David Jacobs' BJJGround Huge PEDRO SAUER Treasure Trove of Jiu Jitsu Video

29 days ago
1/1/01
Trained under Pedro Sauer for 10 years. Got my blue, purple and 1 stripe on it under him. I left due to issues with the affiliation practices. I never had an issue with anything he taught at seminars, outside of the fact that in 10 years I never once saw him teach the self defense stuff. Ever. But rolling with him is like rolling with an empty gi top that taps you. A lot. It was something.
29 days ago
12/17/11
There is a local school that is a recent Sauer affiliate. From following their social media posts it seemed the head instructor went from brown to black relatively quickly as did his two top students. Now I don't know these guys personally and Im not saying they don't deserve the rank. It just seemed a little accelerated compared to what I've seen at other places.
28 days ago
1/1/01
Hi Kroger, not sure why those guys were promoted so fast. It took me 10 years to get my black belt, but my path was a bit more old school and I think guys need to wait a bit to receive their black belt in Jiu Jitsu to maintain the integrity of the art.
I also typically have guys train a year and a half or longer for their blue belt and am pretty stringent with rank advancement simply because I had to pay my dues, others need to do the same.
28 days ago
1/1/01
itsahak, did you train directly under Pedro Sauer or was it with an affiliate?
It sounds like you trained directly under him. I am surprised he never showed
any self defense!? Whenever I see him, he always shows that first and that
is crazy to hear. We separate ourselves by the fact that we emphasize the
self defense.
Anyway, cool to hear you trained under him.
My first academy was in Northern Virginia where the headquarters are now
located. So dont know if you started there, but sounds like you've been training
for a bit..
Edited: 24 days ago
1/1/01
double post
Edited: 17 days ago
1/1/01
<blockquote>CountKomaNewsletter - <span id='userPost64672521' class='User-127206'>itsahak, did you train directly under Pedro Sauer or was it with an affiliate?<br />It sounds like you trained directly under him. I am surprised he never showed<br />any self defense!? Whenever I see him, he always shows that first and that<br />is crazy to hear. We separate ourselves by the fact that we emphasize the <br />self defense.<br />Anyway, cool to hear you trained under him. <br />My first academy was in Northern Virginia where the headquarters are now<br />located. So dont know if you started there, but sounds like you've been training<br />for a bit..</span></blockquote><br /> Through Frank Cucci originally, way back before Linxx Academy when he was still FDC (Functional Defensive Concepts). Then through Joe Gray when he opened his school as it was two hours closer to us. We never did get Prof. Sauer to our school. But in all that time, I never once saw a single self defense technique from him, Mr. C or Joe. Not saying they didn't know them or train them, just not in the seminar format during the early 90's... But I can say this, the man can move on the mat. I got to roll with him a few times, and it was like fighting an empty kimono that kicked your ass.
16 days ago
7/30/10

in

Thanks

Edited: 16 days ago
1/1/01
Hi itsahak,
So you were with Cucci for a bit huh? I worked with him right after 9-11 and then moved out of state. He went on to create a huge personal protection team with government contracts and he made BIG money! Frank was definitely a business minded guy.
I also knew Joe Gray through Pedro's seminars in n. Virginia.
Did you ever meet Todd Margolis or Nakapan or Jeff Rockwell?
13 days ago
1/1/01
CountKomaNewsletter - Hi itsahak,
So you were with Cucci for a bit huh? I worked with him right after 9-11 and then moved out of state. He went on to create a huge personal protection team with government contracts and he made BIG money! Frank was definitely a business minded guy.
I also knew Joe Gray through Pedro's seminars in n. Virginia.
Did you ever meet Todd Margolis or Nakapan or Jeff Rockwell?

I was a MT and MMA referee for Brent Pierces Kickfest and fight events in Danville, as well as the WKA and the GCA from 2000 through 2010. I reffed one of Nakapan's first fights. He cracked his opponent with a head kick that started in South America and damn near landed the guys head in to the third row! I didn't even wait to see the guy fall before stepping in and stopping it. Neither Todd nor Jeff ring a bell. The main guys when we were going down there were Steve Rainer, Scott Turner, Patt Trey was there but wasn't training super consistent due to still being in the teams. There was another guy that became the program manager when it became Linxx and moved off of VA Beach Blvd, he went on to be a firearms instructor with either VA PD or Norfolk PD. Name escapes me right now.
13 days ago
1/9/18

I am in the PS lineage under Jeff Curran. Jeff even stated at an affiliate gathering that he wants to keep his number of affiliates low instead of countless like PS. Like less than 10 and only in the Midwest area where he can frequently see and keep in touch with his associates.He wasn’t talking bad about Pedro or anything but just has different preferences. He holds Pedro in very high regard but doesn’t go overboard with the cult like hero worship of guys like Ari Knaazen Bolden. 

Very high level instruction coming out of Curran’s.

3 hours ago
1/1/01

When Rickson Gracie came to SLC, Utah and taught a seminar at Pedro Sauer's school.  This was the famous location in Salt Lake City that where the Pedro Sauer name started to attract a lot of students and many people began to hear about Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and train at our school. 

One day we were driving around looking for another place and I saw this place on State Street.  It was perfect with tons of windows and walk/drive by traffic every day!

3 hours ago
1/1/01

This is a shorter version, but seems to be a bit clearer.