David Jacobs' BJJGround Attention BJJ police

Edited: 12 days ago
4/17/18

Well I was looking for a place to drop in and I found this crap. Dude is a JU jitsu "Nidan" 4th degree Black Belt, his students wearing BJJ gis and it looks he is giving out purple belts ( that only exist in BJJ) I asked him about and he told me I don't know anything about BJJ and called me a moron.

The guy is 1st degree Judo Black so he most definitely knows better. Also guess what in his bio he mentions prior law enforcement service so he is most likely a completely deluded fool if he thinks that has anything to do with grappling.

Altoona PA
JUJITSU

MMA

Cutting-Edge Jujitsu Training And More!

Students will learn the foundations of Jujitsu working on basic and advanced techniques. The program includes fundamental takedowns, self-defense techniques, position controls, position escapes and submissions. are offered in GI and No GI, depending on the time of the year.

With a unique environment with training for every skill level, our team of highly-trained instructors will help you achieve your goals. Using Jujitsu as a martial art you will improve your grappling and ground fighting techniques. Our engaging team will keep you motivated and achieving the results you seek week after week

12 days ago
4/17/18

Oh and my banned accounts go back to 00 and and 05 you bunch of cock faggots, EvilMachida has a small pecker
Alex W banged his sister etc...

12 days ago
8/28/10
TheMidnightXpress -

Oh and my banned accounts go back to 00 and and 05 you bunch of cock faggots, EvilMachida has a small pecker
Alex W banged his sister etc...

Ok Kirik

12 days ago
3/18/02

website says everything except for instructors lineage and rank

they are not real BJJ IMO

real BJJ doesnt spell it jujitsu, use terms like nidan and sensei

they are most likely, LARPERS looking to hook onto the popularity of BJJ to make money, piggybacking on their TMA credentials which we all know, do not translate well to real BJJ 

Run away 

12 days ago
9/10/13

They don't say bjj but are definitely playing coy.

Anyone know this guy? 

Not much info out there except for a earlier thread here asking if he is a fraud lol. 

12 days ago
12/26/02

My favorite part so far is that nidan means "second degree" not 4th degree. 

In

12 days ago
4/17/18
pahulkster -

They don't say bjj but are definitely playing coy.

Anyone know this guy? 

Not much info out there except for a earlier thread here asking if he is a fraud lol. 

There seems to be a fair amount of nonsense going on in that video.

12 days ago
4/17/18

This dude also runs a "fighters only" mma program 

1/1/01

This guy says that Helio Gracie literally taught 35 half hour privates, per day --17.5 hours of teaching-- every day.

I guess that's why Helio didn't have the time to shown him how to do a proper armbar from the Mount.
12 days ago
3/18/02
twinkletoesCT - 

My favorite part so far is that nidan means "second degree" not 4th degree. 

In

lol good catch 

12 days ago
3/15/15
TheMidnightXpress - 

Well I was looking for a place to drop in and I found this crap. Dude is a JU jitsu "Nidan" 4th degree Black Belt, his students wearing BJJ gis and it looks he is giving out purple belts ( that only exist in BJJ) I asked him about and he told me I don't know anything about BJJ and called me a moron.

The guy is 1st degree Judo Black so he most definitely knows better. Also guess what in his bio he mentions prior law enforcement service so he is most likely a completely deluded fool if he thinks that has anything to do with grappling.

Altoona PA
JUJITSU

MMA

Students will learn the foundations of Jujitsu working on basic and advanced techniques. The program includes fundamental takedowns, self-defense techniques, position controls, position escapes and submissions. are offered in GI and No GI, depending on the time of the year.

With a unique environment with training for every skill level, our team of highly-trained instructors will help you achieve your goals. Using Jujitsu as a martial art you will improve your grappling and ground fighting techniques. Our engaging team will keep you motivated and achieving the results you seek week after week

I'm not saying BS either way or soeaking to quality, but two points you need to consider:

1) Ju Jutsu spelling was around before BJJ came here and I used to know quite a few blacks in various forms of pre-BJJ Ju Ju jitsu. Even I am ranked in a few older styles. It is possible that he is ranked in another system -fair enough. He is not claiming to be a BJJ black belt from what I can see.

2) Purple belts WERE around in martial arts in North America prior to BJJ. In fact I hold a purple belt rank from the early 80s!

3) He is a black belt in Judo too.

4) He spells Ju Jitsu like a lot of the older Ju Jitsu styles here and seperates it from the "Jiu-jitsu" spelling that became popular here after BJJ arrived. Further, he doesn't mention BJJ so there is nothing wrong in that regards. He also uses the ranking that is not in BJJ, so from my perspective he is not trying to pretend otherwise.

5) Judo has a lot of crossover the techniques of BJJ in terms of most submissions, positions, escapes, etc.

6) I have been to several Non BJJ clubs, and most wear either BJJ or Judo gis, with a few using the older thinner type gis. In fact, the opposite was also true before BJJ gis were everywhere. A lot of BJJers actually wore Judo gis.

So FRAT summary, I don't see anything wrong but your wanting it to be BJJ. You can make a case for quality etc., that is another issue. The main point is that from what I can see he has not stated anywhere he is BJJ. He is Ju jitsu and Judo. And that is what he has shown.

1/1/01
It's weird when people train --briefly-- with someone famous, then make their life about that fact.

--Like the guys who dabbled --at best-- in classes at Bruce Lee's Chinatown school, made an entire career out of it.
12 days ago
1/1/01
HotSteppa - 
TheMidnightXpress - 

Altoona PA
JUJITSU

MMA

I'm not saying BS either way or soeaking to quality, but two points you need to consider:

1) Ju Jutsu spelling was around before BJJ came here and I used to know quite a few blacks in various forms of pre-BJJ Ju Ju jitsu. Even I am ranked in a few older styles. It is possible that he is ranked in another system -fair enough. He is not claiming to be a BJJ black belt from what I can see.

2) Purple belts WERE around in martial arts in North America prior to BJJ. In fact I hold a purple belt rank from the early 80s!

4) He spells Ju Jitsu like a lot of the older Ju Jitsu styles here and seperates it from the "Jiu-jitsu" spelling that became popular here after BJJ arrived. Further, he doesn't mention BJJ so there is nothing wrong in that regards. He also uses the ranking that is not in BJJ, so from my perspective he is not trying to pretend otherwise.

5) Judo has a lot of crossover the techniques of BJJ in terms of most submissions, positions, escapes, etc.

6) I have been to several Non BJJ clubs, and most wear either BJJ or Judo gis, with a few using the older thinner type gis. In fact, the opposite was also true before BJJ gis were everywhere. A lot of BJJers actually wore Judo gis.

So FRAT summary, I don't see anything wrong but your wanting it to be BJJ. You can make a case for quality etc., that is another issue. The main point is that from what I can see he has not stated anywhere he is BJJ. He is Ju jitsu and Judo. And that is what he has shown.

He looks like another guy playing the "confusion game"

I'm gonna wear this BJJ style Black Belt and Talk About Helio nonstop but hey, I never SAID I was a BJJ Black Belt.

OK, whatever.
12 days ago
1/1/01
It STILL astonishes me for some reason that this exists and is not all that uncommon. Is it really that hard to just stick with jj and get a brown or black belt.

What's crazy to me is how often frauds seem to have successful schools. Maybe that part is more the art of a sleazy sales man.
12 days ago
4/17/18
HotSteppa -
TheMidnightXpress - 

Altoona PA
JUJITSU

MMA

The fact that I asked him whats up and that I never saw JuJitsu associated with  MMA and he responded by saying I am a moron who obviously knows nothing about mma because it's always been part of mma, suggests he knows exactly what he is doing and is full of shit. 

12 days ago
10/28/08

This guy knows exactly what he is doing. At the very least, it's gross.

11 days ago
3/15/15
TheMidnightXpress - 
HotSteppa -
TheMidnightXpress - 

Altoona PA
JUJITSU

MMA

The fact that I asked him whats up and that I never saw JuJitsu associated with  MMA and he responded by saying I am a moron who obviously knows nothing about mma because it's always been part of mma, suggests he knows exactly what he is doing and is full of shit. 

All spellings have been used and Ju Jutsu/Ju Jitsu was the most popular spelling used even today around the world and was used for years. All my old pre-UFC training was in Ju (Ju-do, Ju-jitsu, Ju-jutsu), all are different spellings meaning same thing. I really only saw "Jiu-jitsu" used a lot when BJJ became popular it was mostly used like that in Brazil historically, and some older texts also called it that. Like Hancock's books. But he is then not incorrect in saying that Ju Jitsu was always in MMA.

My point is that he is not really misleading really in terms of BJJ as he does not mention it. In fact, to be frank, Judo was regularly in MMA/NHB BEFORE BJJ as we know it. If he was claiming BJJ that would be different.
As an aside, his club's affiliation, the USJA, uses purple belt rankings.

But since I haven't heard him say anything I cannot presume what he is claiming. He has posted his rank/belt and affiliation. If it's not to your taste, best look elsewhere but he has not stated BJJ anywhere.

11 days ago
8/28/10

you can get paid to teach this!!???
11 days ago
3/20/14
SpeedKing9 - It STILL astonishes me for some reason that this exists and is not all that uncommon. Is it really that hard to just stick with jj and get a brown or black belt.

What's crazy to me is how often frauds seem to have successful schools. Maybe that part is more the art of a sleazy sales man.

Yes, it is, and may it always stay very difficult. Now I dont care, and some, especially wrestlers just like No Gi, but I used to theorize to myself that some guys hate Gi work because in a no gi everyone can look top tier; you dont have to go through the humbling process of wearing a white belt (not to mention the real suffering of heat, suffocation and associated discomfort of a Gi becoming twisted up, etc.)

Edited: 11 days ago
3/20/14
shen - It's weird when people train --briefly-- with someone famous, then make their life about that fact.

--Like the guys who dabbled --at best-- in at Bruce Lee's Chinatown school, made an entire career out of it.

I was guilty of dropping your name to everyone just for having driven past your school inadvertently a couple times while on vacation in California early -mid 2000's ...I'm ashamed for having extraploated that to give the impression of having received privates, a recommendation letter to my instructor for a stripe promotion, even "almost" BBQ'ing at your home (yeah..smh) etc. It happens bro.

11 days ago
1/1/01
circusmonkey - 
shen - It's weird when people train --briefly-- with someone famous, then make their life about that fact.

--Like the guys who dabbled --at best-- in at Bruce Lee's Chinatown school, made an entire career out of it.

I was guilty of dropping your name to everyone just for having driven past your school inadvertently a couple times while on vacation in California early -mid 2000's ...I'm ashamed for having extraploated that to give the impression of having received privates, a recommendation letter to my instructor for a stripe promotion, even "almost" BBQ'ing at your home (yeah..smh) etc. It happens bro.

I actually saw the selfie you took with the locked front door of my dojo. It was a little weird, but far better than the picture you took throwing up the shaka with the very uncomfortable looking Vietnamese lady who owns the nail salon next door.

10 days ago
4/17/18

Is there some established protocol for people who claim Japanese JJ black belt rank to cross over to fake BJJ Black Belt? I think claiming Kosen Judo rank ( which we all know is not a thing) along with with 10planet Fanboyism is a tried and true aproach. I'm hoping this guys discovers one of these methods soon.

10 days ago
1/1/01
shen - It's weird when people train --briefly-- with someone famous, then make their life about that fact.

--Like the guys who dabbled --at best-- in classes at Bruce Lee's Chinatown school, made an entire career out of it.

Totally!

Oss

Deepu - 4 stripe Pink sash, assistant instructor at Shendokan academy of greatness.  

10 days ago
3/15/15
TheMidnightXpress - 

Is there some established protocol for people who claim Japanese JJ black belt rank to cross over to fake BJJ Black Belt? I think claiming Kosen Judo rank ( which we all know is not a thing) along with with 10planet Fanboyism is a tried and true aproach. I'm hoping this guys discovers one of these methods soon.

That's the thing, he has stated his rank, which has nothing to do with BJJ rank as far as I can see, so there is no issue. Plus he is a black belt in Judo so he can really teach what he wants in grappling.All my original grappling knowledge was from Judo before BJJ hit.
Similarly, I see BJJ black belts "cross over" and teaching standing throwing from Judo and takedowns from wrestling when it is clear that they have no business doing so, including some big names.
Unless you have more info. than is posted I don't have any issue with it. Now, if he claims he is teaching BJJ then that is another issue as is giving rank in BJJ.
10 days ago
1/1/01
HotSteppa - 
TheMidnightXpress - 

Altoona PA
JUJITSU

MMA

In addition your asking Judo/Jujutsu/Jujitsu instructors to police what gi's their students wear so not to offend some BJJ people, ridiculous. This is the Soviet Union.