David Jacobs' BJJGround Goes and Renzo beef?!??

6/10/15 2:33 PM
8/25/09
I was watching the Stuart Cooper video of Alan Goes and he keeps challenging Renzo to a match at Metamoris.

He claims that its not personal but respectful. Then he says it was Renzo who was picking the fight and it's time to settle the score. Just curious where their "beef" originated from if someone could share with me. Thanks Phone Post 3.0
6/10/15 2:51 PM
11/10/05

I don't know... but I know  Goes fought Daniel Gracie a long time ago in the IFL and Renzo was cornering Daniel. I was told that in an interview Goes actually called out Daniel for a rematch.

6/10/15 3:33 PM
1/12/09
After watching Renzo with Hughes I think a 20 minute match would turn into a snooze fest after the first 5 minutes.
6/10/15 3:56 PM
3/15/15
Goes is a monster. I can't see Renzo beating him (submitting), unless, of course, Goes is not like his former self
6/10/15 4:08 PM
3/15/15
JoeyHustle - I was watching the Stuart Cooper video of Alan Goes and he keeps challenging Renzo to a match at Metamoris.

He claims that its not personal but respectful. Then he says it was Renzo who was picking the fight and it's time to settle the score. Just curious where their "beef" originated from if someone could share with me. Thanks Phone Post 3.0

You want to know? Renzo and his brothers were bullies and everyone knew that. Ralph was a psycho and Allan was not afraid of him. Allan beat him fair and square, Ralph, being the sore loser degenerate he is, punched Allan while he was getting his medal.

Allan represents Carlson. None of Carlson's top guys gave any shit about the triple r brothers. Renzo was the one who grew to be a bit more mature, but Ralph and Ryan used to talk and do, a lot of shit. Renzo failed as an older brother in not telling them to cool it and be respectful instead publically propping them up whenever they did bad things. There is no bad blood between Allan and Renzo, the past is the past. Allan wants to grapple an old school guy and that is it.
There you have it.
6/10/15 4:10 PM
10/2/13
Renzo and Hughes competed against each other in Metamoris? Result please?
6/10/15 4:33 PM
1/12/09
No it was UFC 112 it was awful. Renzo got so tired that Hughes took pity on him and they just clowned around after the first round.
6/10/15 4:49 PM
1/1/01
handfightingfan - Renzo and Hughes competed against each other in Metamoris? Result please?
ADCC 2015 they are having a Superfight Phone Post 3.0
6/10/15 6:00 PM
4/11/06

Alan will beat Renzo imo..

Alan is one of the thoughest bjj players Ive come across.

6/10/15 7:45 PM
8/13/14
Alan beats renzo he get's name recognition, not many people know alan other than a small percentage of old school guys. What can alan provide the promoter? If im a promoter why would i pay alan to grapple renzo? Unless alan is willing to take a small fraction of what Renzo is getting, why would i choose alan?

If you are Renzo, what do you get by going against alan? Would your brang get bigger? no. Renzo already went against a bigger legend in Mario Sperry so why would he grapple with Alan?
6/11/15 12:50 AM
1/17/06
BJJ Ragg Doll - Alan beats renzo he get's name recognition, not many people know alan other than a small percentage of old school guys. What can alan provide the promoter? If im a promoter why would i pay alan to grapple renzo? Unless alan is willing to take a small fraction of what Renzo is getting, why would i choose alan?

If you are Renzo, what do you get by going against alan? Would your brang get bigger? no. Renzo already went against a bigger legend in Mario Sperry so why would he grapple with Alan?

This is disrespectful friend. Alan Goes was a vale tudo pioneer and one of the original carlson gracie guys (who revolutionized the damn sport).

The "casual" fan doesn't want metamoris, in fact i'd say only bjj guys watch metamoris.

The only reason I don't see this happening is Goes is significantly larger than Renzo (or at least was).
6/11/15 2:43 AM
8/25/09
HotSteppa -
JoeyHustle - I was watching the Stuart Cooper video of Alan Goes and he keeps challenging Renzo to a match at Metamoris.

You want to know? Renzo and his brothers were bullies and everyone knew that. Ralph was a psycho and Allan was not afraid of him. Allan beat him fair and square, Ralph, being the sore loser degenerate he is, punched Allan while he was getting his medal.

Allan represents Carlson. None of Carlson's top guys gave any shit about the triple r brothers. Renzo was the one who grew to be a bit more mature, but Ralph and Ryan used to talk and do, a lot of shit. Renzo failed as an older brother in not telling them to cool it and be respectful instead publically propping them up whenever they did bad things. There is no bad blood between Allan and Renzo, the past is the past. Allan wants to grapple an old school guy and that is it.
There you have it.
He said Renzo was barking at him... So I don't know if this was the case.

I heard from old school guys that grew up with Renzo that he was never a bully but always the one getting picked on and a fight breaking out. They would go out to find girls and Renzo come and hang out ... They would say someone always tried picking on him and Renzo would never back down and all hell would break loose. I can see how the other two brothers can have a bad rep but I heard Renzo wasn't that type of guy.

Goes is a great fighter and so is Renzo. But both of their styles are not fan friendly to watch. Highly skilled but not made for an exciting match. I was just curious what Renzo did that created the animosity that Goes perceives is a reason to compete against each other.

Cool video to watch.. I always like hearing stories from that era. That's when Jiu Jitsu rivalries created great fighting stories. Phone Post 3.0
6/11/15 3:33 AM
8/13/14
myates - 
BJJ Ragg Doll - Alan beats renzo he get's name recognition, not many people know alan other than a small percentage of old school guys. What can alan provide the promoter? If im a promoter why would i pay alan to grapple renzo? Unless alan is willing to take a small fraction of what Renzo is getting, why would i choose alan?

This is disrespectful friend. Alan Goes was a vale tudo pioneer and one of the original carlson gracie guys (who revolutionized the damn sport).

The "casual" fan doesn't want metamoris, in fact i'd say only bjj guys watch metamoris.

The only reason I don't see this happening is Goes is significantly larger than Renzo (or at least was).

the casual bjj/mma fan doesn't know Alan Goes. As I sad why go against goes when he went against sperry who is 1) original carlson guy 2) vale tudo poineer 3) much bigger name in mma and in grappling than Goes.

Mario sperry is a bigger vale tudo/mma name. Mario sperry is a bigger jiu jitsu/grappling name. Why would Renzo go with Alan when he already went against Sperry. What does Alan bring more than sperry?
6/11/15 3:42 AM
1/17/06
He brings some "maybe" old school bad blood. The old guy fights are NEVER marketable and more done out of respect than entertainment value.

Does a casual mma fan care about bjj? Likely not, he's too busy yelling every time it hits the ground to "stand those faggots up".
6/11/15 12:46 PM
8/13/14
does the casual bjj practioner know alan?
6/11/15 12:55 PM
12/4/09
Goes also had beef with Tank Abbott that resulted in a cageside fight.

Damn I miss the old vale tudo days!
6/11/15 2:04 PM
6/8/06
Allan Goes was one of the few BJJ guys to take it to Sakuraba. Goes gave Sakuraba such a battle that Pride edited parts out of the fight when it went to VHS.
After the Mark Coleman fight he was never the same. Too bad.
One of the BJJ greats for sure.
6/12/15 1:18 AM
1/1/01

Yeah, Goes is no joke. 

--Didn't BJ Penn bring Goes to Hawaii to be his BJJ coach?

6/13/15 1:39 PM
1/1/01
Anyone else think Hughes will beat Renzo in ADCC too? Phone Post 3.0
6/13/15 2:08 PM
1/1/01
Allan is a beast. Phone Post 3.0
6/13/15 5:03 PM
1/1/01
Goes also had a beef with Luta Livre's Hugo Duarte (the guy who fought Rickson twice)which resulted in a street fight where Goes got knocked out with one punch!
6/13/15 5:39 PM
4/20/04
BJJ Ragg Doll - does the casual bjj practioner know alan?

They should.
6/13/15 5:56 PM
3/30/15
graciesrule - Goes also had a beef with Luta Livre's Hugo Duarte (the guy who fought Rickson twice)which resulted in a street fight where Goes got knocked out with one punch!
Moar on dis Phone Post 3.0
6/13/15 6:08 PM
8/13/14
CJJScout - 
BJJ Ragg Doll - does the casual bjj practioner know alan?

They should.

How many championships has he won? Mundials/adcc? Has he ever placed in any of the two? Im asking because i honestly have no idea. Wallid, sperry, royler, all placed or won these comps.
6/14/15 5:41 PM
5/23/13
graciesrule - Goes also had a beef with Luta Livre's Hugo Duarte (the guy who fought Rickson twice)which resulted in a street fight where Goes got knocked out with one punch!
Didn't Goes also get into it with Tank ? Phone Post 3.0