David Jacobs' BJJGround Huge PEDRO SAUER Treasure Trove of Jiu Jitsu Video

8/16/19 11:05 PM
1/1/01
I have slowly been adding a ton of Pedro Sauer video on our Youtube page!
This has been from a ton of video Professor Sauer has done over the years
and it really is some good stuff.
I hope it helps your game and makes your Jiu Jitsu better!
Youtube page:https://www.youtube.com/user/TeamFusionAcademy/videos?view_as=subscriber

Who Cares Points: https://youtu.be/iYtgVskMfP0

Basic Rickson CrossBody Escape: https://youtu.be/-KS-xa602uY

Using "Dirty Feet" Drill to Enhance your Guard: https://youtu.be/9p5Bkpxw958

Blue Names please Hyperlink these.
8/16/19 11:12 PM
1/1/01

8/16/19 11:22 PM
1/1/01

8/17/19 12:02 AM
7/5/12
Meh, no thanks.
8/17/19 12:51 AM
8/20/16

Pedro Sauer is the man! I used to have his blue to purple and brown to black DVDs and they taught me so much invaluable fundamentals. Fantastic vids, thank you!

Edited: 30 days ago
1/1/01

Interesting observations.

8/17/19 12:59 AM
1/1/01

30 days ago
2/15/14
CountKomaNewsletter - no thanks huh ghost? Sorry dude, no swayze homos
on this thread.

I second The Ghost of Swayze

ALthough Sauer has trained good guys, he often teaches in his seminars techniques that dont work. Yup, I said it. They seem like the type of moves you can make work when you train with much lower ranked/skilled students often enough to understand their rhythm and patterns and then use your superior experience and skill to create some new technique on them. Techniques sound in principle and concept, but really work because of the massive skill gap and unlikely to work against someone of equal or more skill

His seminars are guilty of being filled with techniques like this. Every time he comes around for a seminar and I know dozens of people who attend, can never really use much of what he shows even though they all think he showed amazing stuff

30 days ago
10/28/08
mideastgrappler -
on this thread.

ALthough Sauer has trained good guys, he often teaches in his seminars techniques that dont work. Yup, I said it. They seem like the type of moves you can make work when you train with much lower ranked/skilled students often enough to understand their rhythm and patterns and then use your superior experience and skill to create some new technique on them. Techniques sound in principle and concept, but really work because of the massive skill gap and unlikely to work against someone of equal or more skill

His seminars are guilty of being filled with techniques like this. Every time he comes around for a seminar and I know dozens of people who attend, can never really use much of what he shows even though they all think he showed amazing stuff

Full disclosure: I got my blackbelt from Pedro.

It’s my belief that moves that “work against someone my skill level” are moves that rely on luck and/or chaos.  I’ve made it my course to reduce luck and chaos.  This would mean that if you are on my level, we’ll stall.  If you are better than me, you’ll most certainly win.  And if I’m better than you, I’ll certainly win.

It’s interesting to me that you want moves that work against guys better than you.  It’s completely foreign to my way of thinking.

7/5/12
Exactly what mideastgrappler said. And he has this cult-like worship from his students who will gush over what they just learned even though they never get any of it to work either. The reason is simple - they don't.

Recovering former Sauer affiliate student here. Glad I got out.
30 days ago
7/5/12
Setree - 
mideastgrappler -
on this thread.

It’s my belief that moves that “work against someone my skill level” are moves that rely on luck and/or chaos.  I’ve made it my course to reduce luck and chaos.  This would mean that if you are on my level, we’ll stall.  If you are better than me, you’ll most certainly win.  And if I’m better than you, I’ll certainly win.

It’s interesting to me that you want moves that work against guys better than you.  It’s completely foreign to my way of thinking.

So all those world champions won on luck and chaos. Got it.

If you want to waste time on techniques that only work on dummies you go right ahead. I want something useful out of my training.
30 days ago
10/28/08
The Ghost Of Swayze -
Setree - 
mideastgrappler -
on this thread.

So all those world champions won on luck and chaos. Got it.

If you want to waste time on techniques that only work on dummies you go right ahead. I want something useful out of my training.

Obviously, a Sauer affiliate hurt you.  I’m sorry that happened.

The goal is to be better than you were.  Not to beat people better than you.  Beating someone better than you means it happens now and then.  Being better means you do it over and over.  That is how you become a world champion.

30 days ago
10/28/08

That came off insincere.  I didn’t mean it that way.  I was shafted by a Sauer affiliate, myself.  I was pretty angry about it for a while.  I wouldn’t blame you if you were angry about how someone associated therein had treated you.  

30 days ago
7/5/12
"Hurt" me in the sense that I wasted a lot of time on useless training, but hey even that is a learning experience in itself.
1/1/01
At what belt rank did you quit training with Professor ghost? Was it white or blue? Now your what rank?
30 days ago
1/1/01

In

30 days ago
7/5/12
I was there long enough to go through a few Pedro seminars, and long enough to finally look around and compare to other schools training and skill level and see that something was horribly wrong where I was at. Had nothing to do with any treatment or drama. Obviously others on this forum have seen the same thing.
30 days ago
9/10/13

I’d love to train more with Pedro. His black belt that I started with is a killer and I’m really glad I got my early foundation there. 

He does have a ton of affiliates so I’m sure quality varies. Karate guys with blue belts and shit like that. 

30 days ago
7/5/12
That side control escape is a perfect example.

"Keep holding on and don't base out while I roll you over."
30 days ago
3/15/15
mideastgrappler - 
on this thread.

I will respond, because I understand what you mean, but I disagree with your conclusion.
Let me relate an experience I had years ago attending a Pedro Sauer seminar. I attended with a Japanese exchange student who was training with us, he was a black belt in Judo, from Japan, and highly skilled and competed seriously for a few years. They seem have a different way of thinking there in some contexts outside of competition, the best word I can use to describe it is: traditional.

When he saw Pedro showing these moves, he stated after, in awe, that Pedro was a Insert Japanese Word here because I do not not know what it was but (Judo people help me here) it roughly translated to what I call kata, or as he meant, perfect technique and understanding of connecting moves through a deep understanding of concepts. What he meant was the highest level of expression of the art. It's hard to put into words as he discussed it as a traditional concept in Judo. IT does NOT mean that they will work just as is, but are a pure expression that that must be trained and adapted by each player.
And there is the problem, people leave these seminars thinking that it will work like magic, because it is so crisp and clean. This is not true.
I will say this: For a number of years I trained mostly Pedro Sauer moves as my base, mostly off of his tapes, and videos of his seminars. They work. Period. All the moves I trained worked for me. Especially escapes from side-mount, turtle, mount control, and arm-locks (that is what I mostly focused on) Now I had to do lots of repetition, work on timing in training, etc. but they are great.

But I do understand, as this is a different approach then a world champion showing his moves that worked for him in competition. Stripped down. Focused. Worked at highest levels. There is a risk of missing things when we only focus on that.
But I have also been to a seminar of a world champion where most of us after could not pull off the moves.

The other thing to consider (I am only basing this off of 3 Sauer-affiliates I have been to in 15 years so I could be wrong) but the clientele is different. I found most people there were not serious competitors and the people signing up were "every day" people and older people too. He has so many affiliates that there is no way they can be filled with champions. I have seen this with Gracie barra too. One school will be killers and another 2 that I have been to are "family" sort of places.
Compare this to the Carlson affiliate school I attended where training was balls to the walls and mostly "assertive" young 20 somethings.

Having said that, I can loosely say that Pedro's teaching remind me more about the understanding and art of BJJ as compared to simple application and competition. There are masters in Judo like this too.
That's my take, I absolutely love his stuff. But I think many people need to realise, a lot of these techniques are "possibilities" that you need to take and train, and refine, and train some more rather than end products ready for the Mundials.

But I do agree that there will be schools with varying levels due to clientele and the fact there are so many affiliates that quality control is probably an issue.
1/1/01

In this video Professor Sauer shows how to maintain the mount by "staying loose" and also utilizing the concept of frog feet to maintain base. 

Turn volume up a bit, sound needs to be better.  

1/1/01

Nothing against the man --and I do know guys who are BBs under him--  but last time I checked he had 122 affiliates. Sure it's even more now.

I always wonder HOW can you have 100+ schools under you and have any sort of real student/teacher relationship with anyone?

At a ceratin point it just becomes a math problem; it gets impossible to spend time with everyone.

The guy is a very polished teacher and charming & likeable and all that. And REALLY what it's all about. It's not really so much about actually learning jiu jitsu. It's about being a part of a "family" (or mild cult) if you prefer.

Find one of the thousands of EXCELLENT BBs who DON'T have a 100+ affiliates and affiliate with them. Then maybe you can see your teacher more than  once every year or so and you might actualy LEARN some jiu jitsu from him. Regular traning with a "Professor" type high level BB is worth 100 times more than a once a year seminar with Pedro Sauer, or anyone.

30 days ago
6/8/03

I think what’s separates the b.s techniques from the good ones that you are taught in class, you see your instructor use these same techniques against high level opponents, for an example I seen the same stuff taught to me in class that big nog used against bob sapp

30 days ago
1/1/01

I've always love the Shine-slide style chokes and attacks.  

Here's another fun one!

30 days ago
8/28/10

Wheni saw the title of the thread I thought this was going to be about submissions 101 and Ari knaazen bolden himer Smith