9/14/13
blabbermouth -

What am i looking at here?

Edited: 9/18/20 8:54 AM
8/20/16
flemingo -
blabbermouth -

I'm a bit unclear of the details, I pulled it off of this thread: https://old.reddit.com/r/bjj/comments/isa2k4/after_having_their_catchwrestling_world_champion/

Quentin posted the original pic.

I guess after beating Curran he was interested in entering some catch competitions, Snake Pit USA refused to allow him to compete, then Quentin wondered if they were scared of him, so Snake Pit USA grabbed a template for a cease and desist letter off of a Canadian website and filled it in, pretending they had a team of lawyers ready to tear Quentin apart if he kept mocking them.

Like I said, I'm a bit unclear on the details. It was something I read quickly on the subway last week. Basically Snake Pit USA is handling life like a 14-year-old trying to be tough on the internet.

Edited: 9/18/20 7:24 PM
4/20/02
blabbermouth -
flemingo -
blabbermouth -

I'm a bit unclear of the details, I pulled it off of this thread: https://old.reddit.com/r/bjj/comments/isa2k4/after_having_their_catchwrestling_world_champion/

I guess after beating Curran he was interested in entering some catch competitions, Snake Pit USA refused to allow him to compete, then Quentin wondered if they were scared of him, so Snake Pit USA grabbed a template for a cease and desist letter off of a Canadian website and filled it in, pretending they had a team of lawyers ready to tear Quentin apart if he kept mocking them.

Like I said, I'm a bit unclear on the details. It was something I read quickly on the subway last week. Basically Snake Pit USA is handling life like a 14-year-old trying to be tough on the internet.

Don't catch guys brag about how the old timers supposedly took on all comers from any >

9/18/20 1:55 PM
8/20/16
oblongo -
blabbermouth -
flemingo -
blabbermouth -

Don't catch guys brag about how the old timers supposedly took on all comers from any >

BJJ was too rough on their feelings, I guess.

9/20/20 6:34 AM
9/14/13
blabbermouth -
flemingo -
blabbermouth -

that's fucking dumb,

Martial arts need to be open to all entries in order to ensure the best techniques and competitors, fucksake

9/23/20 8:20 PM
7/30/03

I saw a recent advertisement that snake pit USA is going to be promoting combat catch wrestling now. I'm not sure exactly what the rules are but I am guessing that means strikes will be involved. 

9/23/20 11:57 PM
12/25/05
Calhoon - 

I saw a recent advertisement that snake pit USA is going to be promoting combat catch wrestling now. I'm not sure exactly what the rules are but I am guessing that means strikes will be involved. 

Eddie Bravo should send them an invite to his next event.

Hopefully they try and have him arrested as well.
9/24/20 9:07 AM
9/14/13
Calhoon -

I'd like to watch that, but i wish they weren't being such nerds about who's allowed to compete

9/24/20 10:22 AM
7/30/03
MrBlonde -
Calhoon - 

Eddie Bravo should send them an invite to his next event.

Hopefully they try and have him arrested as well.

Do you remember when Eddie was going to have a combat JJ event 4 man tournament with Vinny Magalhaes vs Josh Barnett on one side and Fabricio Werdum vs Gordon Ryan on the other side?

That would have been incredible but it fell apart. 

9/24/20 10:32 AM
7/30/03
flemingo -
Calhoon -

I'd like to watch that, but i wish they weren't being such nerds about who's allowed to compete

I would watch but I would still prefer if they allowed all guard play. I think they had a best of 3 falls rule or something similar meaning if you pinned your opponent for 3 seconds that is one fall and first to pin their opponent twice wins, or something like that. And a person playing guard could be pinned. I don't think that would be as good to me. 

9/27/20 4:57 AM
9/14/13
Calhoon -
flemingo -
Calhoon -

I would watch but I would still prefer if they allowed all guard play. I think they had a best of 3 falls rule or something similar meaning if you pinned your opponent for 3 seconds that is one fall and first to pin their opponent twice wins, or something like that. And a person playing guard could be pinned. I don't think that would be as good to me. 

I'd say just run it by old pancrase rules 3 rope escapes or downs, fuck pins