David Jacobs' BJJGround Helio Gracie: The Master Text

Edited: 2 days ago
1/1/01

I put this on my luta livre thread but thought I put it here also, I’m selling a few doubles I have, to clear some room for more stuff.This is a rare book. Google it. $120 for both the master text and the submission essentials book helio did with royler. I’m putting it on a bookseller if no one here wants it. 

2 days ago
1/1/01

2 days ago
1/1/01

2 days ago
1/1/01

2 days ago
1/1/01

A little from the helio and royler book

2 days ago
7/18/17

I’ll have this if u can ship to uk if I pay postage 

2 days ago
1/1/01

It’ll be an extra $37.50 to the UK. Whatever happened to the wealdstone raider?

2 days ago
8/28/10

That's a good deal. I remember the master text being $120 like ten years back

I found a copy in my local library and lost it only to find it a couple years later in one of my kids boxes. Paid like $90 to the library for it at that time

2 days ago
1/1/01

Some nut is asking a grand for his on amazon. Daft bugger. I got this one along with galvao and a couple other books in a package, so would rather it go to someone here at a decent price who’s passionate about bjj than try to gouge some tufnewb on amazon or abe . How’s the Rickson Merseyside tuxedo working out

2 days ago
8/28/10

Lol holy shit I bet he'll get the thousand dollars for it sooner or later. If he does, I'll have to go find mine and sell it on there too

The tux is a little snug on my post covid body but my oldest son sports it on brisk walks around the neighborhood

2 days ago
1/1/01

Mad as a hatter, yesterday he was asking somewhere around $450, so it more than doubled overnight. Maybe someday he’ll find someone with more money than sense and unload it. I hope your boy can handle the power of the rickson warm-up jacket

2 days ago
1/1/01

2 days ago
1/1/01

Why would we need another master text, when Gene Simco already covered that ground perfectly?!?! :P

2 days ago
1/1/01

Gene’s book isn’t really that bad, not bad at all actually 

2 days ago
1/1/01
de braco - 

I want to find ONE living BJJ Black belt -on this forum or eleswhere-- who has ever been taught this technique.

1/1/01

Good deal.

I have one from back in the day signed by Helio, Rorion, Rickson, Royce, Relson, Ryron, Rener etc.

2 days ago
1/1/01
shen -
de braco - 

I want to find ONE living BJJ Black belt -on this forum or eleswhere-- who has ever been taught this technique.

Ye olde flying dropkick , that must have came from palhacos like Fred ebert or the zybszko brothers

1/1/01
FatBuddha - Good deal.

I have one from back in the day signed by Helio, Rorion, Rickson, Royce, Relson, Ryron, Rener etc.

I could see maybe $500 for one autographed by helio and a whole bunch of other gracies. 

2 days ago
2/27/08
shen -
de braco - 

I always imagined he was being swept away by a stiff breeze. Cause he was so small and frail, you see.

2 days ago
1/1/01
Red Stuff -
shen -
de braco - 

I always imagined he was being swept away by a stiff breeze. Cause he was so small and frail, you see.

Indeed!

2 days ago
1/29/08

I have one signed by rorion. Maybe its worth $120.50???

2 days ago
1/1/01
de braco - 
Red Stuff -
shen -
de braco - 

Indeed!

Actually, my understanding of this photo is that they wheeled Helio's Iron Lung up to the top a little hill, packed it with low-grade explosives and plenty of horsehair padding and literally FIRED him towards Carlos in order to get the photograph.

They then rushed Helio back into the Iron Lung before his little lungs were crushed by gravity.

(This event was also counted as a Vale Tudo "win" in the official Gracie family records).

2 days ago
1/1/01

With rorions self image he’d ask 20k

1/1/01
plasticonoband -

I have one signed by rorion. Maybe its worth $120.50???

I see, you think I’m trying to screw someone over, go look what these bring, you fucking douchebag. I’m trying to do someone a favor by offering it at a sensible price, so a kid who would normally not be able to afford a copy, can still acquire one. The fucking submission essentials by itself is going for $70, so in conclusion, go fuck a porcupine,  

1 day ago
10/27/03

I have one on my shelf. Didn’t realIze it was out of print.

Always thought it was a potential goldmine of comedy and surprised no one ever used it to create a parody.

There are pic sequences in there like - 1) Rorian pointing a silver pistol at Helio, 2) Helio throwing an elbow, then 3) Helio pointing the silver gun back at Rorian.

Here is a great one on chair attacks:

Grandmaster Helio Gracie On How To Defend a Chair Attack

Go in for the tickle and then hug them and tell them everything will be okay