo Black so he most definitely knows better. Also guess what in his bio he mentions prior law enforcement service so he is most likely a completely deluded fool if he thinks that has anything to do with grappling.
Cutting-Edge Jujitsu Training And More!
Students will learn the foundations of Jujitsu working on basic and advanced techniques. The program includes fundamental takedowns, self-defense techniques, position controls, position escapes and submissions. are offered in GI and No GI, depending on the time of the year.
With a unique environment with training for every skill level, our team of highly-trained instructors will help you achieve your goals. Using Jujitsu as a martial art you will improve your grappling and ground fighting techniques. Our engaging team will keep you motivated and achieving the results you seek week after week
I'm not saying BS either way or soeaking to quality, but two points you need to consider:
1) Ju Jutsu spelling was around before BJJ came here and I used to know quite a few blacks in various forms of pre-BJJ Ju Ju jitsu. Even I am ranked in a few older styles. It is possible that he is ranked in another system -fair enough. He is not claiming to be a BJJ black belt from what I can see.
2) Purple belts WERE around in martial arts in North America prior to BJJ. In fact I hold a purple belt rank from the early 80s!
3) He is a black belt in Judo too.
4) He spells Ju Jitsu like a lot of the older Ju Jitsu styles here and seperates it from the "Jiu-jitsu" spelling that became popular here after BJJ arrived. Further, he doesn't mention BJJ so there is nothing wrong in that regards. He also uses the ranking that is not in BJJ, so from my perspective he is not trying to pretend otherwise.
5) Judo has a lot of crossover the techniques of BJJ in terms of most submissions, positions, escapes, etc.
6) I have been to several Non BJJ clubs, and most wear either BJJ or Judo gis, with a few using the older thinner type gis. In fact, the opposite was also true before BJJ gis were everywhere. A lot of BJJers actually wore Judo gis.
So FRAT summary, I don't see anything wrong but your wanting it to be BJJ. You can make a case for quality etc., that is another issue. The main point is that from what I can see he has not stated anywhere he is BJJ. He is Ju jitsu and Judo. And that is what he has shown.