So a Bjj Black Belt friend of mine posted on his Facebook page what he had to do to achieve a 2nd Black belt in Bjj according to the IBJJF.
1) He had to wait 7 years after receiving his black belt
2) He had to attend and complete an IBJJF Rules Seminar
3) He had to submit to a background check
4) He had to go through and receive CPR training and certiification
5) He had to go through and receive SportSafe training/certification
6) He had to compete in IBJJF sanctioned 2018 tournaments...
(Note: his 2018 tournament record is as follows:
1) 1st place Gold Medal Denver International Open IBJJF
2) 2nd place Silver Medal World No-Gi IBJJF
3) 3rd place Bronze World Master IBJJF
I find it interesting that he had to accomplish more to get his 2nd degree than his teacher did(incidentally his instructor/coach was my first Bjj instructor coach)...
My question is this: is there any 2nd degree Black Belts and beyond who had to do what my friend had to do to receive their 2nd degree?