David Jacobs' BJJGround Goes and Renzo beef?!??

6/14/15 5:55 PM
3/15/15
AlphaTardTravisFan - 
graciesrule - Goes also had a beef with Luta Livre's Hugo Duarte (the guy who fought Rickson twice)which resulted in a street fight where Goes got knocked out with one punch!
Didn't Goes also get into it with Tank ? Phone Post 3.0

Yes, he was in the stands, and he and Tank started scrapping!
6/14/15 6:38 PM
1/1/01
AlphaTardTravisFan - 
graciesrule - Goes also had a beef with Luta Livre's Hugo Duarte (the guy who fought Rickson twice)which resulted in a street fight where Goes got knocked out with one punch!
Didn't Goes also get into it with Tank ? Phone Post 3.0

Both. The fight with Hugo was in Rio around 96/97 and Goes went to sleep. During the Luta Livre/BJJ wars. Hugo is a big strong guy(like 230) in Goes defense.
Edited: 6/19/15 5:01 PM
1/1/01

Goes' biggest MMA accomplishments were earning draws against Saku and Frank Shamrock -- who were seen as the two best pound-for-pound in the world at one point. Almost caught both guys with chokes. One bad, bad dude. It seems he always focused on MMA/vale tudo and not jiu-jitsu tournaments. I read that he was in the Brazilian military as well.

Shen is correct; BJ Penn went to train with Goes late in his career.

Allan Goes on being a fighter, and BJ Penn:

“These guys these days, they need ten week training camps. Dude, if a guy comes and knocks on your gym and says “hey, I’m going to kick your ass”, are you going to say “hey, can you come in ten weeks? In ten weeks I’m going to be ready for you.” What is that? That’s the difference of the guys back in the day and the guys today. The guys back in the day are ready any time. We were born ready. We train every day; we have good nutrition every day. You are not a warrior on occasion. You wake up warrior, you die warrior. I don’t like it. In the fights these days, guys just hold you and hold you — and throw two punches and look to the clock. That is not a warrior.”

“BJ is old-school. He was raised by the OG’s in the sport of jiu-jitsu. He doesn’t care. He’s not a samurai every other day. He’s a samurai every single day. He would fight anybody, anywhere, anytime.”

http://www.scifighting.com/2013/08/29/11999/scifighting-exclusive-allan-goes-interview/

6/16/15 2:38 PM
1/1/01

TTT for Allan. Looking forward to this.

26 days ago
1/1/01

ttt

26 days ago
9/19/07

If you don’t know who Goes is please leave now. 

26 days ago
1/1/01
does allen goes teach anywhere these days?
26 days ago
3/15/15
FatBuddha - does allen goes teach anywhere these days?

I thought he had his own school, but I heard he has gone a little unstable, etc.
26 days ago
8/20/16

I wish Goes put more technique videos on Youtube. This video and a Bitteti video changed the way I pass knee-shield:

26 days ago
1/1/01
Ha that's at my academy, I was there that day. Allan has a school near Irvine / Laguna in OC. I visited his old location several times. I really enjoy his teaching. Judging by the latest videos he does seem to be going a little off the deep end, wearing a gi and writing on a chalkboard and all.
25 days ago
6/4/02

I learned the same passing details from Carlson BBs.

24 days ago
2/15/14
blabbermouth -

I wish Goes put more technique videos on Youtube. This video and a Bitteti video changed the way I pass knee-shield:

Is this Rey Diogo's gym, the one on Venice Blvd?

24 days ago
1/1/01
mideastgrappler - 
blabbermouth -

Is this Rey Diogo's gym, the one on Venice Blvd?

Yes
21 days ago
1/1/01

In Allan's words the whole story.

21 days ago
12/25/05
Jack - 

In Allan's words the whole story.

Thanks for posting.
21 days ago
1/1/01
shen -

Yeah, Goes is no joke. 

--Didn't BJ Penn bring Goes to Hawaii to be his BJJ coach?

You might be thinking of Renato Verissimo of Nova.

21 days ago
5/11/08
Jack -
shen -

Yeah, Goes is no joke. 

No, Penn definitely spent time with Goes. I remember on BJ's old videos that he used to release on his website he would show stuff he called "Goes guard", which was a variation of DLR guard for MMA, iirc. 

21 days ago
1/1/01
pbody -
Jack -
shen -

Yeah, Goes is no joke. 

No, Penn definitely spent time with Goes. I remember on BJ's old videos that he used to release on his website he would show stuff he called "Goes guard", which was a variation of DLR guard for MMA, iirc. 

Yep, my mistake. He helped him prepare for the DIaz fight.

19 days ago
9/20/19

Pretty sure he fought after having brain bleeds which is insane. 

16 days ago
1/1/01
Goes and Renzo's beef goes all the way back to the Battlecade days, when the fight promoter/announcer (I forget his name, but an Italian guy with the first name John that went on to work for the UFC in match making I think) started instigating the two to try to generate a fight for a future Battlecade.

John _____ told Renzo that Goes talked shit about him, and Renzo ran after Goes when he saw him. The guys at the event said Goes got out of there. It's been years since I've heard the story, so hopefully someone else who heard it can chime in with more detail.
16 days ago
3/15/15
Mark Hunter - Goes and Renzo's beef goes all the way back to the Battlecade days, when the fight promoter/announcer (I forget his name, but an Italian guy with the first name John that went on to work for the UFC in match making I think) started instigating the two to try to generate a fight for a future Battlecade.

John _____ told Renzo that Goes talked shit about him, and Renzo ran after Goes when he saw him. The guys at the event said Goes got out of there. It's been years since I've heard the story, so hopefully someone else who heard it can chime in with more detail.

John Peretti.

I can't imagine Renzo beating Goes in a fight.